You can easily register a claim and get settlement in a hassle-free manner if you hold an HDFC Ergo Car Insurance policy. The HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Claims process has been explained in detail below:
During Claim intimation to the HDFC Ergo Customer Care, you will need to have the following documents ready with you:
- RC Book Copy
- Copy of the Driving License
- A copy of the policy or cover note
The driving license copy should be of the individual who is driving the vehicle. It is advisable to carry these with you in the vehicle so that it can be used is a need arises.
In the event of an accident, follow these steps:
- Take down the registration number of the other vehicle which is involved in the accident as well as the name and contact details of the witnesses. These two steps will be essential when you are filing an FIR at the police station. An FIR has to be filed if there is damage to third party property, injury, theft of insured vehicle, and other major loss/ damages.
- After that you can call the HDFC Ergo Customer care and register your claim, through the toll free number - 18002700700. They will then give you a claim number for reference.
- The call center executives will also assist you in getting help for towing the vehicle and to find the closest network garage.
- From the authorized garage you can get a repair estimate which should be submitted along with the filled claim form and other necessary documents for claim processing.
- If the policyholder wants to take the insured vehicle to his/her preferred garage which is not a network garage under HDFC Ergo, then they should ensure that the parts which are replaced are genuine and procured from authorized dealers. After paying the repair bills, he can get a reimbursement n the same by submitting the cash memos/ bills to HDFC Ergo. The amount spent on repairing the damages will be reimbursed after the company evaluates the bills and other documents.
- Any costs related to depreciation, non-accident related repairs and other small deductibles have to be paid by the policy holder. The rest of the costs are covered by the insurance provider.
- Sign the satisfaction voucher once you get the car back from the garage (cashless facility). The expenses incurred, apart from depreciation costs, consumable items and compulsory expense, will be taken care of by the company.
- The claim settlement can take up to 30 days if the accident was major and the repair costs are more than 75% of the insured amount.
- In the event of theft of the insured vehicle, the company will hire a private investigator to track the same and for this purpose all associated documents will be collected from the police. In this case, the claim settlement process may take up to 60 days.
Documentation Required for HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Claim Process
- RC Book copy
- Copy of driver’s license of the individual driving the insured vehicle at the time of the incident.
- FIR filed at the police station
- Repair estimates from the garage
- Know Your Customer documents
- If the accident has risen out of a mutinous act, strikes or riots, then filing an FIR is mandatory.
- RC Book copy and original keys to the vehicle
- FIR filed at the police station as well as the final police report
- RTO transfer papers
- KYC Documents
- Letter of Indemnity and Subrogation
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017