Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed since 2001 Royal Sundaram general insurance offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Home and Travel Insurance to individual customers. Royal Sundaram also offers specially designed products to the Small and Medium enterprises and Rural customers.
Key Benefits of Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Cashless Claim Networks
Cashless claim service over 1800+ authorized network of garages across India
Opt for voluntary deductible of Rs. 15,000 and get 35% discount on Own Damage Premium subject to a maximum of Rs. 2,500
Accidental Cover /Customer Support
Get personal care with a dedicated personal relationship manager to guide you in case of an accident and to take you through the claims process.
Add-on Covers for Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Depreciation Waiver on plastic or metals parts in case of partial loss/claim.
Third Party Cover
Legal protection for death or injury claims from third parties.
Personal Accident Cover
Opt for voluntary deductible of Rs. 15,000 and get 35% discount on Own Damage Premium subject to a maximum of Rs. 2,500.
Inclusion & Exclusion in Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Loss of Baggage or destruction or damage caused to the Baggage, kept in the insured vehicle, arising out of an accident to the insured vehicle or theft of Baggage from the insured vehicle.
Wear and tear, Depreciation or any consequential loss.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy Highlights Updated on 27 Sep 2016
|Third Party Cover||Upto 7.5 L|
|Cashless Network Garages||3300+|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||84.85%|
|Net Earned Premium*||103045|
|Covers Provided||Basic Cover, Road Side Assistance|
*For Year 2014-2015
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Overview
Royal Sundaram is the renowned name in the insurance industry in the nation. Being ranked as the first private sector general insurance company, it is operating under a valid licence from IRDA since 2001. Since then, it is delivering a quality service to its customers and a range of products for insurance Therefore, it has covered almost all the products in the market.
It’s a joint venture between Sundaram Finance and RSA that is a largest general insurance company in the United Kingdom. This joint venture between the two financial giants is successfully delivering its products and services making people secure and happy. Till now, it has served more than 5 million customers who are very much secured and happy with its deliverables. Working with more than 1700 employees in more than 180 cities in the country, it is continuously acquiring its market at an every hook and corner of the country, thus increasing its market share.
We spend a lot of happy moments with our loved ones on our four wheels and we don’t want to convert these happy moments into a darker side. Keeping ourselves safe is the first priority and hedging our risks in terms of financial loss is the sequential. We cannot overcome a human loss, but we can definitely hedge our financial losses by getting a car insurance done.
Royal Sundaram provides “Car Shield” as its car insurance policy. It has a unique car insurance policy that safeguards you against law and its legal charges, against an own damage of your car and yourself and against a damage made to the third party. Let’s discuss about its facts and features:
Features and Benefits of “Car Shield” Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Salient Features:
You will get the privilege assistance in terms of free vehicle inspection at your door step.
- You can apply for your car insurance online at any point of time.
- Royal Sundaram provides you more than 1800 networks to offer you cashless transactions.
- You will get 24 x 7 road side assistance in case of any emergencies related to accidents or break down.
- Towing assistance will be arranged to the nearest service station in case of any emergencies.
- You will get a personal care at the time of accidents and claim process.
- There is a 24 x 7 helpline being offered by Royal Sundaram in case of claim settlements and related queries.
- You will get the quick response and speedy authorization of repairs to let you drive your set of wheels once again with full ease and comfort.
- The basic benefit is to get the protection against the financial loss due to the damage occurred to you and your car.
- Royal Sundaram will provide you unlimited benefit in case your car have made some damages to third party that resulted to their death or some injuries, for which they have claimed.
- If your car has made a damage to the third party property, then you will be entitled for indemnity up to Rs.7.5 lacs.
- Car Shield will provide a personal accident cover for you, your paid driver and other occupants of the car, in case a car met with an accident.
- If you will not use your insurance in one particular year, you will earn ‘No claim Bonus’ that you can transfer to any other insurance provider at the time of renewal of your policy.
- In case you are member of Automobile Association of India, you will get a 5% discount on ‘Own Damage Premium’ subject to the maximum of Rs.250.
- If the indemnity amount in case of Third party property damage reduces, you can avail a discount of Rs.100 on your Third party basic premium.
- If you choose to voluntarily access for Rs.15,000 on your damage expenses, you can avail a discount @ 35% on your ‘Own damage premium’, subject to the maximum of Rs.2,500.
Therefore, these are the key features and benefits offered by Royal Sundaram Car insurance. Now we will head towards the coverage
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Coverage
- Basic Car Insurance Coverage: The basic coverage includes a cover for your vehicle and yourself, indemnity for third party damages and a personal accident coverage.
- Cover for ‘Own Damage’: It covers any type of loss occurred to you and your vehicle in terms of some accident, fire, earthquake, storms, floods, riots, strikes, malicious acts, theft, burglary etc. but not including any normal wear and tear of vehicle, if damage is caused under the influence of drugs or alcohol, if the driver is running a car without having a valid driving licence or any mechanical or electrical breakdown of the vehicle.
- Cover for ‘Third party Damage’:It provides a cover for the legal protection against any expenses in terms of settling third party death claims, injury claims, third party property claims and other legal charges and expenses, but not including any damage to personal property or subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Personal Accident cover: It provides a cover for Rs.2 lacs in terms of personal accident for the driver or the owner or for the co-driver. If in case the following situations arises within the 6 months of the accident date, the owner or the driver would receive following compensation in terms of some percentage on capital sum insured (CSI) and these are:
- If the driver or the owner dies, then the cover of 100% of CSI will be provided to his/her immediate family members.
- In case of loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or one limb and sight of one eye, then the cover of 100% of CSI will be provided.
- In case of loss of one limb or sight of one eye, then the cover of 50% of CSI will be provided.
- In case of permanent total disablement, then the cover of 100% of CSI will be provided.
*All these covers are subject to some terms and conditions.
- It provides an additional cover for unmanned passengers and paid driver for the maximum of Rs.2 lacs.
- It also provides for the legal liability of the paid driver and the employees of the insured individual who might drive that car.
- It provides a cover for electrical and non-electrical fittings in a car along with CNG Kit and Bi-Fuel system.
The car shield from Royal Sundaram offers 8 add-on covers that are unique and provide value-added services to car owners. The Royal Sundaram car insurance add-on covers include the following:
- Depreciation Waiver Cover - This add-on ensures that you are provided the full amount that you claim, without deducting the depreciation value on parts of the car.
- Windshield Glass Cover – Through this add-on, you can get the front or/and rear windshield glass of your vehicle repaired or replaced, without affecting the 'No Claim Bonus' for the following year.
- Voluntary Deductible Cover – This is one of those Royal Sundaram car insurance add-on covers that can help you to save money on insurance premiums. By agreeing to a voluntary deductible amount, you can reduce your insurance premium by 15 - 35%.
- Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover – With this add-on, you can insure your vehicle for 100% of its listed price.
- Loss of Baggage Cover – You can claim reimbursement in case of loss or damage caused to the baggage kept in your vehicle.
- Spare Car Clause – This add-on offers you with conveyance allowance on a daily basis for hiring a vehicle if your car breaks down and needs to be repaired./li>
- Engine (Aggravation) Protector Coverage – You can shed all your monsoon worries and insure the engine of your car against damages through this add-on.
- NCB Protector – This add-on will entitle you to a discount of 20 – 50% for zero insurance claims in the previous year (i.e. during the tenure of the policy).
Therefore, these are the different types of coverage provided by Royal Sundaram on its car insurance that includes almost each and every type of damage that can make a big hole in your pocket.
Key Benefits Of Applying Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Online
There are a lot of benefits of applying for Royal Sundaram Car insurance online. The main benefits are as follows:
- Time saving – You will not have to spend your precious time and effort traveling to the insurers office. Instead, you can instantly get the policy online without any hassle.
- Simple process – You will only need to follow three simple steps to get your car insured by Royal Sundaram. These steps include filling out the online form, calculating the premium amount and making the payment online.
- Minimal documents – You will not have to submit numerous documents or deal with heaps of paperwork when you apply for Royal Sundaram Car insurance online. You will only need to provide the required information for obtaining the policy.
- Flexible payment options – You can pay using your debit or credit card and will not have to go through the trouble of withdrawing cash from an ATM to pay for the policy.
- Online assistance – When you apply for the policy online, you can avail the online assistance service (chat service) offered by Royal Sundaram and get answers to all your queries and questions.
- Special discounts – You can get special discounts based on the model of your vehicle when you apply for the insurance policy online.
How To Make A Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim?
Before making a claim on your Royal Sundaram car insurance policy, you must understand the procedure to ensure the claim does not fall out of place. It helps in saving time and resources. A snapshot of claims procedure from Royal Sundaram is provided below.
- When you decide to make a claim, contact the claims center immediately to register.
- Do not attempt to self initiate a repair/replacement without authorisation from Royal Sundaram.
- Upon successful registration of the claim, the representatives will provide a tracking number, and arrange for a surveyor to take stock of the damage.
- The surveyor will assess the extent of damages and submit an estimate of repairs from the workshop. At this stage, you may be required to submit registration certificate, driving license and other related documents.
- The duly filled claim form needs to be submitted to the surveyor for further processing. A copy of F.I.R is mandatory if damage/injury to a third party property/person is involved.
- After due authorisation, the repair/replacement procedure may be carried out by the insured. Availability of cashless option at select workshops will be notified by the representatives.
- Bills, proformas & estimates must be preserved for verification from Royal Sundaram for processing of claim refunds.
Managing Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim can be a cakewalk, if the laid out procedure is followed diligently.
Documents Required To Claim Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
A range of documents and paperwork is required during processing of a car insurance claim from Royal Sundaram. Knowing the nature of documentation helps in faster submission, directly impacting the processing time. Below is the list of documents you require when you make a claim against your Royal Sundaram Motor Insurance policy.
- Copy of the car insurance policy for reference.
- Duly filled claim form with precise details. The form is available on royalsundaram.in for free download.
- For company owned vehicles, the claim form should contain signature and seal of the authorised company representative.
- Original Registration Certificate and Driving License to be submitted to the surveyor/representative for verification.
- Copy of F.I.R in case damage is caused to a third party property/person.
- For both cashless and reimbursement claims, original invoice and proof of payment is required for speedy reimbursement.
- Ad hoc documentation as requested by the officials on need basis.
The claimant must be in regular contact with the designated POC throughout claims processing, and must be truthful and proactive to ensure successful conclusion. Always read the original policy documents to understand the rights and responsibilities. Note important phone numbers such as the toll free number for centralised customer service, and details of escalation officers in respective zones.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Terms and Conditions
- Depreciation value: It’s a value that gets deducted from your claim and it is as follows:
- In case of any nylon, plastic, rubber parts, batteries, tyre and tubes, the depreciation is @ 50%.
- In case of any fibre glass components, the depreciation is @ 30%.
- There is no depreciation for the rest of the glass parts.
- In case of all other parts that includes wooden parts, the depreciation is as follows:
- If the age of your car is not exceeding 6 months, the depreciation is nil.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year, the depreciation is 5%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years, the depreciation is 10%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years, the depreciation is 15%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years, the depreciation is 25%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years, the depreciation is 35%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 5 years but not exceeding 10 years, the depreciation is 40%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 10 years, then the depreciation is 50%.
- The depreciation rate for painting would be 50% but if done on a consolidated bill, then it will be charged as 25%.
- If the age of your car is not exceeding 6 months, the depreciation is 5%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year, the depreciation is 15%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years, the depreciation is 20%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years, the depreciation is 30%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years, the depreciation is 40%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years, the depreciation is 50%.
- If the vehicle crossed its age beyond 5 years, then the IDV would be taken as a consent between the Royal Sundaram and the insured.
- If you have not made any claim for preceding full year, then you will be entitled for a discount of 20% on your premium.
- If you have not made any claim for 2 preceding years, then you will be entitled for a discount of 25% on your premium.
- If you have not made any claim for 3 preceding years, then you will be entitled for a discount of 35% on your premium.
- If you have not made any claim for 4 preceding years, then you will be entitled for a discount of 45% on your premium.
- If you have not made any claim for 5 preceding years, then you will be entitled for a discount of 50% on your premium.
So, where do you find all such benefits and features related to your car insurance? There is only one place and that is Royal Sundaram Car insurance.
Get a royal treatment at Royal Sundaram car insurance and drive home a bouquet of financial protection for you.
“Drive home safe- there is someone waiting for you”!
FAQs - Royal Sundaram car insurance
- Why is Royal Sundaram car insurance required for a private car? How does a customer benefit best from the Car Shield car insurance scheme?
It is important for customers owning a private car to avail a comprehensive car insurance policy which provides them protection against damage, theft, natural and man-made calamities, property damage etc., The Car Shield insurance scheme from Royal Sundaram car insurance offers complete protection for the policyholder and his/her family with a wide range of benefits ranging from 24/7 cashless claim facility, additional break-in insurance, free vehicle inspections, roadside assistance and fast approvals for completing repairs.
- What are the coverage options provided by Royal Sundaram’s Car Shield car insurance policy?
The Car Shield scheme covers a broad spectrum of options primarily giving a customer insurance coverage during accidents and the damage associated with it. Compensation for bodily injury, death and damage can be claimed either by the first or the third party. The policyholder has a coverage for car and car parts damage with an optional accident coverage for co-passengers up to Rs 2 lakhs. Third party coverage is up to 7.5 lakhs. Royal Sundaram car insurance policy also comes with add-ons like depreciation waiver on spare parts, no claim bonus, settlement of the complete invoice price of the car in the case of theft or damage and the option of insuring a private car up to 100% of the list price.
- What is No claim bonus? How does Royal Sundaram car insurance cover the no claim bonus option?
Royal Sundaram provides the no claim bonus option for customers who abstain from making any insurance claims through a specified duration of the year. With the Car Shield insurance scheme, customers can transfer their no claim bonus amounts of up to 50%, from an earlier insurer to Royal Sundaram.
- What is the deduction done for deprecation of parts?
The Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Car Shield policy charges a deduction on the depreciation value for damages to metal, rubber, plastic and nylon parts of a car. Royal Sundaram does not charge any depreciation amount for the first six months. After that, there is a 5% increase with every six months, on the claims done up to a period of ten years.
- Are LPG/CNG kits covered under the Car Shield scheme?
Yes, Royal Sundaram car insurance provides coverage for LPG/CNG kits for private cars.
- What are the additional discounts that can be availed under this scheme?
Customers availing Royal Sundaram car insurance can enjoy additional benefits like flexible voluntary deductibles, applicable discounts on vintage cars and discounts for Automobile Association members.
- Can the Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Car Shield policy be cancelled at any time during the policy tenure?
Yes, the Car Shield policy can be cancelled by a customer at any point of time, with a notice period of seven days to the insurer. Royal Sundaram will repay any pending premium with a retention premium charge of Rs 100. The no claim bonus policy will also be taken into account during cancellations.
News About Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Insurance claims flooding Royal Sundaram post heavy rains in TN & AP
Royal Sundaram has received over 225 two wheeler and car insurance claims for up to INR 100 million in the recent few days alone. The automobile property claims are largely filed by small and medium enterprises and the insurance provider is doing their hardest to clear claims that are less than INR 10 lacs at the earliest. Royal Sundaram has been in constant touch with their clients in this hard time while striving to alleviate such incidents. The communication entails spreading awareness about their other products like home insurance. According to MD of Royal Sundaram, Mr. M S Sreedhar, it is only during times such as these that folks understand the inevitability of insurance schemes for all their valuables. Many of the Royal Sundaram vehicle insurance claims have cashless feature and the company has more than 300 inspectors who are speeding up the procedures, some even going to the extent of delivering immediate approval. And almost all claims are sanctioned in a day.
25th November 2015
Police should file accident report in one month – Royal Sundaram Insurance
The station house officials or SHOs (who are in-charge of police stations) have been instructed to deliver Accident Information Report (AIR) to the jurisdictional Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Tribunal within one month of FIR Registration. This will probably make the personal accident insurance claims an easier and transparent procedure. The Chennai DGP has already submitted before the Madras High Court Bench Justice M Chockalingam and S Manikumar that orders had been announced to SHOs to gather and submit the details of the victims (including name, age, family, work) when the accident occurred. The DGP also commanded to the SHOs that AIRs must contain verified copies of the FIR, accident site sketch, mahazar, photos of the site, driving license of the driver, insurance papers (and if required fitness certificate) of the car as well as the autopsy report if someone dies. And in case of injuries, a certificate relating them should be collected. These guidelines were given out as a result of a petition by Royal Sundaram Insurance Firm regarding lack of action by the state officials (as per the Section 158 (6) of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988).
29th October 2015
Jump to Royal Sundaram to Reduce your Car Insurance Premiums
Reputed insurance providers like Royal Sundaram deem female drivers better (safe drivers) as compared to men. This grants female drivers with some default rebates. Profession of the driver and his/ her previous NCB (No Claim Bonus) records are also great tools to assess eligibility for reduced premiums or discounts as far as these companies are concerned.
Royal Sundaram is particularly favorable towards those who voluntarily let go of small deductibles, which will be rewarded handsomely in the near future. Installation of safety devices too can work in your favor. The Royal Sundaram car insurance rebates are dependent on the past performance of the car model and obviously, discounts offered will be less for those makes that meet with accidents frequently.
1st June 2015
Nitty-Gritty of Car Insurance Claims- Explained by Royal Sundaram
After an accident that prompts you to claim for damages from a third party, a case need be filed in the Motor Accidents Case Tribunal. Ideally, this must be done within 60 days of the accident, however, courts do allow claims that are raised nearly an year after the said accident. Next, according to KN Murali, Head, Motor Insurance, Royal Sundaram, the court summons the vehicle’s owner/driver and the associated insurance company. Herein, if you are seeking damages to your own vehicle via third party insurance, your insurer is unlikely to back you up legally. Thus, avoid alienating your biggest ally with such a strategy. Alternatively, if you have been served a notice by the court stating that a third party has filed a claim on you, then either prompt your insurer to take care of the situation legally on itself, or authorise the insurer to hire a suitable lawyer to contest the case.
26th April 2015