Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed since 2001 Royal Sundaram general insurance offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Home and Travel Insurance to individual customers. Royal Sundaram also offers specially designed products to the Small and Medium enterprises and Rural customers.
Key Benefits of Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Cashless Claim Networks
Cashless claim service over 3300+ authorized network of garages across India
Opt for voluntary deductible of Rs. 15,000 and get 35% discount on Own Damage Premium subject to a maximum of Rs. 2,500
Accidental Cover /Customer Support
Get personal care with a dedicated personal relationship manager to guide you in case of an accident and to take you through the claims process.
Add-on Covers for Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Depreciation Waiver on plastic or metals parts in case of partial loss/claim.
Third Party Cover
Legal protection for death or injury claims from third parties.
Personal Accident Cover
Opt for voluntary deductible of Rs. 15,000 and get 35% discount on Own Damage Premium subject to a maximum of Rs. 2,500.
Inclusion & Exclusion in Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Loss of Baggage or destruction or damage caused to the Baggage, kept in the insured vehicle, arising out of an accident to the insured vehicle or theft of Baggage from the insured vehicle.
Wear and tear, Depreciation or any consequential loss.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy Highlights Updated on 21 Jan 2018
|Third Party Cover||Upto 7.5 L|
|Cashless Network Garages||3300+|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||82.78%|
|Net Earned Premium*||1436.18|
|Covers Provided||Basic Cover, Road Side Assistance|
*For Year 2016-2017
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. was established as a subsidiary of Sundaram Finance, one of the leading non-banking finance companies in the country. The company was originally a joint venture between Sundaram Finance and Britain’s Royal & SunAlliance Insurance plc (RSA). After acquiring the 26% holding from RSA in July 2015, Royal Sundaram is now the wholly-owned subsidiary of Sundaram Finance.
The company received its license from the IRDA in October 2000 and became India’s first ever general insurance firm in the private sector. Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. has a well-established presence in the Indian market with its agents, distribution partners, brokers, and affinity partners spread all over the country. It has branches in about 125 cities in India, and its workforce exceeds 1,700. Till date, Royal Sundaram has served more than 5 million customers in the country and continues to be one of the dominant players in India’s insurance market.
Since its inception, Royal Sundaram has been providing a range of services for its customers. The services provided by the company include health insurance, motor insurance, personal accident insurance, home and travel insurance, etc. In addition, the company also has a range of specialized insurance products for its commercial customers.
The car insurance service offered by the company is one of the best products in the industry. The company offers different types of car insurance packages for customers with differing needs. The comprehensive cover provides a great deal of protection for the insured cars. In addition, customers also have the option to subscribe to specific add-on packages to get extra protection for their vehicles.
Owning a car can provide you a lot of happy moments to cherish with your loved ones. However, the risk of an accident is always there when you drive your vehicle. With the right insurance cover, you can always hedge against the risk of an accident. While it is impossible to overcome the loss of a human life, you can mitigate the financial losses sustained during an accident. Royal Sundaram car insurance aims to provide just that through its range of car insurance products.
Royal Sundaram Car Shield Policy
Car Shield is a type of comprehensive car insurance policy provided by Royal Sundaram. It helps customers protect their vehicle against all kinds of damages including accidents and theft. Moreover, this comprehensive cover also provides protection against the liabilities of third parties.
The recent change in IRDA rules allows customers to choose the insurance cover of their preference irrespective of their auto dealers’ tie-ups with other insurers. When purchasing a new vehicle, you can opt for Royal Sundaram car insurance by seeking a quote from the company website. Even if you want to renew the existing motor insurance policy for your vehicle, you can opt for Royal Sundaram simply by contacting the insurer.
By taking a car insurance from Royal Sundaram, customers can enjoy a host of benefits offered by the company.
Reasons To Choose Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
With the advent of technology, you no longer have to visit the company personally in order to buy insurance for your vehicle. You can simply fill out the online form with complete vehicle details, calculate the premium, and pay online. Once the amount is paid, you can receive your policy document. In addition to the easy purchase option, customers can also enjoy a host of other benefits with their Royal Sundaram car insurance policy.
The key features of the plan are as detailed below:
- It provides access to 3,300+ cashless garages across the country.
- You will get 24 x 7 roadside assistance in case of any emergencies related to accidents or breakdowns.
- Towing assistance will be arranged to the nearest service station in case of any emergencies.
- You will get a personal care at the time of accidents and claim process.
- There is a 24 x 7 helpline being offered by Royal Sundaram for claim settlements and related queries.
- You will get a quick response and speedy authorization for repairs to let you drive your car once again with full ease and comfort.
- The basic comprehensive coverage policy provides protection against damages to your car and offers a range of discounts.
- It provides unlimited coverage against all kinds of liabilities to third parties involved in an accident.
- It offers up to Rs.7.5 lakh for property damages suffered by third parties during an accident.
- It offers protection cover for you, your paid driver, and other occupants of the car in case of an unfortunate accident.
- It allows customers to transfer No Claim Bonus (NCB) from other insurers when renewing with Royal Sundaram car insurance.
- In case you are member of Automobile Association of India, you will get a 5% discount on ‘Own Damage Premium’ subject to the maximum of Rs.200.
- If the indemnity amount in case of third-party property damage reduces, you can avail a discount of Rs.100 on your third-party basic premium.
- By opting for Rs.15,000 voluntary deductible, you can avail a 35% discount on your ‘Own Damage Premium’ subject to the maximum of Rs.2,500.
Royal Sundaram Insurance Plans At A Glance
Basic Car Insurance Coverage: The basic coverage plan offered by Royal Sundaram comes in the form of Car Shield policy, a comprehensive policy that covers both own damages and liabilities to third parties. This plan also comes with a range of discounts for customers.
- Cover for Own Damage: It covers any type of loss suffered by you and your vehicle through accident, fire, earthquake, storms, floods, riots, strikes, malicious acts, theft, burglary, etc. This coverage is not applicable for normal wear and tear, depreciation, or consequential loss. Damages sustained through mechanical or electrical breakdown is not covered. Damages sustained when driving without a valid licence or under the influence of alcohol or drugs are also not covered by this policy.
- Third-Party Liabilities: It provides a cover for the legal protection against any expenses in terms of settling third-party death claims, injury claims, third-party property claims, and other legal charges and expenses.
Personal Accident Cover: It provides a cover for Rs.2 lakh in terms of personal accident for the driver or the owner or for the co-driver. If the following situations arise within 6 months of the accident date, the owner or the driver will receive compensation in terms of a percentage of capital sum insured (CSI):
- If the driver or the owner dies, then the cover of 100% of CSI will be provided to his/her immediate family members.
- In case of loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or one limb and sight of one eye, then the cover of 100% of CSI will be provided.
- In case of loss of one limb or sight of one eye, then the cover of 50% of CSI will be provided.
- In case of permanent total disablement, then the cover of 100% of CSI will be provided.
*All these covers are subject to policy terms and conditions.
Additional Coverage: Royal Sundaram Car Shield policy also comes with some optional coverages that can be obtained by paying additional premium. Customers can opt for these covers to enhance the level of protection offered to their vehicles.
- The optional personal accident cover provides coverage for up to Rs.2 lakh per person for unnamed passengers and paid driver in a vehicle during the time of an accident.
- It also provides for the legal liability of the paid driver and the employees of the insured individual who might drive that car.
- It provides a cover for electrical and non-electrical fittings in a car along with CNG Kit and Bi-Fuel system.
- Car Shield’s Unique Add-on Covers: The car shield from Royal Sundaram offers 9 add-on covers that are unique and provide value-added services to car owners. The Royal Sundaram car insurance add-on covers include the following:
|Depreciation Waiver Cover||This add-on ensures that you are provided the full amount that you claim, without deducting the depreciation value on parts of the car.|
|Windshield Glass Cover||Through this add-on, you can get the front or/and rear windshield glass of your vehicle repaired or replaced, without affecting the 'No Claim Bonus' for the following year|
|Voluntary Deductible Cover||This is one of those Royal Sundaram car insurance add-on covers that can help you to save money on insurance premiums. By agreeing to a voluntary deductible amount, you can reduce your insurance premium by 15 - 35%|
|Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover||With this add-on, you can insure your vehicle for 100% of its listed price.|
|Loss of Baggage Cover||You can claim reimbursement in case of loss or damage caused to the baggage kept in your vehicle|
|Spare Car Clause||This add-on offers you conveyance allowance on a daily basis for hiring a vehicle if your car breaks down and needs to be repaired|
|Engine (Aggravation) Protector Coverage||You can shed all your monsoon worries and insure the engine of your car against damages through this add-on.|
|NCB Protector||This add-on will entitle you to a discount of 20 – 50% for zero insurance claims in the previous year (i.e. during the tenure of the policy).|
|Key Protector Cover||With this add-on, you can protect your vehicle against misplaced, lost, or stolen keys. All costs incurred in getting a new key (including the labour charges) are reimbursed to the car owner.|
Commercial Vehicle Insurance Plans By Royal Sundaram
Royal Sundaram car insurance plans are not just restricted to private vehicles. The company also provides insurance plans for commercial vehicles that could seat up to 7 passengers. Like any other comprehensive insurance plan, Royal Sundaram’s commercial vehicle insurance plan offers coverage for both own damages and liabilities to third parties.
Some of the features of Royal Sundaram commercial vehicle insurance include:
- Inbuilt personal accident cover for vehicle owner
- Optional cover for paid driver and cleaner of the vehicle up to a maximum of Rs.2 lakh per person
- Third-party property damage liability compensation up to Rs.7.5 lakh
- Unlimited liability for injuries or death claims of third parties
- Third-party liability insurance for goods carrying vehicle up to 15 years of age
- Third-party liability insurance for passenger carrying vehicles that can seat up to 18 people
Key Benefits Of Applying Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Online
You can avail several benefits when you apply for Royal Sundaram car insurance online:
- Time saving – You will not have to spend your precious time and effort traveling to the insurer’s office. Instead, you can instantly get the policy online without any hassles.
- Simple process – You will only need to follow three simple steps to get your car insured by Royal Sundaram. These steps include filling out the online form, calculating the premium amount, and making the payment online.
- Minimal documents – You will not have to submit numerous documents or deal with heaps of paperwork when you apply for Royal Sundaram car insurance online. You will only need to provide the required information for obtaining the policy.
- Flexible payment options – You can pay using your debit or credit card and will not have to go through the trouble of withdrawing cash from an ATM to pay for the policy.
- Online assistance – When you apply for the policy online, you can avail the online assistance service (chat service) offered by Royal Sundaram and get answers to all your queries.
- Special discounts – You can get special discounts based on the model of your vehicle when you apply for the insurance policy online.
How To Make A Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim?
Before making a claim on your Royal Sundaram car insurance policy, you must understand the procedure to ensure that the claim does not fall out of place. It helps in saving time and resources. A snapshot of the claims procedure for Royal Sundaram car insurance is provided below:
- When you decide to make a claim, contact the claims center immediately to register.
- Do not attempt to self initiate a repair/replacement without authorisation from Royal Sundaram.
- Upon successful registration of the claim, the representatives will provide a tracking number and arrange for a surveyor to take stock of the damage.
- The surveyor will assess the extent of damages and submit an estimate of repairs from the workshop. At this stage, you may be required to submit registration certificate, driving license, and other related documents.
- The duly filled claim form needs to be submitted to the surveyor for further processing. A copy of F.I.R is mandatory if damage/injury to a third-party property/person is involved.
- After due authorisation, the repair/replacement procedure may be carried out by the insured. Availability of cashless option at select workshops will be notified by the representatives.
- Bills, proformas & estimates must be preserved for verification from Royal Sundaram for processing of claim refunds.
Managing Royal Sundaram car insurance claim can be a cakewalk, if the laid out procedure is followed diligently.
Documents Required To Claim Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
A range of documents and paperwork is required during processing of a car insurance claim from Royal Sundaram. Knowing the nature of documentation helps in faster submission, directly impacting the processing time. Below is the list of documents you require when you make a claim against your Royal Sundaram motor insurance policy.
- Copy of the car insurance policy for reference.
- Duly filled claim form with precise details. The form is available on royalsundaram.in for free download.
- For company-owned vehicles, the claim form should contain signature and seal of the authorised company representative.
- Original Registration Certificate and Driving License to be submitted to the surveyor/representative for verification.
- Copy of F.I.R in case damage is caused to a third-party property/person.
- For both cashless and reimbursement claims, original invoice and proof of payment is required for speedy reimbursement.
- Ad hoc documentation as requested by the officials on need basis.
The claimant must be in regular contact with the designated POC throughout claims processing, and must be truthful and proactive to ensure successful conclusion. Always read the original policy documents to understand the rights and responsibilities. Note important phone numbers such as the toll free number for centralised customer service, and details of escalation officers in respective zones.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Terms and Conditions
Depreciation value: It is a value that gets deducted from your claim amount and is as follows:
- In case of any nylon, plastic, rubber parts, batteries, tyres and tubes, the depreciation is 50%.
- In case of any fibre glass components, the depreciation is 30%.
- There is no depreciation for the rest of the glass parts.
- In case of all other parts that include wooden parts, the depreciation is as follows:
- If the age of your car is not exceeding 6 months, the depreciation is nil.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year, the depreciation is 5%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years, the depreciation is 10%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years, the depreciation is 15%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years, the depreciation is 25%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years, the depreciation is 35%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 5 years but not exceeding 10 years, the depreciation is 40%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 10 years, then the depreciation is 50%.
- The depreciation rate for painting would be 50% but if done on a consolidated bill, then it will be charged as 25%.
Insured’s Declared value (IDV): It is the value of the sum assured of the policy that is fixed at the seller’s listed price adjusted with depreciation, and is as follows:
- If the age of your car is not exceeding 6 months, the depreciation is 5%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year, the depreciation is 15%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years, the depreciation is 20%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years, the depreciation is 30%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years, the depreciation is 40%.
- If the age of your car is exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years, the depreciation is 50%.
- If the vehicle has crossed the age of 5 years, then the IDV would be based on a mutual agreement between Royal Sundaram and the insured.
No Claim Bonus: If you do not raise any claims under your car insurance in a year, you will get a ‘No Claim bonus’ through which you can avail a discount on your premiums when you renew the policy. The discounts are as follows:
- If you have not made any claim for the preceding year, then you will be entitled for a discount of 20% on your premium.
- If you have not made any claim for 2 preceding years, then you will be entitled for a discount of 25% on your premium.
- If you have not made any claim for 3 preceding years, then you will be entitled for a discount of 35% on your premium.
- If you have not made any claim for 4 preceding years, then you will be entitled for a discount of 45% on your premium.
- If you have not made any claim for 5 preceding years, then you will be entitled for a discount of 50% on your premium.
- Renewal of car insurance : As per the mandate by the Indian Government, car insurance is a must. The validity of car insurance is 1 year and you have to get it renewed every year by paying the renewal premium amount.
FAQs - Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- Why is Royal Sundaram car insurance required for a private car? How does a customer benefit best from the Car Shield car insurance scheme?
- What are the coverage options provided by Royal Sundaram’s Car Shield car insurance policy?
It is important for customers owning a private car to avail a comprehensive car insurance policy which provides them protection against damage, theft, natural and manmade calamities, property damage, etc. The Car Shield insurance scheme from Royal Sundaram car insurance offers complete protection for the policyholder and his/her family with a wide range of benefits ranging from 24/7 cashless claim facility, additional break-in insurance, free vehicle inspections, roadside assistance and fast approvals for completing repairs.
The Car Shield scheme covers a broad spectrum of options primarily giving a customer insurance coverage during accidents and the damage associated with it.
- Compensation for bodily injury, death and damage can be claimed either by the first or the third party.
- The policyholder has a coverage for car and car parts damage with an optional accident coverage for co-passengers up to Rs 2 lakhs.
- Third party coverage is up to 7.5 lakhs.
- Royal Sundaram car insurance policy also comes with add-ons like depreciation waiver on spare parts, No Claim Bonus, settlement of the complete invoice price of the car in the case of theft or damage, and the option of insuring a private car up to 100% of the listed price.
Royal Sundaram provides a No Claim Bonus (NCB) for customers who abstain from making any insurance claims throughout the policy year. With the Car Shield insurance scheme, customers can transfer their NCB of up to 50%, from an earlier insurer to Royal Sundaram.
The Royal Sundaram Car Shield policy charges an amount for the depreciation value of metal, rubber, plastic, and nylon parts of a car. Royal Sundaram does not charge any depreciation amount for the first six months. After that, there is a 5% increase with every six months, on the claims done up to a period of ten years.
Yes, Royal Sundaram car insurance provides coverage for LPG/CNG kits for private cars. Customers availing Royal Sundaram car insurance can enjoy additional benefits like flexible voluntary deductibles, applicable discounts on vintage cars, and discounts for Automobile Association members.
Yes, the Car Shield policy can be cancelled by a customer at any point of time, with a notice period of seven days to the insurer. Royal Sundaram will repay any pending premium with a retention premium charge of Rs.100.
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Videocon Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care