L&T General Insurance Company Limited (also known as L&T Insurance) is one of the wholly owned subsidiaries of Larsen & Toubro Limited, one of the most reputed companies in the world. The insurance wing of L&T Limited offers services and solutions to individuals, corporations, SMEs and agricultural insurance solutions to people in rural areas. Credibility, experience and experience are some of the characteristics of L&T Insurance that has helped the company to become one of the premier insurance providers in the country.
L&T Auto Insurance helps people to avoid financial losses in unfortunate situations when their vehicles are stolen or damaged in an accident. If you with L&T, you will be protected against losses in many situations, which include personal accidents, 3rd party liabilities, and natural and man-made calamities. You can easily apply for L&T Auto Insurance online.
Features and Benefits of the L&T Auto Insurance Policy
- Get access to total disability and accidental death coverage of Rs 200,000 and property damage coverage of up to Rs 750,000.
- Get access to a hassle-free application and approval process when you apply for a L&T Vehicle Insurance Policy.
- Enjoy cashless claim settlements at various garages across the country that are certified by the company.
- Get access to claim assistance service Monday to Sunday, between 7 am – 11 pm.
- Enjoy ‘No Claim Bonus’ when you do not initiate any claims during the tenure of an auto insurance policy.
- Get protection against all liability claims made by any 3rd party involved in the accident.
- Enjoy the flexibility of applying for both 4-wheeler and 2-wheeler L&T Auto Insurance Policy online.
Scenarios covered by the L&T Auto Insurance Policy
The L&T Vehicle Insurance Policy covers the following:
- Accidents caused by external forces
- Damages caused by Explosion, Fire, Lightning and Self-Ignition
- Damages caused due to Riots, Malicious Acts, Strikes and Terrorist Attacks
- Damages caused by natural calamities like Floods, Storms, Earthquakes and Landslides
- Damages caused during the transportation of the vehicle by rail, road, air, lift and inland waterways.
- Theft or burglary
Claim Process Do’s & Don’ts Of L&T Auto Insurance
- Do not leave your vehicle unlocked or unattended once it had met with an accident.
- Make a note of the contact details of witnesses, and details of the 3rd party individuals and vehicles involved in the accident.
- Get the vehicle towed if needed and take it to the nearest, preferably a garage approved by L&T Insurance for cashless claims.
- Call the toll-free number of L&T Insurance within 24 hours and report the accident and keep your policy number and vehicular details handy when making the call.
- Start the repairs only after the vehicle has been surveyed by a representative of the company.
- In case of reimbursements, pay all the bills immediately and keep a copy of the receipts to make your claim.
- Do not indulge in any negotiations with the 3rd parties involved in the accident.
- Go to the nearest police station for filing an FIR, if the accident results in 3rd party property damage, theft, injury or death.
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017