ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd. is one of the top general insurance providers in India. The company provides various kinds of general insurance products for the benefit of its vast customer base.
The insurance solutions offered by the company safeguards your family from unexpected events in life. A customer can buy insurance for personal purposes and business liabilities across urban and rural regions in the country. The comprehensive motor insurance policy offered by the company provides extensive coverage. In addition to this, there are ample add-on protection plans that can be purchased separately to enhance the motor insurance coverage.
Why Should You Buy Motor Insurance From ICICI Lombard?
The reasons for buying ICICI Lombard motor insurance are many, as indicated below:
- The company is one of the leaders in the industry to offer long-term two-wheeler insurance to customers.
- ICICI Lombard offers a bouquet of add-on covers that takes good care of your vehicle.
- The insurer is affiliated to more than 2,150 network garages where you can avail cashless claim facility for your two-wheeler. The number of network garages for cars is more than 3,450.
- The insurer offers a roadside assistance cover that lets you enjoy your journey without having to worry about punctured tyres, empty fuel tank, vehicle breakdown, etc.
- You will be able to effortlessly transfer your accrued NCB to a different insurance company.
- The insurance provider offers instant issuance of two-wheeler insurance policies, even if the coverage has lapsed.
- The insurer is now offering the facility of self-inspection of the car using the Insure mobile app. Once you have made the payment for a break-in insurance policy, you can request for the insurance company to send a surveyor for inspection or inspect the car yourself. In the case of self-inspection, the insurer provides approval for the policy within a few hours of submission of the required video and other details.
Types Of Motor Insurance From ICICI Lombard
ICICI Lombard offers the following types of insurance plans for your motor vehicle:
- Car insurance
- Two-wheeler insurance
The insurance protection can be availed through any of the following plans:
- Comprehensive motor insurance
- Third-party liability insurance
ICICI Lombard Third-Party Liability Insurance - Inclusions
If needed, the customer can opt for a standalone third-party liability policy from ICICI Lombard. This policy protects the insured from legal liability to a third party for injuries, death, or property damage. It does not offer protection to the insured vehicle for any damages or theft. It also does not protect the policyholder from accidental injuries or death.
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Motor Insurance - Inclusions
The coverage under the car and two-wheeler insurance policies from ICICI Lombard are very similar. The inclusions under the plans are as indicated below:
- Damages to the insured vehicle due to natural calamities such as floods, lightning, earthquakes, and the like
- Losses due to man-made disasters such as strikes, terrorist acts, in-transit damage, malicious activities, etc.
- Theft of the insured vehicle
- Third-party liability insurance cover which protects the insured against legal liabilities to a third party following an accident - Coverage is provided for injuries/death of the individual and damage to his/her property.
- Personal accident cover for the owner-driver - For car insurance, this coverage can go up to Rs.2 lakh. In the case of two-wheeler insurance, the maximum coverage under this head is Rs.1 lakh. It is also possible to opt for personal accident cover for the passengers through a rider.
ICICI Lombard motor insurance - Exclusions
The following incidents are not offered coverage under the car and two-wheeler insurance policies from ICICI Lombard:
- Normal wear and tear of the vehicle with age
- Consequential losses, such as an oil leak leading to engine damage
- Electrical/mechanical breakdown
- Losses due to nuclear disasters, war, mutiny, etc.
- Driving the insured vehicle without a valid license
- Driving the vehicle while under the influence of drugs/alcohol
- Using the vehicle beyond its limits, as prescribed by the manufacturer
- Depletion of consumables used in the vehicle
- Damage to the tubes and tyres of the vehicle, unless there are damages to the vehicle itself
It is crucial to be well aware of the exclusions under the policy, so that there are no unpleasant surprises at the time of a claim. Hence, you should go through the policy wordings carefully and have a thorough understanding of the coverage.
FAQs for ICICI Motor Insurance
- Is it possible to renew my ICICI Lombard motor insurance online?
- Is it better to buy motor insurance online?
- How can I transfer my NCB to another insurer?
- How many times can I request for a roadside assistance service in a policy year?
- What is an endorsement in motor insurance?
Yes, you can do this easily through the website of the insurance company. All policies can be renewed 60 days before expiry. If the policy is already in expired status, a surveyor will have to inspect the vehicle before giving a go-ahead.
Yes, it is. When you buy a motor insurance policy online, it will be issued instantly with minimal involvement of paperwork. You can also choose multiple payment options, such as net banking, credit card, debit card, etc.
You should first inform your current insurer about the transfer of insurance. Then, you can request the current insurance company for an NCB retention letter. Using this letter, you can preserve the NCB for up to 3 months. Within this time you should attach it to another motor insurance policy in your name.
Under the Roadside Assistance add-on cover, you can request for roadside assistance facility up to 4 times in a policy year. These services should be the ones you opt for at the time of policy purchase.
An endorsement is an update made to the coverage under a motor insurance policy. It may or may not bear premiums.
- Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance
- Bharti Axa Motor Insurance
- Chola MS Motor Insurance
- Future Generali Motor Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance
- Liberty Motor Insurance
- Magma HDI Motor Insurance
- National Motor Insurance
- New India Motor Insurance
- Oriental Motor Insurance
- Reliance Motor Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Motor Insurance
- SBI Motor Insurance
- Shriram Motor Insurance
- Tata Aig Motor Insurance
- United India Motor Insurance
- Universal Sompo Motor Insurance
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.