The captivating design of the XUV500 is inspired by the cheetah. The static bending projector headlamps and the stylish grille in the front offers the car a bold look. The black accents on the vehicle and raised bonnet are eye-catching features. The vehicle also has attractive chrome accents and new alloy wheels.
The Mahindra XUV500 is available in a ‘G AT’ variant with a petrol engine and a 6-speed automatic transmission. This is perfectly suitable for a driver who is looking for an off-road adventure. Driving through city traffic in the vehicle is also a hassle-free and enjoyable experience.
Features Of Mahindra XUV500:
The vehicle has a host of features that makes it stand out from the competition in the Indian automobile market.
- The static bending projector headlamps have stylish lights. The curves on the road are highlighted at the time of steering, so that the driver is never unprepared.
- The stylish front grille inserts compliment the front of the vehicle in the best manner, rendering it a premium look.
- The stylish fog lamps highlight the XUV500 and the black accents around the lamps have a striking impact.
- The bonnet is contoured, resembling the shoulders of a cheetah.
- The XUV500 has new 10 spoke alloy wheels that give the vehicle a bold stance.
- The pronounced wheel arches on the XUV500 are noteworthy.
- The windows have chrome linings and the rear has a chrome applique.
- The XUV500 is now available in a new lake side brown colour.
- The interiors of the vehicle are premium. The car has an anti-pinch electric sunroof and a dual-tone dashboard. The black and beige leather seats ooze luxury. The manufacturer also offers the choice of all-black interiors in the vehicle.
- The vehicle has a 6-way power adjustable driver’s seat and a push-button keyless entry system.
- The logo protection lamps on the ORVMs are key highlights of the vehicle as well.
- The car has an ‘All Wheel Drive’ functionality that helps the driver be in control of the vehicle at all times.
- The Android Auto system in the car connects the vehicle’s infotainment system to the Android mobile device of the driver/passenger. This helps the user to access messages, calls, music, navigation, etc. through the infotainment system.
- The vehicle has the Connected Apps technology that provides multiple apps on the infotainment system. Some of these apps include Gaana, News Center, Zomato, Cricket Live, Bookmyshow, and Hashtag. These can also be accessed from a passenger’s smartphone through Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Ecosense technology that the Mahindra XUV500 comes with helps the driver optimise fuel consumption and minimise the CO2 emissions from the vehicle. The system provides an Ecoscore on the infotainment system that depends on the following factors:
- Speed of the vehicle
- Gear selection
- Aggressive braking
- Clutch override
It is possible for the passenger to share the Ecoscore of the ride on social media.
- The vehicle comes with enhanced suspension promising improved stability and comfort. The impact performance is also better when the vehicle moves over speed breakers, pot holes, and bad roads.
- There are 6 airbags in the vehicle, i.e., the driver and front passenger airbags, curtain airbags, and side airbags. The body of the XUV500 also have side impact beams and crumple zones. These provisions absorb the crash energy and distribute it throughout the vehicle.
- The Hill Descent Control functionality helps in controlling the vehicle on inclines. The Hill Hold Control protects the car from rolling backwards when it is started on an incline.
- The Emergency Call (E-Call) facility ensures the safety of the passengers in the vehicle. The emergency services are automatically placed a call on deployment of the airbags. If there is a mobile device that is paired to the system, a text alert will be sent to two pre-defined numbers.
- The vehicle is also equipped anti-lock braking system (ABS) with EBD.
The above features are present in the high-end model of the car. The lower variants may not be equipped with all the features mentioned above.
Mahindra XUV500 Car Insurance In India:
If you are looking to get insurance for your Mahindra XUV500, then you can do so in the following ways:
- The first step in determining the best insurance policy for your car is by familiarising yourself with the different options available in the market. There is ample literature on the internet that offers you guidance on how to choose the best policy. You can also compare plans between insurance companies at neutral financial websites to understand the balance between the coverage and the premium quote.
The next step is the actual insurance purchase process.
- You can proceed to buy car insurance from the neutral financial website after policy comparison. You will be able to purchase insurance in a few simple steps without the hassles of paperwork this way.
- Alternatively, you can visit the branch office of an insurance company and buy a motor insurance policy. You can also log in to the website of the insurance company for the same. You may be eligible for discounts on premium if you buy insurance online.
Mahindra XUV500 Car Price List:
The cost of Mahindra XUV500 is different across states. The ex-showroom price of the car in some of the prominent Indian cities are as shown below:
|Delhi||W4 - Rs.12,78,188 W6 - Rs.14,12,385 W6 AT - Rs.15,00,563 W9 - Rs.15,58,542 W9 AT - Rs.16,66,542 W10 - Rs.16,78,260 W10 AT - Rs.17,80,646 W10 AWD - Rs.17,86,791 G AT - Rs.15,62,541|
|Mumbai||W4 - Rs.12,71,225 W6 - Rs.14,05,422 W6 AT - Rs.14,93,599 W9 - Rs.15,51,579 W9 AT - Rs.16,59,579 W10 - Rs.16,71,297 W10 AT - Rs.17,73,682 W10 AWD - Rs.17,79,827 W10 AWD AT - Rs.18,82,351 G AT - Rs.15,55,578|
|Chennai||W4 - Rs.12,75,674 W6 - Rs.14,09,871 W6 AT - Rs.14,98,048 W9 - Rs.15,56,028 W9 AT - Rs.16,64,028 W10 - Rs.16,75,746 W10 AT - Rs.17,78,131 W10 AWD - Rs.17,84,276 W10 AWD AT - Rs.18,86,800 G AT - Rs.15,60,027|
|Bangalore||W4 - Rs.12,75,618 W6 - Rs.14,09,815 W6 AT - Rs.14,97,993 W9 - Rs.15,55,972 W9 AT - Rs.16,63,972 W10 - Rs.16,75,690 W10 AT - Rs.17,78,076 W10 AWD - Rs.17,84,220 W10 AWD AT - Rs.18,86,745 G AT - Rs.15,59,971|
|Kolkata||W4 - Rs.12,94,011 W6 - Rs.14,28,208 W6 AT - Rs.15,16,386 W9 - Rs.15,74,365 W9 AT - Rs.16,82,365 W10 - Rs.16,94,083 W10 AT - Rs.17,96,469 W10 AWD - Rs.18,02,613 W10 AWD AT - Rs.19,05,138 G AT - Rs.15,78,364|
|Hyderabad||W4 - Rs.12,70,366 W6 - Rs.14,04,563 W6 AT - Rs.14,92,741 W9 - Rs.15,50,720 W9 AT - Rs.16,58,720 W10 - Rs.16,70,438 W10 AT - Rs.17,72,824 W10 AWD - Rs.17,78,968 W10 AWD AT - Rs.18,81,493 G AT - Rs.15,54,719|
It should be noted that the cars with all-black interiors will cost Rs.3,302 more than the prices indicated above.
Mahindra XUV500 Engine Specifications:
The engine specifications and key features of the variants of Mahindra XUV500 are as shown below:
|Feature||W4||W6||W9||W10||W6 AT||W9 AT||W10 AT||G AT|
|Diesel engine||mHawk140 diesel engine, 5th generation variable geometry||Not available in this variant|
|Petrol engine||Not available in this variant||mHawk 4-cylinder - 2.2|
|Cubic capacity||1997 cc for XUV500 1.99 litre available in Delhi 2179 cc for XUV 500 available throughout India|
|Maximum gross power||Diesel - 103kW/140 HP at 3750 rpm||Petrol - 103kW/140 HP at 4500 rpm|
|Maximum gross torque||Diesel - 330 Nm at 1600-2800 rpm||Petrol - 320 Nm at 2000-3000 rpm|
|Gearbox||Manual - 6-speed synchromesh, Automatic - 6-speed transmission|
|Suspension||Independent suspension Front - McPherson type with anti-roll bar Rear - Multilink type with anti-roll bar|
|Fuel tank capacity||70 litres|
|Tyres||P235/65 R17, radial tubeless|
|Brakes||All disc brakes Front - Ventilated disc and caliper type Rear - Disc and caliper type|
Mahindra XUV500 Car Insurance Price:
The insurance premium for a Mahindra XUV500 depends on various factors, as described below:
- The extent of insurance protection availed - The cost of a third-party liability insurance standalone plan will be low as it offers limited protection to the policyholder. On the other hand, a comprehensive car insurance policy offers extensive coverage to the insured vehicle and its owner. Hence, this package policy will be more expensive than a limited liability-only plan. It is also possible to enhance the coverage under a comprehensive policy through add-on covers that can be bought separately. If the car owner opts for add-on covers, his/her car insurance cost will be higher, as he/she would have to pay additional premium for the riders.
- The voluntary deductibles opted for - At the time of buying a motor insurance policy for your Mahindra XUV500, you can opt for a voluntary deductible. This is essentially a part of the claim amount that you agree to pay when you raise a claim. By opting for a high value of voluntary deductible, you can considerably bring down your motor insurance premium.
- The engine capacity of the vehicle - The premium for third-party liability insurance is a fixed value that is decided by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) on an annual basis. This amount depends on the engine capacity of the vehicle. Since the engine capacity of the Mahindra XUV500 is above 1500 cc, it will attract a third-party liability premium of Rs.7890 on an annual basis. This value may change in the financial year 2018-19. The own-damage cover under the car insurance is also dependent on the model of the car.
- The presence of safety equipment - If the vehicle is equipped with safety devices, the insurer is likely to quote a lower insurance premium for it. This is because a vehicle that has a robust safety system is considered to be of low risk to insurance companies.
- The driving record of the owner - If the car owner has a good driving history, he/she may have accumulated a No Claim Bonus (NCB) that would translate into a discount on car insurance renewal premium.
- Customer loyalty - Some insurance companies offer lower premium rates for loyal customers who have been insured with them for an extended period of time. Insurers may also offer bundling discounts on motor insurance. This effectively means that if you have a health insurance/home insurance policy with one company, then buying a motor insurance plan from the same provider may result in reduced car insurance premium.
Mahindra XUV500 Insurance Renewal:
There are several ways in which you can renew the motor insurance policy of your Mahindra XUV500:
- In case you have bought the policy from the insurer directly, you can request for a renewal by calling the customer care team of the company. For online policies, the renewal process is very easy. The customer can login to the insurer’s website and click on the “Renew Policy” menu option to access the relevant form. By updating few fields on this form and making the premium payment, the policy will be renewed instantly.
- If you have purchased the policy from a neutral financial website, you can request for renewal through the same website. This process is also effortless and the policy will be renewed within minutes.
*The features and prices may be changed by Mahindra, without prior notice. So, check with the dealership on the latest specifications and prices before buying the vehicle. The details can also be seen at the Mahindra XUV500 website.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017