The bank which is one of the major private sector banking organization recruits probationary officers almost year. Located in Thrissur, Kerala the bank is all set to conduct the PO exam in 2020 in order to hire the next bunch of officers and is expected to release the official notifications soon.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Highlights
|Conducting Authority||South Indian Bank|
|Post Name||Probationary Officer|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Stages of Exam||Online Exam and Group discussion/Interview|
South Indian Bank PO Exam 2020 Notification
The bank is yet to release the official PO exam notification. It is expected to be released soon if the previous year’s trend is followed.
South Indian Bank PO Exam 2020 - Important Dates
|Start of Online Application||May 2020 (Tentative)|
|Close of Online Application||May 2020 (Tentative)|
|Date of Online Test||June 2020 (Tentative)|
Note: These are tentative dates keeping in mind the previous year’s trend. Please refer to official notification to know the exact dates.
South Indian Bank PO Exam 2020 - Educational Qualifications
In order to apply for the South Indian Bank PO exam, you need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should not be more than 25 years of age (relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category)
- X/SSLC, XII/HSC and Graduation with a minimum 60% marks under regular course from a recognized University/Board. (In case CGPA is awarded, candidates must have CGPA score equal to or more than 60%).
South Indian Bank PO Exam 2020 – Fees
The application fee for the South Indian PO exam 2020 is Rs.800 for candidates belonging to the general category. For candidates from the SC/ST category, the application fee is Rs.200.
South Indian Bank PO Exam 2020 – Exam Pattern
The South Indian Bank PO exam comprises of two parts – Online test and group discussion/interview. The exam pattern of the online test is listed below:
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||40||50||40 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||50||20 minutes|
|English Language||40||50||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||40 minutes|
Note: There will negative marking for every wrong answer.
How to apply for South Indian Bank PO exam 2020
In order to apply for the exam, you will need to follow the process mentioned below:
- First, visit the official website of the bank.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ option.
- There you need to choose ‘Click here for New Registration’ and enter some basic details.
- After doing that click on the ‘Save & Next’ button to move forward.
- In the next page, upload the scanned passport-size photo, handwritten declaration, left thumb impression and signature as per the guidelines and click on ‘Next’.
- Enter the personal details like educational qualifications and experience.
- Once done, a preview of the application form will be displayed. You need to go through it and rectify the mistakes, if any.
- Next, you need to select an online payment method to submit the application fee
- Once the payment is made, click on ‘Submit’
Guidelines to Upload Documents
The scanned photo, handwritten declaration, left thumb impression, and signature will have to be within the listed below guidelines.
- Size should be between 20 KB and 50 KB.
- Dimensions should be 200 x 230 pixels.
- The passport size photo should be a coloured one.
Left Thumb Impression:
- Should be made on a white paper with black/blue ink.
- File size should be between 20 KB and 50 KB.
- Dimensions should be 240 x 240 pixels.
- Must be in jpg/jpeg format.
Hand - written Declaration
- It should not be written in capital letters.
- Should be only in English on a white paper with black/blue ink.
- Dimensions should be 800 x 400 pixels (10 cm x 5 cm)
- File size should be between 50 KB and 100 KB
- Text should be as follows ‘I, (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.’
- The signature should be on a white paper with black ink.
- It should not be in capital letters.
- File size should be between 10 KB and 20 KB.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I make the payment of the application fee using a credit card?
- I am 29 years old and belong to the ST category. Can I apply for the PO exam?
- What will be the probation period, if selected?
- What will be the language of the online test?
- What will be the selection criteria?
Yes, you can make the payment using a credit card.
If you fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by the bank, you can apply for the exam.
The probation period will be two years.
The language of the online test will be English.
The selection of probationary officers will be based on the consolidated marks obtained in the online test, group discussion and personal interview.