A job in the banking sector is one of the most sought-after jobs in the country. With banks recruiting every year, thousands of candidates apply in exams conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) and other banks.
In 2020, many public and private sector banks operating in the country are slated to advertise for a number of vacancies for the post of clerks, probationary officers, specialist officers, etc. Given this fact, here we look at how you can prepare for the examinations at home and be in a good stead to clear them. Read on to know more.
- Plan properly - The first thing that you need to do is plan. Having a proper plan is imperative as it ensures that no time is wasted. When drawing up the plan, you need to be aware of the exam pattern, syllabus, previous year’s cutoff etc. Knowing about these will help you in preparing well for the upcoming exams by focusing on those aspects which needs work.
- Make a timetable – Next, you need to set a timetable. Doing this will help you in managing your time fruitfully and cover a number of sections during the day. It must be noted here that in the exam you need to score cut-off marks in each section to be eligible for the job.
- Use online resources to learn – You should use as much online resources as possible. It will keep you updated with the recent happenings as well as enable you to master the tricks and methods used in solving the questions without wasting too much time on any questions.
- Go through the entire syllabus – Cover the entire syllabus when preparing for the exam. Doing this will ensure that you can easily solve any question that comes in the exam. As a variety of questions are posed in an exam, being prepared is imperative.
- Practice - Another important thing is to practice as much as possible. The more you practice the better you will get at solving the questions. You can try solving the questions from mock tests by setting a specific time. Doing this will ensure that you can keep a track of time and answer as many questions as possible during the exam.
- Revise thoroughly – Once you think that your preparation is done, revise thoroughly. Do not take it easy and keep working hard on each section. It will ensure that there is no complacency.
While a banking exam looks tough to crack, preparing well helps. The above-mentioned tips can be come in handy in cracking the exam and getting the job that you aspire for.