The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination to recruit clerical cadre for multiple public sector banks operating in the country. The autonomous body is set to conduct the exam again towards the end of 2021.
Here, we take a look at all the important things that you need to know like examination calendar, application process, exam pattern etc. Read on to know more.
IBPS Clerk Notification
The online registration for IBPS Clerk 2021 began on 7 October 2021. Candidates must complete the registration and pay the application fees by 27 October 2021.
IBPS Clerk Exam Calendar
Listed below is the tentative calendar of IBPS Clerk exam:
|IBPS Clerk 2020-21 (Tentative)|
|Release of IBPS Clerk Notification 2021||October 2021|
|Start of Online Application for IBPS Clerk exam 2021||7 October 2021|
|End of Online Application for IBPS Clerk exam 2021||27 October 2021|
|Download of call letters for IBPS Clerk Pre-Exam Training||November 2021|
|IBPS Clerk Online Pre-Exam Training Exam||November 2021|
|Download of call letters for IBPS Clerk Online Preliminary Exam||November/December 2021|
|Conduct of IBPS Clerk 2021 (Preliminary Exam)||December 2021|
|Result of IBPS Clerk 2021 Preliminary Exam||December 2021/January 2022|
|Download of Call letter for IBPS Clerk 2021 (Mains Exam)||December 2021/January 2022|
|Conduct of IBPS Clerk 2021 (Mains Exam)||January/February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result||April 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk Exam
To be eligible for the IBPS Clerk exam 2021, you need to fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Must be between 20 and 28 years as of 1 July 2021 (relaxation for reserved categories)
- Must be a graduate in any discipline
- Should have passed English as one of the subjects at SSC/HSC/Intermediate/graduation level
How to Apply for IBPS Clerk Exam
You can apply for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 online. The application process is listed below:
- Visit the official website of IBPS
- Click on ‘CRP Clerical’
- Select ‘Common Recruitment Process for Clerical Cadre X’
- Next, select ‘Click here to apply online for CRP – Clerks - X
- Fill in the form
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo, signature, left thumb impression and a handwritten declaration as per the specifications provided in the guidelines.
- Next, click on ‘Submit’
- On doing so, you will be redirected to a fee payment window
- Pay the fees using debit/credit card or through net banking
- Once the payment is successful, a registration ID will be generated which can be used for future reference
- Get a printout of the application form with all the provided details.
Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of documents
- The photo must be a recent coloured one taken preferably against a white background
- Dimensions should be 200 x 230 pixels
- File size should be between 20KB to 50KB
- Must be signed in Black ink
- Dimensions should be 140 x 60 pixels
- File size should be between 10KB and 20KB
- Must be in blue and black ink
- Dimensions should be 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI
- File size should be between 20KB and 50KB
- File type should be jpg or jpeg
- Must be written in English with black ink
- Dimensions should be 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI
- File size should be between 50KB and 100KB
- File type should be jpg or jpeg
IBPS Clerk Exam - Application Fee
The fee which needs to be paid while submitting the application form is listed in the table below:
|General and Others||Rs.850|
Note: Fees once paid will not be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The recruitment of clerical cadre is carried out through two phases. They are the preliminary exam and the Mains exam. Both the exams are conducted online.
The preliminary exam is conducted to screen potential candidates for the Mains exam. The pattern of the preliminary exam is listed below:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Name of the sections||
|Questions in each section||
The candidates who clear the preliminary exam are called for the Mains exam. The Mains exam comprises of four sections with a total of 190 questions. The duration of the exam is 160 minutes.
The total number of questions and marks allotted per section is listed in the table below:
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||50||45 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
Note: It must be noted that in both the preliminary and Mains exam there is a penalty for every wrong answer. One-fourth of the total mark allotted to the question is deducted as penalty.
How to Download the Admit Card for IBPS Clerk Exam
IBPS does not send the admit card via post. It needs to be downloaded from the official website of IBPS. Here is how you can download it. First, visit the official website and enter the registration number and password/date of birth.
FAQs on IBPS Clerk Exam
- Does IBPS conduct interviews for the recruitment of clerical cadre?
- I have a BTech degree, can I apply for the exam?
- Do I need to score cut off marks in each section of the IBPS Mains exam?
No, interviews are conducted. Selection of candidates is done based on the marks scored in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam.
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the exam.
Yes, you will need to score cut off marks in each section of the IBPS mains exam.