The IBPS clerk examination is an important one that is conducted every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). Usually, the application forms are released in the month of September every year and will be made available through the month of October. Aspiring candidates for the post of bank clerks are expected to submit a handwritten declaration along with their application form. The declaration is to the effect that all the details duly filled in the application form are true to the best of the candidate’s knowledge. This is an important part of the IBPS exams for clerical posts and should not be skipped. The declaration should be written in English.
Specifications for the IBPS handwritten declaration
Given below are the important specifications for the handwritten declaration which should be given due attention:
- The declaration is to be written only in English and no other local language
- It should be written on a piece of clean white paper
- It should be written with black ink
- It should be written by the applicant themselves
- The paper should be scanned into a jpeg or jpg format
- The file size should range between 50 kb and 100 kb
- The dimensions of the image should be in the range of 800 x 400 pixels
Please note that if the declaration is written in any other language, regional or otherwise, or found to be written by anyone other than the applicant themselves, it will be deemed to be an invalid declaration.
Sample Text for Handwritten Declaration of IBPS Clerk Exams
The following is the sample text to be given in the handwritten declaration of the IBPS clerk exams:
“I, _______ (candidate’s name), declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
Please note that there should be no change in this text.
Procedure to upload the IBPS handwritten declaration
Given below is the procedure to upload the handwritten declaration for the IBPS examination:
- There will be a separate link to upload the handwritten declaration which is different from that of the application form. This will be given to candidates.
- Click on the link
- Browse your computer or device to locate where you saved the file of your handwritten declaration
- Click on the file to select it
- Click on ‘'Open’' or ‘'Upload’'
- You can also preview the file before the step above in order to ensure that the image quality is good
Dates for IBPS Clerk Application Forms
Given below are the important dates for the IBPS Clerk application forms submissions:
September 2020: Application form is released
October 2020: Last date to apply
September to October 2020 : Dates for application fee payment
September to October 2020: Editing of application form
December 2020: Preliminary examinations, dates of which are 12, 13, and 19 December
January 2021: Main exam (24 January)
Why is the handwritten declaration for the IBPS clerk exam so important?
The handwritten declaration is important because it is supposed to be a guarantee that the information provided in the application form by the applicant is true and accurate.
Is the application form for the IBPS clerk exam also to be filled in by hand?
No, the application form is to be filled in online.
What is the mode of payment for the application fee for the IBPS clerk exam?
The application fee for the IBPS clerk exam can only be paid through online payment gateways.
What is the application fee for the IBPS clerk examination?
The application fee for the IBPS clerk exam is Rs.600 for OBC and general candidates and Rs.100 for SC, ST, and PWD category candidates.
What is the age limit for the IBPS clerk exams?
The age range for candidates is between 20 and 28 years, or born between 2 September 1991 and 1 September 1999.