ZED Certification scheme that supports Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to achieve Zero Defect and Zero Effect (ZED) manufacturing. It also provides ZED Assessment for certification which promotes manufacturing of world-class quality products. This scheme supports the ‘Make in India’ campaign. It is financed by the Government of India and falls under the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises.
Features & Benefits of ZED Certification
The features and benefits of the scheme are as given below:
- No participation fees are taken from the MSMEs.
- Financial assistance to attain the ZED certification.
- Industry awareness programs and workshops are conducted by the Ministry.
- Helps to develop an ecosystem for manufacturing that is Zero Defect
- Promotes energy efficient manufacturing processes
- Promotes the implementation of quality systems and tools
- Promotes constant upgradation in quality standards for processes and products
- Promotes manufacturing processes that have zero negative impact to the environment
- Encourages production that is Zero Defect
- Encourages certification in ZED manufacturing
ZED Certification Eligibility Criteria
All Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises that are registered with the Ministry of MSME, DIC (EM-II), or other government agencies or industry associations are eligible to apply for this scheme.
The subsidies provided by the government under this scheme are as follows:
- Micro enterprises: 80%
- Small enterprises: 60%
- Medium enterprises: 50%
- An additional subsidy of 5% is provided to MSMEs that are owned by women in the SC/ST category.
- An additional subsidy of 5% is provided to MSMEs located in northeast India and J&K.
Apart from this, the following subsidies are also available for different services:
|Type of Service||Percentage of Subsidy|
|Micro Enterprises||Small Enterprises||Medium Enterprises|
|Certification fee by Rating/Assessment by empaneled credit rating agencies||80%||60%||50%|
|Defence ZED by credit rating empaneled agencies||80%||60%||50%|
|Consultancy and Gap Analysis by QCI/NPC, MSME-TC, BEE, etc.||80%||60%||50%|
|Re-Rating, Re-Assessment by Credit Rating Agencies||80%||60%||50%|
ZED Registration Process
The application form can be downloaded from the ZED online portal.
The process for registration for the scheme is as follows:
- Registration is free on the online portal of ZED using a valid mobile number and email address
- There will be an online assessment for ZED parameters
- This is followed by the Desktop Assessment
- If selected, there will be a Site Assessment next
- MSMes that are rated can opt to consult with an authorised ZED consultant for the hand-holding and gap analysis