The Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana is a scheme which provides financial support to villages having more than 50% of scheduled caste residents. Under this scheme, the government carries out many plans for the growth and development of the villages.
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana is a rural growth program which was started by Indian Central government. This program is to ensure the growth of villages with an elevated ratio of people of scheduled castes by union of central and state schemes and allocating monetary support for the villages.
Features & benefits of PMAGY
The features of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana are as follows:
- This scheme carries a number of growth plans for the villages.
- The plans under this scheme are Bharat Nirman, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana to ensure that villages have good roads, water delivery, accommodation, electrification, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA), ICDS, hygiene, etc.
- Villages that have more than 50% of the scheduled castes inhabitants’ will be eligible for this program.
- The schemes target is to make a model village that is self-sufficient and meeting the minimum requirements of every public sector.
- This scheme offers facility that is required for a grand livelihood.
Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
The main target of this scheme is to integrate growth of the chosen villages and to make them self-sufficient.
Another aim is to remove the difference between the schedule caste and other society. This can be done by increasing the literacy rate and offering basic education, controlling child and maternal death rate, etc.
To ensure that this is done, there has been a committee set which has a Deputy Chief Minister and a Navigation commission with Chief as the Chief Secretary.
Funding of Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
The Centre has given Rs.55.54 crore to State of Assam, Bihar and Rajasthan. The scheme was executed in villages in Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu. Every village gets Rs.10 lakh each year to ensure that the objectives of this scheme are met.