The Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana is a flagship scheme launched on 25 October 2019 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh for families with girl child/children. Under the scheme, every family where a girl child is born will receive Rs.15,000 and to get the benefit, the parents must take proper care of the child concerning her education and health.
How to Apply for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
You can apply for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana online by following the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of the scheme at https://mksy.up.gov.in/women_welfare/citizen/guest_login.php and click on the ‘Quick Links’ section.
- Under the ‘Citizen Services Portal’ tab, you will find the ‘Apply Here’ button. Click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new page which will ask you to register yourself.
- Once you register, you will need to tick the ‘I Agree’ button and hit on ‘Continue’.
- You will be asked to fill up some details after which you will need to click on the ‘Send SMS OTP’ along with the captcha provided.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number to complete the registration.
- Once you are registered successfully, you will be asked to log in by entering your username and password.
- An online registration form of the scheme will be available to you after you login.
- Your online application for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana will be complete after you have filled up the registration form with the requested details and uploaded the relevant documents.
Features of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- The amount under the scheme will be released in various phases when the girl child reaches certain milestones such as birth, vaccination, admission to grades 1,5, 9, and graduation.
- Only girl children born after 1 April 2019 are eligible to receive the full amount.
- Girl children born before 1 April 2019 are also eligible to avail benefits under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana, but they will receive only a portion of the fund. For such children, the date will be used as a cut-off to determine other levels.
- The amount will be transferred directly to the beneficiary’s account.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana - Level of Implementation
|First Class||Rs.2,000||Newborn girl child born on or after 1 April 2019|
|Second Class||Rs.1,000||Girl child who have been fully vaccinated before 1 year and not born before 1 April 2019|
|Third Grade||Rs.2,000||Girls admitted to first class during the present academic session|
|Fourth Class||Rs.2,000||Girls admitted to sixth grade during the present academic session|
|Fifth Category||Rs.3,000||Girls admitted to ninth class during the present academic session|
|Seventh Grade||Rs.5,000||Girls who have passed 10th and 12th class and have been admitted to Bachelor’s degree or 2-year diploma during the present academic session|
Eligibility Criteria for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- The yearly income of the beneficiary’s family should not be more than Rs.3 lakh.
- The family of the beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh and has a certificate to show the same.
- The family should not have more than 2 children.
- The scheme will be available only to 2 girl children in a family.
- Any adopted girl child will also be allowed benefits under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
- Third girl child from the second delivery of twins will also be eligible to avail benefits under the scheme.
Documents Required for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The following documents will need to be furnished while applying for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana:
- Ration card bearing the name of the girl child.
- Certificate of the family’s annual income (self-certified).
- Most recent photograph of the girl child.
- Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport of the parents/guardian/girl child.
- Bank passbook.
- Adoption certificate (if applicable).