The IREDA NCEF Refinance Scheme was launched by the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) with support from the National Clean Energy Fund (NCEF). The motive of the scheme is to revive the operations of the existing biomass power and small hydro power projects by cutting down the cost for the projects by providing refinance with funds sourced from NCEF.
IREDA NCEF Refinance Scheme Eligibility
To avail refinance under the scheme, the below eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- Should have been making profit for the last 3 (three) years.
- Should not have accumulated losses.
- Should be viability affected in terms of tariff, abnormal fuel cost escalation issues and force majeure conditions
- Gross Non-Performing Assets as a percentage of Gross Advances should not exceed five percent for the entire portfolio.
- Capital Adequacy Ratio should be in conformity with the prescribed regulatory norms.
- Operational grid connected power generation projects should have an installed capacity of 10MW when it comes to combustion-based Biomass power projects. For Small Hydro power the installed capacity should be up to 5 MW.
- The project should be revived after the utilization of NCEF refinance loan
- Projects should have been commissioned between 1 April 2003 and 31 March 2013.
- Plants should have an operational history of at least 2 years after the commissioning of the project. The 2-year average PLF should be at least 20% in the case of Biomass Power projects and 15% when it comes to Small Hydro Power (SHP) Projects.
- The project should be revived within 6 months after the approval of the refinance loan.
- The project should have a minimum DSCR average of 1.1 after considering IREDA refinance amount.
Required Documents for IREDA NCEF Refinance Scheme
In order to seek refinance from IREDA, scheduled commercial banks or financial institutions need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of the resolution passed by the Board of Directors or any other committee appointed for the purpose or a specific authorization from its competent authority to avail refinance
- Specimen signature of the officials
- Agreement for availing refinance from IREDA under the IREDA NCEF Refinance scheme
Interest rate for IREDA NCEF Refinance Scheme
The rate of interest on the refinance from IREDA is 2% per annum.
The repayment tenure for the refinance amount should be co-terminus with the repayment period of banks or financial institutions. The maximum repayment period shall be 10 years apart from 6 months of grace period from the date of release of the refinance amount.
Payment of Interest
The interest shall be payable from the date of the cheque or date of debit of the amount to the account of IREDA by NCEF. Interest will be calculated on a daily basis and charged at quarterly rests. When it comes to calculation of interest, a year will be considered as 365 days irrespective of whether the year is a leap year (i.e. 2020). The due date for payment of interest shall be the last date of each calendar quarter. For delayed payments, an interest of 12% per annum shall be levied on the amount in default in addition to the applicable interest.
FAQ's On IREDA NCEF Refinance Scheme
- How will the refinance amount be released?
- Are Working Capital Limits or loans eligible under the scheme?
- What is the maximum and minimum refinance amount for a project under the scheme?
- Can projects which have availed One Time Settlement (OTS) avail the scheme?
- Is the option of installment prepayment available?
It shall be released by way of cheque or by credit using RTGS or otherwise to the bank account of the borrowing institution.
No, they are not eligible under the scheme.
A maximum of 15 crore and a minimum of Rs.1.5 crore can be availed for a project under the scheme.
No, such projects can’t avail the scheme.
Yes, the option of installment prepayment is available. In case repayment of an installment is made before the due date, the credit will be provided on the due date.