The Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of SMEs through Incubators scheme is under the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises of the Government of India. It aims to support innovators and facilitate funding for business incubators.
Features & Benefits of Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development
- Funding will be provided to set up Business Incubators (BI) with a maximum limit of Rs.62.5 lakh per BI
- Approximately 10 business concepts will be incubated in the BI
- Promotes networking and associations with other innovators
- Encourages commercialisation of business developments
- Encourages technology entrepreneurship
- Connects innovators with professionals for support of business ideas
- Promotes the growth of emerging knowledge and technology-based ventures
Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development Eligibility
The following individuals or entities are eligible for this scheme:
- A technical institution that aims to become a host institution can apply for funding support to the MSME-DI or MSME-Development Commissioner for support for funding
- An MSME or individual with an innovative business idea can apply for funding support to the host institution which can be research institutes, technical colleges, NITS, IITs, etc.
Technical institutions can apply after an Expression of Interest (EoI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) has been released.
MSMEs or individuals can apply to the nearest host institution.