Following demonetization, the government has been trying to encourage people to embrace cashless transactions. However, since it is still not a popular practice in India, the NITI Aayog or National Institution for Transforming India, has devised a way to provide the right incentives to the people in order to encourage digital transactions.
For this, the NITI Aayog has announced that it will be introducing a lottery system where digital payment makers are eligible to earn prizes on a daily and weekly basis. The rewards being offered are quite substantial and the offer is open not only to consumers but also merchants. One of the schemes which the NITI Aayog has announced these rewards under is the Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (DDV) which is specially meant for merchants.
Features of Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana
- The Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana is meant for merchants who can take part in the daily and weekly lottery.
- Merchants will be eligible to participate in this yojana when they carry out transactions between the range of Rs. 50 and up to Rs 3,000.
- The focus group for the Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana is mainly small businesses.
- The DDV scheme has been implemented by NPCI or the National Payments Corporation of India.
- Transactions made via UPI (Unified Payments Interface), USSD, AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System) and RuPay cards will be eligible for participation nder this scheme.
- Digital transactions done using personal debit cards, credit cards, e-wallets (Paytm, Freecharge, Mobikwik, etc.) will not be eligible for participation in the draw.
- The first draw date under the scheme was on Dec 25, 2016.
- The mega draw date under this scheme is going to be on April 14, 2017.
Digi Dhan Yojana Awards (Weekly Draw)
The total number of 3 prizes will be given out under this scheme. The method by which the draw will be performed is random selection using transaction IDs. The prize money amounts under the first, second and third prize are Rs. 50 lakhs, Rs. 25 lakhs and Rs. 5 lakhs respectively.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.