All individuals who hold policies with the Life Insurance Corporation of India are eligible to register for the company’s e-Services for free of cost. Individuals, however, will only be allowed to register for the policies they have purchased in their own name or in the name of their minor children. Once the children acquire 18 years of age, unique user IDs will have to be created if they wish to continue availing the e-services for the policies taken in their name. Married couples will not be allowed to register in the same account and will have to register their policies individually.
If you are a customer of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India, you must register yourself as one by visiting the official website of LIC to receive the benefits of your life insurance policy. The process is extremely user friendly and hasslefree in nature.
Benefits of LIC Registration:
LIC e-services is the repository services offered by Life Insurance Corporation of India. This latest initiative from the company offers a number of facilities to customers who choose to avail these services. Customers who avail the e-services from LIC can make the most of the following online facilities:
- Claim status
- Online payment
- Assignment and nominee status
- Policy status
- Revival quotations
- Proposal and policy images
- Benefit illustration
- Complaint registration
- Loan status
- Policy conditions and other features
Customers who register for e-services will be able to make inquiries regarding their policies online, thereby saving time and effort which would otherwise be spent on travelling to a branch of the company.
Step-By-Step Process of LIC Online Registration:
All existing policyholders with the Life Insurance Corporation of India can avail e-services from the company. The following is a step-by-step procedure to register for LIC e-services:
1. Visit the LIC website (www.licindia.in)
2. Locate the ‘Online Services’ box on the left hand side of the page and click on ‘Customer Portal’.
3. You will be re-directed to the ‘LIC e-Services’ page where you will have to click on ‘Registration for e-Services’ under the ‘Functionalities Offered’ section.
4. There will be two blocks – one which says ‘Registered User’, and the other that says ‘New User’.
5. Select ‘New User’ and enter the details requested thereafter. The details that must be entered include any one of your LIC policies, the policy number of said policy, the date of birth of the individual as mentioned in the policy document, and the instalment premium. The individual’s Email ID and mobile number must also be provided here before checking the box which says, ‘I confirm that the mobile number mentioned above is registered under my name and is being used by me’.
6. Hit ‘Proceed’ after entering the required information.
7. A User ID and Password must then be selected based on the terms and conditions of the website. This user ID and password will be your login credentials for the LIC portal.
8. A welcome mail will be sent to your registered email ID, confirming your registration for LIC’s e-services.
9. To login to the website, click on ‘LIC’s e-services’ and select ‘Registered User’ before entering your user ID and password.
10. Once you have logged in to the portal, you will be able to access a variety of services such as Basic Services, e-Services, and Premier Services.
Customers who register for LIC’s e-services will be able to add all of their policies to the portal later on by simply clicking on the ‘Enroll Policies’ option which can be found under the ‘e-Services tool’ tab.
Registering for LIC e-Services by Visiting a Branch of the Company:
Customers who are purchasing a new policy from the Life Insurance Corporation of India and have already registered themselves on the company’s online portal can register their policies directly under LIC’s e-services. The customer will just have to mention a policy number of one of the policies in their name and then give their consent for LIC’s e-service in proposal form or addendum provided by the company. The policy document will be issued to the customer immediately and pictures of the proposal form will also be made available on the online portal.