The New Shri Raksha Plan is a non-linked participating plan offered by Shriram Life Insurance. The said plan offers double insurance cover, maturity benefits and whole life insurance cover after the policy term among others.
Eligibility Conditions for New Shri Raksha Plan
|Minimum entry age||18 years|
|Maximum entry age||55 years|
|Minimum age at maturity|
|Maximum age at maturity||75 years|
Key Features of New Shri Raksha Plan
|Plan type||Non-linked participating plan|
Limited Pay - 15, 20 and 25 years
Regular Pay - 10, 15, 20 and 25 years
|Premium paying terms||
|Premium payment frequency||Yearly, Half Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly|
30 days (through distance marketing)
|Grace period||30 days from the due date of premium payment|
|Loan facility||Available under this plan|
|Alterations||Reduction in sum assured and change in premium payment mode are allowed under this plan|
|Nomination||Available under this plan|
|Minimum Sum Assured||Rs.1,50,000|
|Maximum Sum Assured||Maximum limit is subject to underwriting considerations|
|Policy coverage||Maturity benefit and death benefit|
Benefits/Advantages of New Shri Raksha Plan
Sum assured on death: Higher of the following:
- Twice the sum assured (basic)
- 10X annual premium (under 45 years) and 7X annual premium (45 years and above)
- Maturity benefit: If the life assured survives till the end of the policy term, the maturity benefit payable will be sum assured, terminal bonus and accrued reversionary bonuses
- Extended Benefit: If the life assured survives the policy term, the coverage continues till he or she turns 100. In case the life insured survives till 100 years, basic sum assured is payable.
- Death benefit: If the life assured dies within the policy term, the death benefit payable to the nominee includes sum assured on death, terminal bonus and accrued reversionary bonuses, provided all premiums are paid. The death benefit paid will be 105% of premiums paid sans taxes and rider premiums. No future bonuses will be accrued after death of the policyholder
- Tax benefits: This plan provides tax benefits* on the premiums paid and death/maturity benefits under sections 80C and 10(10D) respectively
* Tax laws are subject to change
- Reversionary Bonus and terminal bonus are paid, subject to conditions
- Rebates: This plan offers attractive rebates on sum assured as listed in the table below:
|Rs.5 lakh to 9.99 lakh||3% of premium|
|Rs.10 lakh and above||4% of premium|
How the New Shri Raksha Plan works
If you buy the New Shri Raksha plan for 20 years and survive till the end of the policy term, you will receive sum assured, terminal bonus (if any) and accrued reversionary bonuses, subject to payment of all premiums. In the event of your unfortunate demise within the policy term, your nominee will receive the death benefit (sum assured plus terminal bonus and accrued reversionary bonus). In case you outlive your policy term, you can still enjoy the coverage provided by the policy until you attain 100 years. This Shriram Life plan offers tax benefits on the premium paid and maturity benefit. You can also avail of the loan facility under this plan, if need be.
Under this plan, premiums can be paid in yearly, half yearly, quarterly and monthly modes. In policies where premiums are paid in modes other than on an annual basis, the instalment premium is annual premium X modal factor as listed in the table below:
Premiums do not include education cess and service tax. The premium rates under this policy are based on the policy term, premium payment term, sum assured and age of the life insured.
The New Shri Raksha Plan offers various riders, namely, accident benefit rider, family benefit income, critical illness cover and extra insurance cover.