The Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy is one of the many products offered by the New India Assurance Company Limited to provide coverage to senior citizens in times of trouble. This policy covers hospitalisation expenses including pre as well as post hospitalisation costs for senior citizens. Individuals are covered against Unani, homeopathic and ayurvedic treatment too. An extra benefit of this plan is that it offers cover for pre-existing conditions such as diabetes mellitus and hypertension for an extra 10% premium payment.
Eligibility Criteria for Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy:
The Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy from New India Assurance Company Limited can be availed by senior citizens who reside in India. The age of the applicants must be 60 to 80 years, and customers who renew their policy without a break can avail benefits of the cover until they are 90 years of age. Before taking out the policy, the customer should undergo a prescribed pre-acceptance health check to detect pre-existing diseases. The check-up will be at the cost of the customer.
Features and Benefits:
The New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy provides cover for the following:
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses for 30 days at most
- Post-hospitalisation expenses for a maximum of 60 days
- Hospitalisation expenses borne for treating injuries / illnesses
- Ambulance charges.
- Cover is limited if the customer is hospitalised in a registered homeopathic / ayurvedic and Unani hospitals and/or government hospitals
- Cover for pre-existing diseases can be availed only if the customer has continued the policy for at least 18 years with the company
- Pre-existing illnesses such as diabetes mellitus and the problems associated with it, and hypertension, etc. will be covered after the policy has continued for a minimum of 18 months provided that the customer has also paid additional premium
- The sum assured can be either Rs.1 lac and/or Rs.1.5 lacs depending upon the preference of the customer
- In case the sum assured is Rs.1 lac, the premium applicable for customers between 60 and 65 years of age is Rs.3850, Rs.4250 for customers between 66 and 70 years of age, and Rs.4700 for customers between 71 and 75 years of age
- In case the sum assured is Rs.1.5 lacs, the premium for customers between 60 and 65 years of age is Rs.5720, Rs.6310 for customers between 66 and 70 years of age, and Rs.6980 for customers aged between 71 and 75 years.
- Once the customer completes four claims-free years, the cost of the prescribed pre-acceptance health check will be reimbursed
- Income tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- Dental treatment excluding treatment due to accident
- Illnesses contracted within 30 days of taking out the policy
- General run down and debility conditions
- Cosmetic surgery
- HIV (AIDS) and sexually transmitted diseases
- Inoculation and vaccination
- Nuclear weapon, act of foreign enemy, war and ionising radiation
- Child birth and pregnancy
How to claim?
TPA (Third Party Administrator) administers claims and they are paid either as reimbursement or directly to the hospital when the insured requests the same.
*** Please read the policy document for detailed information on the plan. The above-mentioned information is indicative only.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: New India Assurance Network Hospitals
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans of 2017
Other Health Insurance Plans from New India Assurance:
- New India Floater Mediclaim Policy
- New India Asha Kiran Policy
- Mediclaim 2012 Policy
- Mediclaim 2007 Policy
- Family Floater Mediclaim Policy
- Janata Mediclaim Policy
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.