The United India Senior Citizen policy is one of senior health insurance policies offered by United India Assurance Company. Few day care procedures are also covered by the policy. The health insurance policy covers hospitalization expenses (both pre and post hospitalization), ICU expenses, expenses pertaining to surgery, consultation and nursing etc. The policy provides a family discount of 5% and it comes with a free-look period of 15 days.
United India Senior Citizen Policy Eligibility Criteria:
The minimum age of the customers applying for a United India Senior Citizen policy is 61 years, and the maximum is 80 years. Any insured individual who is older than 80 years will be covered under the policy but only if the policy is renewed without any break. The minimum age of children who can be covered under the policy is three months and the maximum is 18 years. The only condition for children within this age gap is that either or both of their parents must be covered concurrently. The minimum sum assured under this policy is Rs.1 lakhs and the maximum is Rs.3 lakhs but deposits can only be made in multiples of Rs.50,000.
Features and Benefits of Senior Citizen Plan:
The Senior Citizen policy offers cover for the following reasons:
- Hospitalisation expenses including nursing, boarding and room services subject to a maximum of 1% of the sum assured or actual, whichever is lower.
- Expenses related to surgeon, medical practitioner, specialist, anaesthetist, consultants fees
- ICU expenses subject to a maximum of 2% of the sum assured or actual, whichever is lower
- Expenses related to blood, operation theatre charges, drugs and medicines, radiotherapy, oxygen, anaesthetic, surgical appliances, dialysis, cost of prosthetic devices used during surgical procedures such as infra cardiac valve replacements, pacemaker, vascular stents, orthopaedic implants, diagnostic / laboratory tests, chemotherapy, x-ray and related expenses.
- In case the assured individual chooses a room with rent higher than that of the authorised category, the coverage provided will be subject to a maximum of the fees applicable to the authorised category only.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses before up to 30 days from the date on which the patient was admitted in the hospital.
- Post-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days from the date on which the patient was discharged, subject to 10% of the sum assured or actual expenses, whichever is lower.
- Expenses for hysterectomy, cataract and hernia will be covered up to 25% of the sum assured or actual expenses, whichever is lower.
- Expenses for surgeries / major illnesses will be covered up to 70% of sum assured or actual expenses, whichever is lower.
- Expenses for day care treatment will be covered only if hospitalisation lasts for under 24 hours.
- Expenses for treatments in hospitals or institutes recognised by the government and/or recognised by National Accreditation Board on Health / Quality Council of India.
- Expenses incurred at cashless facilities across Pan India.
- A 5% family discount can be availed on the overall premium provided that the policy is taken for self plus one or more family members such as dependent children or spouse.
- A 15-day free look period is applicable from the time the policy commences.
- Complimentary medical check-up once at the end of every three underwriting years subject to the provision of zero claims during the block. Also, the policy must be renewed without any break.
- Income tax benefits can be availed if the premium is paid for dependent parents, dependent children, spouse and self.
- Pre-existing illnesses can only be covered after the policy has been used for a minimum of 48 months
- Any illness / disease incurred during the initial 30 days since the policy commences
- Inoculation and vaccination of any sort unless it is treatment for post-animal bite
- A two to four year waiting period for particular specified treatment / illness
- Run down and general debility conditions
- Plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, circumcision
- Psychosomatic and psychiatric disorders
- Injuries resulting from alcohol / drug abuse
- Pregnancy and related ailments
- Act of ionising radiation, foreign enemy, nuclear weapon and war
- Unproven or experimental treatment
- Dental treatments
- All external equipment
*** Please read the policy document before purchasing the plan. The information stated above is indicative only.
Other Health Insurance Plans from United India:
- United India Insurance Family Medicare Policy
- United India Insurance Family Medicare 2014 Policy
- United India Insurance Gold Policy
- United India Insurance Individual Mediclaim Policy
- United India Insurance Platinum Policy
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.