Due to rapid industrialization and its consequent modernization, Gurgaon is on its way to become a premier financial city in India. But, as mordant as it sounds, life insurance is a necessity in today’s world with decreasing life spans and increasing complexities at workplaces and life risks for the common man.
Grappling with rising crime rates and highway accidents, life insurance is no longer a choice or a means to save tax to the Gurgaon residents, but a necessary step. The city’s location in the National Capital Region is a boon to the insurance industry in India, with companies offering a host of policies, customized to meet the varying needs across all sections of the society.
An insurance policy is no more a mere means to evade taxes but an option to secure one's life and future as well as that of his/her near and dear ones.
Top 8 Life insurance Companies in Gurgaon
In India, 24 life insurance companies operate across the country with their diversified pan-India network. Offering a range of life insurance policies under categories such as Savings, Retirement, Protection, Group, Child, Health & Rural scheme. Gurgaon is home to headquarters of 4 insurance companies viz., Max Life Insurance Co Ltd, Aviva Life Insurance Company India Ltd, Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company Ltd, and DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
Being a part of the NCR, every life insurance company in India has a strong presence in Gurgaon. The top insurance providers with a strong presence in Gurgaon are:
- Aviva Life Insurance - Aviva Life Insurance, a conglomeration of UK-based Aviva and Indian major Dabur, is headquartered in Gurgaon and started Indian operations in 2002. With an overall life insurance premium collection of more than Rs.1800 cr. Aviva is also among the top 10 insurance firms in the country. Aviva has 3 branches in Gurgaon and multiple branches in every state.
- Max Life Insurance - Catering to a clientele of over 3 million, Max Life Insurance offers all-inclusive and long-term life insurance and retirement plans. It is a conglomeration of Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co Ltd and Max India Ltd, and is the fourth largest insurance firm in India in terms of revenue and premium collection. It operates 3 offices in Gurgaon.
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance - Since this company’s headquarters are in Delhi, the Gurgaon branch serves as a point of communication for the entire state of Haryana as well as South Delhi. With 7000 contact points and 28 centers across the country, Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance is one of the premier companies of its kind, catering to more than 60 million people. Owing to the strong presence of the respective banks that form this company i.e. the many branches they have across the region, residents in Gurgaon can find an office almost anywhere in the city.
- DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance - DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance has branches across 65 locations in India with its headquarters in Gurgaon. Quick-paced and futuristic, DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Co. Ltd. presents customers with financial security for life through plans such as Protection Plans, Child Progress Plans and Savings Plans.
- LIC is a government controlled firm operating throughout the country. It is also the largest insurance company in India accounting for more than two-thirds of the industry’s overall revenue. LIC is represented by 3 offices in the city.
- ICICI Prudential is the largest private sector insurance firm in India. ICICI Pru has a strong presence across the country and the largest customer-base among private firms. There are 2 offices of ICICI Pru in Gurgaon.
- The fourth largest in terms of premium collection in India, HDFC Ergo is another great option for residents of Gurgaon. It has an exclusive branch in the city, and is known for its customized insurance policies as well as interest rates.
- SBI Life is the second largest public sector insurance firm in the country. This highly awarded insurance firm has an office in the city. Also, online plans from this provider are easily available and SBI has a healthy support staff to assist customers efficiently..
Other Notable Firms in Gurgaon
Besides these firms, Gurgaon is home to 2 branches of Birla Sun Life, Bharti AXA Life, & Aegon Religare Life, among others. Kotak Mahindra Life, Reliance Life, and IDBI Federal Life also have presence in Gurgaon.
Buying Insurance at Bankbazaar
Evidently each life insurance company has its own premium rates and customers can contact the office directly, go through their user-friendly online portals or request the service of an agent to decide on an insurance policy that suits their requirements.
However, at BankBazaar, users need not visit websites of individual companies in order to learn about different products on offer and make tedious comparisons. Here, users can check rates, compare policies, and apply for insurance through a single window. Expert guidance allows anyone with even the most basic requirements to find out which plans they are eligible for, receive quotes on these plans immediately and buy these policies in quick, easy steps.
- Term Insurance Plans
- Endowment Plans
- ULIP Plans
- Money Back Policy
- Whole Life Insurance Plans
- Pension Plans
- Life Insurance for Child
- Family Life Insurance Plans
- Group Life Insurance Policies
- Top 10 Life Insurance Plans in India 2015
- How to Calculate Life Insurance Premium
- Life Insurance Policy for NRI
- Life Insurance for 1 Crore
- Life Insurance for Couples
- Life Insurance for Senior Citizens
- Top 10 Life Insurance Plans 2016
- Life Insurance for Tax Benefits