PayMaya is a first of a kind online payment app that allows users to shop online, send money, book flight tickets, buy games, tickets, pay bills and even stream music. PayMaya is basically a mobile app through which a user will be given a virtual prepaid card. For those who prefer a physical card, the same will be issued. To use the service, customers will have to load up their PayMaya card. The app is available on both iOS and Android platforms.
Table of Contents
How to Use PayMaya
- Step 1: Download the app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Step 2: Launch the app and start the registration process by entering your name, mobile number and email ID
- Step 3: Set up a password and proceed to carry out an SMS-based verification
- Step 4: Key in the verification number and click ‘View Card’
- Step 5: Enter your residential address and your date of birth
- Step 6: A confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number
How to Load up PayMaya
You can load your wallet at Department Stores by following this process:
- Step 1: Have your mobile number in hand and an ID proof
- Step 2: Ask for the transaction slip and fill the same
- Step 3: Submit the transaction slip, money and valid ID proof at the cash counter
- Step 4: You will receive an SMS confirmation on your registered mobile number
Through Mobile Banking/BDO Online:
- Step 1: Log in to internet banking
- Step 2: Choose ‘Financial Services’ > ‘Bill Payment’ > ‘Pay Bills’
- Step 3: Click on PayMaya under the ‘Pay this Company/Biller’ option
- Step 4: Enter mobile number under the subscriber number option, key in name and click ‘Submit’
- Step 5: A confirmation message will be received
- Step 1: Go to a Touch Pay kiosk, go to E-Money and choose ‘PayMaya’
- Step 2: Key in mobile number and amount you want to load up
- Step 3: Insert money and collect your receipt
- Step 4: You will receive a SMS-based confirmation
Union Bank ATM:
- Step 1: Visit the ATM and click on ‘Union Bank Bills Payment’
- Step 2: Choose account and biller name
- Step 3: Key in reference number and amount you want to load up
- Step 4: Collect your transaction receipt
How to load up PayMaya wallet using smart money:
Step 1: Choose the ‘Smart Money’ option and select others under the transfers option
Step 2: Key in 8877 and your mobile number
Step 3: Proceed to key in your transaction amount, pin and then click ‘Send’
Check IFSC Code for Top Banks:
|State Bank of India IFSC Code||HDFC Bank IFSC Code||Indian Bank IFSC Code|
|Axis bank IFSC Code||Canara bank IFSC Code||ICICI Bank IFSC Code|
How to Send Money using PayMaya via Messenger:
- Step 1: Open the PayMaya chatbox, go to the ‘Menu’ option and click on ‘My Money’
- Step 2: If you have a PayMaya account, proceed to click ‘Link an Account’.
- Step 3: Now, enter your mobile number/email or password
- Step 4: You can send money to all contacts you are connected with through ‘Messenger’ by selecting the contact, keying in the amount and entering your password
Features and Benefits of PayMaya
- Split bills easily when you go out with friends
- Send money from anywhere and at anytime
- Avail a range of exclusive benefits at restaurants, etc
- Purchase concert tickets, movie tickets and book flights
- Shop online
- Pay bills
- Get gaming credits
FAQs of PayMaya
Is it possible to have more than one PayMaya account?
Ans: No. A user can only have one PayMaya account.
What is the minimum age requirement to use PayMaya?
Ans: It is recommended that the minimum age of the user be 12, ideally.
How to I know my PayMaya balance?
Ans: The balance will be displayed on the home screen of your app as soon as you see it. The other way to know balance is to send a text message in the format ‘BAL’ to 292907969.
What is authorisation/validation method?
Ans: Some apps check if your PayMaya account is valid before any transactions are processed. In order to do this, you will be charged a nominal fee that will be refunded back.
Where can I use this app and for what can I use this app?
Ans: The app can be used to shop online and pay at retail outlets where VISA credit/debit cards are accepted.
What is a Smart Mastercard Physical Card?
Ans: This is a type of card that can be used to pay at various stores and outlets, restaurants and online, among others. The card can also be used for cash withdrawal.
How do you link the app to the physical card?
Ans: Open the app and go to the ‘My Cards’ section and click on ‘link card’.
What are the features in the upgraded app?
Ans: In the upgraded version of the app, you will have the facility to send money and also withdraw money from ATMs.
How can I upgrade my PayMaya account?
Ans: Open the app, and click on ‘More’. Now proceed to choose ‘Upgrade for Free’.
Should I pay a fee for upgrading my account?
Ans: No. It is a completely free process.
Other IFSC Related Article
|NEFT Timing||Digital Wallet||Mobile Wallet|
|SBI UPI||Bank IFSC Code|
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.