All credit card IFSC codes are primarily used to pay the monthly outstanding bills using electronic fund transfer methods such as National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT). The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is responsible for assigning this key to all banks. Indian Financial System Code, also known as IFSC, constitutes 11 unique characters, both numericals and alphabets. The American Express or Amex credit card IFSC code is SCBL0036020. The main advantage of this method of paying bills is that it is quick, fast and you need not have a savings bank account with the credit card issuing bank.
As of now Amex credit card bill payments in India are processed by Standard Chartered Bank. So, those who have an account with the bank need not use the IFSC code to process payments. Standard Chartered account holders can choose the option to transfer funds to another SCB bank account for credit card bill payments.
Table of Contents
How to Check Amex Credit Card IFSC Code
Log on to the American Express website to look for the specific IFSC code that is used for bill payment. This can be found here https://www.americanexpress.com/india/customerservice/payment-faq.html
- The other option is to look it up online on different web platforms and financial websites.
- The credit card IFSC code can also be found by paying a visit to the bank branch.
- The unique code will be printed on the credit card related brochure and documents that have been issued to the customer at the time of opening a bank account.
Check IFSC Code for Top Banks:
|State Bank of India IFSC Code||HDFC Bank IFSC Code||Indian Bank IFSC Code|
|Axis bank IFSC Code||Canara bank IFSC Code||ICICI Bank IFSC Code|
How to Pay Credit Card Bill using IFSC Code
There is no need to go through the whole cumbersome process involved in making credit card bill payments. All bill settlements can be made using NEFT, after registering the card as a beneficiary. Listed below is the step-by-step process involved in paying bills through National Electronic Funds Transfer:
- Log in to your bank’s net banking facility by providing your credentials
- Register the credit card as a beneficiary
- Go to the funds transfer option, choose NEFT
To register the credit card as a beneficiary, take a look at the details below:
- Name of beneficiary/payee: American Express
- Account number: The 16-digit credit card number
- IFSC Code: SCBL0036020
Uses & Benefits of Amex Credit Card IFSC Code
- Non savings bank account holders will also be able to pay bills using this method.
- Faster process.
- Bills can be paid towards any credit card using any savings account.
- Eliminates the chances of error.
- Safe and reliable method.
FAQs of Amex Credit Card IFSC Code
1. What is the time duration for funds to be credited into the credit card account?
In case of American Express, if the payment process has been initiated before 4.00 p.m., the payment will be credited the next day.
2. Can an account holder initiate NEFT payments transactions on holidays and weekends?
Transactions for the payment of credit card bill can be initiated at any time and any day. However, the settlement process will only happen in certain batches within a cut-off period.
3. Is IFSC a must for credit card payment through NEFT?
Yes, this code is mandatory.
4. What happens if an incorrect IFSC code is keyed in?
In such an instance, it is best for the remitter to contact the customer care centre.
5. What is NEFT?
NEFT is a type of electronic fund transfer process through which funds can be sent from one bank account to another.
Other IFSC Related Article
|NEFT Timing||Digital Wallet||Mobile Wallet|
|SBI UPI||Bank IFSC Code|
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.