The Premier Protection Plan from Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance, is designed to give you and your loved ones financial stability and security against life’s uncertainties. You can enjoy a lot of benefits such as death benefits, revival benefits, tax benefits and rebates by purchasing this plan. The plan is available at affordable costs and it offers additional riders as well.
Eligibility for Premier Protection Plan
- At entry age of any individual who would like to take up this plan, should be at the minimum age of 18 years, and up to the age of 60 years.
- The maturity of the policy is a maximum age of 70 years.
The main features of this plan are:
- The Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance plan provides you and your family with insurance coverage to for all of life’s uncertainties. The minimum premium for this plan is an amount of Rs. 500, if paid monthly, and Rs. 2,500 if paid half-yearly, and an amount of Rs. 5,000 if paid yearly.
- You have the option to make premium payments throughout the whole term of the policy.
- Premium payments can be made in either yearly, half-yearly, or monthly modes.
- The policy term will be for a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 30 years.
- The policy offers a minimum sum of Rs. 25 lakh and a maximum of Rs. 100 crore which is subject to underwriting.
Benefits of the Premier Protection Plan
- Death Benefit - The nominee will receive the sum assured immediately, in the event of the policyholder’s untimely demise. The policy will terminate after paying this amount.
- The policy provides extra cover in the form of a riders, It offers the following riders - Accidental Death and Total & Permanent Disability Benefit Rider – Traditional. In case of death caused to the policyholder by accident, then the nominee would receive the benefits.
- Sum assured rebates - You will enjoy rebates in your premium payments, if you have opted for a higher sum assured. If you have chosen an ECS/SI mode of payment you will get special rebates as well.
- Tax Benefits - The policyholder will enjoy tax benefits as per the Income Tax Act 1961 for purchasing this policy. The policyholder can claim tax benefits premiums paid for this policy under 80C of the above mentioned Tax Act.
- Grace Period - For premium payment modes which are yearly and half-yearly, the grace period allowed is 30 days, and for the monthly mode of payment the grace period is 15 days. The policyholder will be required to clear the pending premiums within this grace period.
- Free - Look Period - The policy comes with a free - look period of 30 days. If the policyholder still doesn’t agree to these terms and conditions of the policy, the policy can be cancelled within this period.
- Revival Benefit - If the policy lapses due to non-payment of premium, then it can be revived after payment of all unpaid premiums within 2 years from the last unpaid premium premium.
Mr. Shriram is a 35 year old male and he decides to purchase the Premier Protection Plan. He decides to take the policy for a term 15 years with a sum assured of Rs. 50,00,000. He chooses to pay Rs. 8,100 as yearly premium. After making 5 premium payments, Mr. Shriram dies in an unfortunate event. Now, the nominee will receive the entire sum assured amount. After paying this amount, the company will terminate the policy.
- Can I add additional protection along with this policy ?
Yes, offers you the option to add a rider to this policy, the Accidental Death and Total & Permanent Disability Benefit Rider – Traditional.
- Is there any survival benefit offered under this plan?
No, there is no survival benefit under this plan.
- Does the plan have any surrender value?
No, this plan has no surrender value available.
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.