Karnataka Bank offers at attractive interest rates on Recurring Deposit (RDs). The tenure of the RDs range from between 6 months to and 10 years. The rate of return offered by the bank is in the range of 5.20% p.a. to 5.70% p.a. Senior Citizens get an additional interest rate of 0.40% p.a.
Know more about Recurring Deposit
Karnataka Bank Recurring Deposit Rates
The bank usually has separate rates for amounts of up to and including Rs.2 crore and more than Rs.2 crore to Rs.10 crore. Currently, the rates offered for both the segments is the same. The interest rates for recurring deposit accounts are as given in the table below:
|Tenure||Interest rate (p.a.) for General Citizens||Interest rate (p.a.) for Senior Citizens|
|181 days to less than a year||5.20%||NA|
|1 year to 2 years||5.30%||5.70%|
|2 years 1 day to 5 years||5.55%||5.95%|
|5 years 1 day to 10 years||5.70%||6.20%|
Note: The interest rate mentioned in the table are effective 30 November 2020.
Karnataka Bank Short-Term RD Interest Rates
The rate of return offered by Karnataka Bank on short-term recurring deposits is 5.20% p.a. Short-term RDs are those which are opened for a period that ranges between 6 months and less than a year.
Karnataka Bank Medium and Long-Term RD Interest Rates
Medium-term RDs are those which have a tenure between 1 year and 3 years. Karnataka bank offers interest in the range of 5.30% p.a. and 5.55% p.a.
Karnataka Bank Long-Term RD Interest Rates
Any RD account opened for more than 3 years is termed as long-term recurring deposits. The rate of return offered is 5.70% p.a. on such deposit tenures.
Karnataka Bank Senior Citizen Recurring Deposit Interest Rates
Citizens above the age of 60 years are offered interest in the range of 5.70% p.a. to 6.20% p.a. for opening a RD account with the bank.
Who Can Open an RD Account?
Karnataka Bank allows both individuals as well as Hindu United Families, public and private companies, proprietary and partnership firms, societies and trusts, limited liability partnerships, and government departments to open an RD account. If you close a recurring deposit account before it matures, you may not receive the full interest amount initially promised. Delaying in depositing money in the account every month will result in a penalty. If you do not make regular deposits but the account reaches maturity, then that account will be considered a discontinued account and the bank reserves the judgement to make a payout to you or not.
Karnataka Bank RD Interest Rates
- What is the minimum amount required to open a Karnataka Bank recurring deposit account?
- How to deposit the monthly instalment for Karnataka Bank recurring deposit?
- Is loan facility available on Karnataka Bank recurring deposit?
The minimum amount required to open an RD with Karnataka Bank is Rs.50 per month and multiples thereof.
The monthly instalment for the Karnataka Bank RD can be remitted by means of a cheque or as cash.
Yes, loan facility is available on Karnataka Bank recurring deposit as per the bank's rules.
RD Interest Rate Pages
- United Bank RD Interest Rates
- Uco Bank RD Interest Rates
- Allahabad Bank RD Interest Rates
- Central Bank RD Interest Rates
- Federal Bank RD Interest Rates
- Indian Bank RD Interest Rates
- Andhra Bank RD Interest Rates
- Kotak Mahindra RD Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank RD Interest Rates
- IOB RD Interest Rates
- City Union Bank RD Interest Rates
- Citybank RD Interest Rates
- Indusind Bank RD Interest Rates
- Corporation Bank RD Interest Rates
- BOM RD Interest Rates
RD Other Pages
- Recurring Deposit Vs. Chit Fund
- Miss to Pay the Recurring Deposit Due
- Difference Between Recurring Deposit and SIP
- Open RD Account through HDFC NetBanking
- RD Account in SBI
- Advantages of Recurring Deposit
- Flexi RD
- SBI Flexi RD Schemes
- Monthly Recurring Deposit
- Co-operative Bank Recurring Deposit
- City Union Bank Recurring Deposit
- Indian Bank Recurring Deposit
- Union Bank Recurring Deposit
- UCO Bank Recurring Deposit