A unit-linked insurance plan (ULIP) from IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company, the IndiaFirst Smart Save Insurance Plan offers a range of funds to invest in, along with sizeable death and maturity benefits.
Features of the IndiaFirst Smart Save Insurance Plan
- This is a Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP), which means that the risk will be borne by the policyholder.
- Choose among 5 investment fund options:
- Equity 1 Fund.
- Balanced 1 Fund.
- Debt 1 Fund.
- Index Tracker Fund.
- Value Fund.
- No additional riders available.
- No Top Up options available.
- Switching is possible, with a minimum amount of Rs.5,000, with 24 free switches every year (2 free, per month).
- Partial Withdrawal facilities are available, after 5 policy years or 18 completed years of age of the policyholder.
- Loans are available under this plan before 5 policy years (and not after).
- Investments can be protected against market fluctuations in the last 3 years of the plan before maturity.
- Single, limited and regular payment options available.
- If policyholder stops paying premiums before 5 policy years are completed, then the Fund Value (net of any discontinuance charges) will be transferred to the Discontinued Policy Fund. This fund will be credited with a minimum interest rate of 3.5% p.a. and the proceeds from this will be payable after 5 policy years are completed. In case the policyholder dies within this time period, only the accumulated fund value will be disbursed to the nominee.
- If the policyholder stops paying premiums after 5 policy years are completed, then the total accumulated policy fund amount till the date of discontinuance will be disbursed to the policyholder, and the policy will terminate immediately.
- In case the policyholder wants to surrender the policy before 5 years are complete, the insurance cover will stop and the Fund Value (net of any discontinuance charges) will be sent to the Discontinued Policy Fund. This fund will be credited with a minimum interest rate of 3.5% p.a. and the funds generated from this will be disbursed after 5 policy years are completed. In case the policyholder dies in this time, only the accumulated fund value will be payable to the nominee.
Benefits of the IndiaFirst Smart Save Insurance Plan
- Death Benefit –n case the policyholder dies during the policy period, s/he will receive the higher of either the Sum Assured or the Fund Value.
- Maturity Benefit – Upon the policy reaching maturity, the Fund Value is disbursed to the policyholder (depending on the investment option he or she has chosen).
- Income Tax Benefit – Life insurance premiums paid up to the amount of Rs.1,00,000 can be claimed as deductions from taxable income under Sec 80C, every year.
- Tax benefit on the benefits received on plan maturity under Sec 10 (10D).
- Sum Assured
Minimum Maximum For Single Payment option
If below 45 years of age:
125% of Single Premium.
If 45 years of age or above: 110% of Single Premium.
5x Single Premium For Regular and Limited Payment options
(the higher of)
105% of Premium Paying Term x Annualized premium.
10x Annualized premium.
If below 45 years of age:
40x Annualized premium.
If 45 years of age or above:
11x Annualized premium.
Eligibility criteria for the IndiaFirst Smart Save Insurance Plan
- Entry Age – 5 years to 60 years of age.
- Age at maturity – 75 years of age.
- Single premium – Rs.45,000.
- Payment modes – Single, yearly, half-yearly.
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST of 18% is applicable on life insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017