With the embarkment of advanced technology, accomplishing simple tasks like investing in a financial instrument online has become undemanding. Insurance policies are widely known for securing people’s future and providing a component for savings. These policies have multiple features that users can leverage to make procedures easy.
LIC policies offer multiple features wherein customers can update information easily with the help of accurate credentials and the policy number. Insurers consider it important that users update their profiles with any information that might be new, or any detail that might be inaccurate, like phone number. This step is imperative as it helps the insurer stay informed and thereby send out any future update when required. Customers can also get instant notifications from the insurer if their information on the portal is updated.
Up until now, the only two ways one could update their contact number and email ID was by either sending out a letter to LIC (the servicing branch) or change it online on the website by registering the policy.
With LIC’s most recent initiative ‘Help Us to Serve You Better’, it has now become possible for a customer to modify contact information without having to register on the LIC portal.
Steps to Update Contact Information With ‘Help Us to Serve You Better’:
- The link for updating contact information on LIC portal is https://www.licindia.in/Customer-Services/Help-Us-To-Serve-You-Better, which automatically redirects the user to a page with all the required updated contact information fields.
- These fields contain name of the policyholder, his/her birth date, contact number (along with the country code), and email ID. The user will then be required to choose the number of policies he/she holds. The maximum number of policies that can be updated at a time is 10.
- Once the information is filled out, the user is advised to cross-check the same for any discrepancy or error. The next thing to do is to check the declaration clause and submit the form.
- The next page that appears is basically a preview of the information the user just entered. It will display his/her name, the birth date, contact number (with country code), and email ID.
- In the field below this information, the user will be required to set down the policy numbers.
- Once policy numbers have been entered, the user will then be required to choose the option ‘Validate Policy Details’. A crucial thing to bear in mind is that the policyholder will enter only his LIC policy details, not of the family members. LIC servers will then process the validation.
- Upon successful validation of the LIC policies, the user will be redirected to a page where the policy number and subsequent ‘Request Status’ is displayed.
- If the status is ‘Successful’, that means the LIC policy is ready to be dispatched to the branch for validation.
- Choose the option that reads ‘Send Request’ and the policy has successfully been dispatched to LIC for validation.
- Once the above-mentioned step is completed, the customer will receive his/her request number and request date.
Once all details and information have been verified by LIC, they call the customer to obtain a verbal validation. Post this, the new contact information is updated in the customer’s policy. The customer is also notified via email and SMS.