With every passing year the cost of living increases at a massive pace and it shows no signs of slowing down. Procuring the bare necessities of life has become a costly affair and more and more people look towards securing their future with a rock-solid life insurance plan.
One of the more sought after life insurance plans are the Rs.1crore policy plans. In simple terms, this plan ensures that a sum of Rs.1crore is given to an individual’s family on maturity of the policy. While a plan like this might seem like it requires you to pay huge premiums, the reality is this policy can be bought by any person belonging to any salary bracket.
HDFC Life Click 2 Protect - 1 Crore Life Insurance Protection Plan:
HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Plan is a term insurance plan which can be purchased online. This protection plan pays a lump sum amount to the nominee in the event of death of the policyholder. This is a pure risk protection plan and is available for online purchase without any agent intervention.
As with all term insurance policies, the HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Plan is designed to offer financial support and security to the policyholder’s family in the unforeseen event of his death. The most attractive feature of this plan is that even average salary earners can protect their families with a guaranteed benefit of Rs 1 crore after he passes away.
The plan can be easily purchased online and is a pure risk protection plan that does not involve any agent intervention. In the event of the death of the policyholder the nominee receives a lump sum amount. However, if the policyholder dies within the policy term, then the nominee receives the sum assured.
Who is eligible for HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Plan?
This policy is best suited for individuals in the age group of 30-35 years who are the sole earning members of their family since the family members will face financial uncertainty in the untimely event of the policyholder’s death.
Features of HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Plan:
- Easy and hassle-free issuance.
- This policy has a very high claim settlement ratio of over 95.54% and covers all types of death.
- Minimum Sum Assured of Rs 10 lakh and a maximum Sum Assured of Rs 10 crore.
- Minimum entry age of 18 years and maximum of 65 years.
The plan offers policy terms of 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years with an annual premium payment mode only.
Benefits of HDFC Life Click 2 Protect Plan:
- In case of death of the policyholder during the policy term, the nominee shall receive the chosen Sum Assured.
- There is no maturity benefit, survival benefit or paid-up value under HDFC Life Click 2 Protect since it is a pure term plan.
- Premiums paid are exempted from taxable income up to Rs. 1, 00,000 under section 80c. The amount paid to the nominee is also tax-free according to section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act.
1. Q. What happens if the policyholder stops paying the premium?
A. If the policyholder stops paying the premium, then all benefits of the policy will cease after the expiry of the grace period. The policy shall lapse without value.
2. Q. What if the policyholder wants to revive a lapsed policy?
A. If a policy has lapsed due to discontinuance of premium payments, the policy can be revived under the following conditions:
- Application for revival must be made within 2 years from the date of lapse and before the completion of the policy term.
- All due and unpaid premiums shall be payable with the interest thereon. Such rate of interest on late payment of premiums shall be determined by the company from time to time.
- The company may carry out fresh underwriting upon revival and may require the life insured to undergo fresh medical examinations.
3. Q. What happens if the policyholder decides to surrender the policy?
A. There are no surrender benefits offered under this plan.
4. Q. Can the policyholder take out a loan against the policy?
A. Loan facilities are unavailable against this policy.
5. Q. Can the Sum Assured or the policy term be altered?
A. Both the Sum Assured as well as the policy term cannot be altered under this policy.
GST of 18% is applicable on life insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017