Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited has merged with Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited to design medical insurance policies that offers attractive benefits to investors. Following are two of the combi policies that can be availed from Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited.
Star Shri Family Care
The Star Shri Family Care life insurance policy is made available jointly by Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited and Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited. The policy provides health as well as life cover under a single plan.
Key Features of Star Shri Family Care
- Cover for in-patient hospitalisation costs in case the individual was hospitalised for at least 24 hours. Boarding and room rent expenses are also covered along with nursing expenses, surgeons’ fees, specialists’ charges, consultants’ charges, anaesthetists’ fees, emergency ambulance charges, drugs and medicines.
- The predetermined sum assured shall be paid out upon the death of the individual during the policy term.
- The minimum age to apply for this scheme is 18 years and the maximum is 50 years.
- Dependent children who are older than five months can gain eligibility provided one of the parents is covered.
- The policy can be renewed before the policyholder turns 60 years of age.
Star Shri Individual Care
The Star Shri Individual Care plan offers regular hospitalisation benefits such as those provided by any other insurance plan, but it also offers a lump sum payment in case of the death of the policyholder.
Key Features Star Shri Individual Care
- Coverage for in-patient hospitalisation costs in case the individual was admitted for at least 24 hours. The costs covered include boarding, room rent, nursing expenses, emergency ambulance fees, surgeons’ charges, specialists’ charges, anaesthetists’ fees and consultants’ charges.
- A predetermined sum assured shall be paid out upon the death of the policyholder.
- The minimum age to apply for this plan is 18 years and the maximum is 50 years.
- The plan can be renewed before the policyholder turns 60 years of age.