Life holds a number of promises, with each one of us striving to fulfil them. Finance can become a major constraint in achieving these promises, especially if those of our loved ones are linked to ours. IndiaFirst Secure Save Plan is a special product which offers assured returns on an investment, ensuring our loved ones are protected in the event of our demise. A profit savings plan, it helps us plan our future systematically, factoring multiple situations.
Eligibility Criteria for IndiaFirst Secure Save Plan
Individuals who wish to purchase this plan need to satisfy a few basic eligibility criteria.
|Minimum entry age||5 years|
|Maximum entry age||65 years|
|Minimum age at maturity||NA|
|Maximum age at maturity||75 years|
Key Features of IndiaFirst Secure Save Plan
The important features which can help in understanding IndiaFirst Secure Save Plan are highlighted below.
|Plan type||Non-linked plan with profit savings|
|Premium payment term||Premiums should be paid for a period equal to policy term|
|Maturity benefit||The sum assured plus all accrued bonuses will be paid on maturity of this plan|
|Premium payment frequency||Monthly, half-yearly and yearly|
|Loan||Loan facility available, with the loan amount depending on the surrender value of a policy. Loans upto a maximum of 90% of surrender value can be availed, subject to certain conditions|
|Surrender value||Policy can be surrendered after three full premiums are paid. Surrender value will be paid in full, with this amount depending on factors like policy term and premium amount|
|Free look period||The company provides a 15 day free look period within which a policy can be returned|
|Revival/Renewal||A lapsed policy can be revived by paying all pending premiums and interests. Revival is possible within 2 years of first missed payment|
|Sum assured||Minimum – Rs 1 lakh Maximum – Rs 20 crore|
|Policy coverage||Maturity Benefit, Death Benefit|
Benefits/Advantages of IndiaFirst Secure Save Plan
IndiaFirst Secure Save Plan offers a number of benefits to policyholders, some of which are mentioned below.
- Savings – Policyholders can create surplus savings by investing in this plan. This surplus can be used during emergencies/post-retirement.
- Bonus – The amount invested in a plan is eligible to earn terminal and reversionary bonuses, offering better returns on investment.
- Tax benefits – Premiums paid and amount received on maturity are eligible for tax exemptions under Sections 80C and 10(10) D of the Income Tax Act respectively.
- High sum assured – Individuals can choose a sum assured which matches their financial lifestyle, with the plan offering cover up to a maximum of Rs 20 crore.
- Flexible – Policyholders can choose the premium, policy term and premium payment frequency according to their current financial position.
- Affordable – Individuals can avail protection under this plan at affordable rates.
- Maturity benefit – The sum assured and all accrued bonuses will be paid to a policyholder on completion of the policy term.
- Death benefit – A death benefit equivalent to the sum assured and the bonuses accrued during the policy will be paid to the nominee in the event of demise of policyholder.
- Loans – Policyholders can avail a loan against their policy, with the plan offering financial security during emergencies.
Working of IndiaFirst Secure Save Plan
IndiaFirst Secure Save Plan follows a simple workflow, with eligible individuals expected to follow a few simple steps to enjoy the benefits of this IndiaFirst Life plan . We can understand its working by taking the example of Miss Anusha, a relationship manager with a popular MNC. Anusha decides to purchase this plan on her 35th birthday, choosing to secure the future of her family. She chooses a sum assured of Rs 50 lakhs, with the policy term being 30 years. She pays an nnual premium towards maintaining this policy.
Consider the following scenarios to see how Secure Save Plan works.
Scenario 1: Anusha pays all the premiums, with the policy ending after 30 years. In this case, she will receive a maturity benefit which consists of the sum assured plus the terminal and reversionary bonus.
Scenario 2: Anusha passes away 20 years after purchasing this plan, leaving behind her husband and two children. In this case, her eldest daughter (nominee) will receive a death benefit which includes the sum assured and the bonuses accrued until Anusha’s demise. The policy will cease to end after this lump sum amount is paid.
Policyholders can choose to pay premiums according to their convenience, with an option to pay premiums monthly, half-yearly or yearly.
|Premium Payment Frequency||Minimum Premium||Maximum Premium|
This plan can be enhanced by opting for the IndiaFirst Term Rider. This rider can be purchased at an additional cost and provides an extended life cover based on the needs of a policyholder.