The Future Generali Care Plus scheme is a term plan which is designed to offer protection to an individual. An insurance product which , it helps people prepare for the future, securing the needs and requirements of their loved ones thereby ensuring that life doesn’t take a U-turn in the event of an unfortunate scenario. The plan aims to provide financial independence to the loved ones of a policyholder at affordable rates.
Eligibility Criteria for Future Generali Care Plus
Individuals who wish to secure the future of their loved ones through the need to satisfy the following basic criteria.
- Minimum entry age – The minimum entry age is 18 years for both the schemes under this plan.
- Maximum entry age – The maximum entry age is 60 years for both the schemes under this plan.
- Maximum maturity age – The maximum maturity age for both the options is 65 years.
- Minimum premium – The minimum premium is Rs 2,500 per annum for the Classic Option and Rs 5,000 per annum for the Premier Option.
Features of Future Generali Care Plus
- Protection plan – This is a designed to offer financial security to family members of a policyholder.
- Dual options – Individuals can choose from two plan options under this scheme, the Classic and the Premier option.
- Affordable – This plan can be availed at low premium rates, making it light on the pocket.
- Discounts – Individuals can avail discounts on the premiums, depending on the sum assured.
- Flexible policy term – The policy term varies between 5 and 30 years, with individuals having an option to choose one which suits their needs.
- Free look period – A 15 day free look period is provided within which an individual can choose to cancel the policy.
- Multiple premium payment modes – The premium can be paid in three different modes, monthly, half-yearly and annually.
- Revival – Lapsed policies can be revived by paying all dues within three years of first unpaid premium.
- Nominee – There is a provision for a nominee in this plan.
Benefits of Future Generali Care Plus
Some of the benefits of Future Generali Term Insurance are mentioned below.
- Tax benefits – Policyholders are entitled to tax benefits under provisions of the Income Tax Act.
- Death benefit – In the event of unfortunate demise of a policyholder, a death benefit equivalent to the sum assured will be paid to his/her nominee.
- Additional riders – Policyholders can choose to enhance their protection by opting for additional riders. An accidental death rider and an accelerated critical illness rider are available for added protection.
Mr. Rakesh, aged 35 years opts for a cover of Rs 15 lakh under the Classic Option, with the term being 15 years. He names his wife the nominee under this scheme. The premium comes up to around Rs 3,000 per year, which he pays diligently every year. Unfortunately, he passes away after 12 years, with the policy still in force. In this case, his wife will receive the highest of either the sum assured, 10 times the annualised premiums or 105% of total premiums paid.
- Is there a provision for loan under this scheme?
No, there is no loan provision under this plan.
- Can one avail surrender benefits under this plan?
No, there are no surrender benefits under this plan.
- Is there a maturity benefit payable?
No maturity benefit will be paid under the provisions of this scheme.
GST of 18% is applicable on life insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017