IndusInd Bank was established in 1994 and is known to be a new generation bank. Based in Mumbai, it is one of the first new generation private sector banks in the country.
IndusInd Market Capitalisation
The market capitalisation of IndusInd is over Rs.1,02,800 crore.
Company’s wealth and recent performance
- During Q3 for FY18, the company experienced steady growth and performance
- The deposit growth of the bank rose by 23% year on year
- Savings deposit experienced a year-on-year growth of 68%
- Net interest income grew by 20% when compared to the same time period last year. Last year during the corresponding quarter, the net interest income stood at roughly Rs.1,500 crore as opposed to Rs.1,800 crore this year in Q3
- Net profit saw a year on year growth of 25%. From Rs.750 crores in the last year of Q3, the net profit rose to Rs.936 crore this year
- Return on assets stood at 1.96%
IndusInd Stock Trends 2016 – 2017
- The stock price of IndusInd in the beginning of January 2016 stood at around Rs.960, which was also the peak in the stock price for that month. By the end of January 2016, the stock price stood at roughly Rs.900
- On the 1st of April the stock prices remained stagnant and stood at around Rs.965. At the end of the month, the stock price stood at roughly Rs.1030, which was also the highest the stock price of the bank stood at in April 2016
- IndusInd saw a rise in stock prices during August and stood roughly at Rs.1170. The prices of the stock stood stagnant throughout the month and at the end of August the prices stood at approximately Rs.1160
- At the end of 2016, the stock prices stood at roughly Rs.1100. During the beginning of December 2016, the stock price was around Rs.1080
- January of 2017 was a good month for the bank as the stock prices hit Rs.1250
- In April 2017, the bank enjoyed a rise in the stock value when it stood at roughly Rs.1400. The month ended with the stock prices standing at around Rs.1450 which was also one of the highest points of the stock for that month
- IndusInd continued to enjoy a rise in stock prices, and in August the stock price of the bank hit approximately Rs.1600
- The bank then had its ups and downs which resulted in the stock price to stagnate at Rs.1600 at the end of the year 2017
IndusInd Stock Trends 2018
- The stock prices remained at roughly Rs.1600 at the beginning of 2018
- In February, 2018, the stock prices rose slightly to approximately Rs.1700
Why should you invest in IndusInd?
- The company’s performance in FY17 - 18 has seen incredible progress and growth
- The company has been extremely profitable this year as well, growing at dramatic rates
- The bank is one of the fastest growing banks in the country
- It’s vast progress in Q3 is promising and if replicated in future quarters will ensure a hefty growth, which means increased stock prices
Founded in 1994, IndusInd was noted as one of the first new generation private banks in India. The bank began operations with an initial capital that amounts to Rs.1 billion. Out of this, Rs.400 million was donated by NRIs and Rs.600 million was donated by residents of India. Now one of the most reputed banks in the country, IndusInd has an array of quality banking services combined with an extraordinary customer service. Apart from simply providing banking services to its customers, the bank continuously strives to integrate the most advanced technology available in the market into its structure.
As of mid-2016, the bank had over 1,000 branches and 1,800 ATMs. One of the major plus points of the bank is its widespread network that draws in plenty of customers on a yearly basis. The IndusInd network is spread across over 600 locations worldwide.
Mr. R. Seshasayee – Chairman
Mr. Seshasayee is a Chartered Accountant who is also a chairman of IndusInd. Prior to this, he was the vice chairman of Ashok Leyland, one ICICI Banks’ board members, and the president of Confederation of Indian Industry. He has been the chairman of IndusInd since July of 2007.
Mrs. Kanchan Chitale – Senior Finance Manager
Mrs. Kanchan Chitale is the senior finance manager of IndusInd. Chartered Accountant by profession, she has been a part of the success of several other companies prior to working for IndusInd. Her main areas of work include audit management of all sectors of the company, making her one of the most valuable employees of the bank.
Mr. Romesh Sobti – Managing Director
Joining IndusInd as a CEO and Managing director, Mr. Romesh was a part of the banking industry for over 33 years. Associated with giants like ANZ and SBI, he brings a lot of experience to the table when it comes to providing value to IndusInd. Apart from holding a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering he also obtained a degree in Corporate Laws and Practice and Secretarial Practice.
With its origins dating back to 1994, the main intention of the bank was to cater to the banking needs for NRIs. However, the bank has expanded and reached out to various types of customers. With its extensive network, quality products, and knowledgeable customer executives, IndusInd is one of the most popular banks in India. The bank also has a lot of accolades associated with it which simply validates the popularity of the bank and why the bank is one of the go-to banks to many banking customers in the country.
IndusInd listings and Indices
IndusInd stocks are listed on Nifty 200, Nifty 500, Nifty 100, S&P BSE 100, S&P BSE 500, S&P BSE 200 amongst several other indices.
BSE code - 532187
NSE code - INDUSINDBK
ISIN - INE095A01012
Sector - BANKS - PRIVATE SECTOR
IndusInd Bank Limited,
2401 Gen. Thimmayya Road (Cantonment),
Pune – 411 001, India
Tel: +91 20 3046 1600 - 609
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.