The new year has dawned. New year is the time people make life-changing resolutions and a wishlist to fulfill in 2018. If buying a car is in your wishlist this year, it is important to know more about car insurance and leading car insurance companies in India apart from knowing the best cars plying the Indian roads. Buying a car insurance is not a choice but a legal obligation you should abide by. Under the Indian Motor Act, it is mandatory for every car owner to have a valid third-party car insurance.
While buying a car insurance make sure you buy the most comprehensive one. While many car insurance providers offer basic car insurance plans, it is wise to choose a car insurance that not only covers the damages made to your vehicle or the damages caused by you to a third-party, but to choose a car insurance plan that covers the loss or damage caused to your car by natural or man-made calamities. Most of the car insurance plans available in the market can be customised to suits one’s requirements. Choose your add-ons wisely and make sure your set of wheels has the best protection. While you are researching about the best cars available in the market, we have listed the top 5 car insurance companies in India in 2018. In no particular order, take a look at the most reputable car insurance companies:
ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd:
ICICI Bank Limited joined hands with Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and launched ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. With more than 3,500 network garages across the country, ICICI car insurance policy covers loss or damage to your vehicle against natural calamities, loss or damage to your vehicle against man-made calamities, personal accident cover, and third-party legal liability. From emergency battery jump start service and towing to minor repairs and fixing a flat tyre, ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. offers it all. Also known for their simple, hassle-free claim procedure, ICICI Car Insurance is one of the leading car insurance companies in the year 2018.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd:
The union of HDFC Ltd., India’s premier Housing Finance Institution and ERGO International AG gave birth to HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. Whether you are looking for motor insurance, health insurance, or travel insurance, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. offers it all. They offer private car insurance, two-wheeler insurance, liability-only policy, and commercial vehicles insurance. As an HDFC ERGO insurance customer, you can enjoy cashless claim service at more than 3,400 authorised garages in the country. Some of the benefits of buying car insurance from HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. include 24 hours approval time, online purchase option, customer service for any queries on motor insurance, and transparent claim settlement process. HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance policy covers own damage to the vehicle caused by external means, fire, terrorism, natural calamities, man-made calamities, depreciation, personal accident cover, and third-party legal liability.
United India Insurance Company Ltd:
Incorporated in the year 1938, United India Insurance Company Ltd. is a nationalised, government-owned insurance company. They offer insurance for private cars, two-wheelers, and commercial vehicles. They offer several car insurance plans. Customers can even customise these plans to suit their requirements. They are known for treating their customers right, their discount policy is a proof for this. Customers can also claim No Claim Bonus from 20% to 50% depending on the number of claim-free years. They also offer automobile association membership discount, discount for anti-theft devices, and discount on use of vehicles within insured's premises.
The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd:
The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. was incorporated in the year 1947. Car insurance offered by them covers accidental damages, third-party liabilities, and come with various add-ons. With 1 year insurance coverage period, The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. offers extra coverages like nil depreciation cover, loss of personal effects, alternative car benefits, and free emergency benefit services. You can know more about this car insurance policy by visiting their website. You can also buy or renew your car insurance policy online.
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited:
In the year 2000, Tata Group and American International Group (AIG) formed Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited. The company offers various services like health insurance, travel insurance, and motor insurance. Car insurance offered by Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is known for enhanced protection through their well-designed add-on covers, cashless claims or direct settlement at garages, no claim bonus, and roadside assistance. Customers can choose from their 12 unique add-on covers to personalise their car insurance plan that suits their requirements.
Let 2018 be the year you choose the best car insurance provider for your dream car. Get a comprehensive car insurance plan today and stay secure.
In Case You Missed It....
The Lok Sabha recently approved an amendment to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, which is essentially the Bible of road rules in India. This proposal is expected to improve the safety of commuters on the roads, and is referred to as the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2016. The changes include increase in fines for traffic violations, automated testing for obtaining driving licenses, encouragement for commuters for assisting accident victims, and comprehensive road safety rules. These changes could reduce the casualties of road accidents by up to 50% by the year 2020.
This article elaborates on the highlights of the Bill and the revised penalties for traffic offenses. It also provides an overview of the basic road rules that should be followed in the country.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Videocon Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care