Tata Tiago is one of the most important cars in the fleet of Tata Motors, after the introduction of the revamped designs by the Indian automobile giant. The inception of the new era of designs started with the Tata Zest and Tata Bolt and has been carried over to the Tiago as well. Compact cars has always been hotcakes in the Indian vehicle market and thus Tata Tiago is a vehicle of great importance. It strikes every string which has made this car eligible to be a significant member of the highly competitive segment.
Features of Tata Tiago:
External features: The new designs from Tata make it evident that they did not only want to make cars that perform well, but also looks great. Accordingly, the Tiago sports a very agile and confident stance. The front-end has a multifaceted Tata emblem placed on the signature hexagonal, honeycomb front grille. The new-age Tata compact cars have a sharp and sculpted design language in common. The following external features make the Tata Tiago stand out:
- Body coloured bumpers
- Sporty three dimensional headlamps with smoked lens and sporty black bezel
- Sharp and high-mounted tail lamps
- Hexagonal front grille with chrome strips
- Alloy wheels
- Body coloured door handles
- Body coloured ORVMs with integrated turn indicators
- Espresso Brown
- Berry Red
- Pearlescent White
- Titanium Grey
- Sunburst Orange
- Platinum Silver
Interiors: The Tiago is as impressive on the inside as it is on the outside. It sports a layered design theme accompanied by dual-tone interiors. To make a long-lasting impression the interior comes packed with:
- Premium graphics on the seat fabric
- Customisable air vents
- Height adjustable seating with body-hugging bolsters
- ConnectNext Infotainment system by Harman
- New sporty instrument cluster
- Multiple storage boots
- Easy-to-reach controls
- Multi-information display for vital car information
- Four speakers and four tweeters with surround sound effect
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation App
- Juke-Car App
- User-configurable vehicle settings
- AM/FM, USB, Bluetooth, AUX-IN, iPOD connectivity
- Phonebook and call-log access
- Speed dependent volume controls
- Audio streaming
- Steering mounted audio and phone controls
The Tiago also offers other great features for driving convenience like electric power assisted steering with tilt adjustment, remote fuel and tailgate opening, 7-speed front wipers, manual central locking and central locking with flip key remote, power windows, gear shift indicator, adjustable driver-seat, and different drive modes like: Creep Function, Sport Mode, and Shift Assist Manual Mode. The instrument panel showcases a digital clock, trip meters, average fuel efficiency, distance to empty, tachometer, door open and key reminder, LED fuel and temperature gauges, etc.
Engine Specifications Of Tata Tiago:
The Tata Tiago is available in both Petrol and Diesel variants. Both the variants are available in six sub-variants, namely: XE, XM, XT, XZ, XTA, and XZA. The following table contains the technical specifications of the Tiago.
The Revotron engines come packed with an advanced A.M.T. gearbox which offers three different driving modes according to your driving style.
Safety Features On The Tata Tiago:
Tata Motors have concentrated a lot on the safety guidelines as well and thus the Tiago comes with some of the best safety features that make it a worthy player in its segment market. The car comes with Advanced ABS with EBD and Corner Stability Control, dual front airbags, and rear parking sensors with display on the infotainment system. The car is built around a sturdy chassis which holds an energy-absorbing body structure to provide extra protection in case of crashes. The other safety features on the Tiago are as follows:
- Speed dependent automatic door locks
- Follow-me-home headlamps
- Day and night IRVM
- Front fog lamps
- Rear defogger
- Seat belt with pretensioners and load limiters
- Rear smart wipers with wash
* The above mentioned features and specifications are present in the top-end model of the car; the lower variants might not be equipped with all of them.
Tata Tiago Price List:
The ex-showroom price of the Tata Tiago in some of the major cities in India are listed below. The price range is based on the sub-variants of the vehicle.
|City||Petrol variants||Diesel variants|
|Delhi||Rs.3,26,348 - Rs.5,43,792||Rs.4,04,833 - Rs.5,40,141|
|Mumbai||Rs.3,31,646 - Rs.5,49,536||Rs.4,11,181 - Rs.5,46,489|
|Pune||Rs.3,31,134 - Rs.5,51,462||Rs.4,10,660 - Rs.5,45,968|
|Chennai||Rs.3,34,752 - Rs.5,48,527||Rs.4,14,408 - Rs.5,45,044|
|Bangalore||Rs.3,35,471 - Rs.5,52,862||Rs.4,15,106 - Rs.5,49,413|
|Kolkata||Rs.3,41,607 - Rs.5,59,971||Rs.4,20,298 - Rs.5,55,560|
Tata Tiago Car Insurance Price:
The following factors are to be considered to ascertain the cost of insuring your Tata Tiago:
- Insurance policy coverage: It is mandatory to have at least a third-party insurance coverage for your vehicle in India. But, you can choose from a third-party coverage and a comprehensive coverage, depending on the extent of coverage you want for your Tata Tiago car. You can also choose to enhance your car insurance coverage by buying extra rider plans from the insurance provider. The final premium amount will be based on the type of coverage you choose.
- Vehicle make and model: The insurance premium amount also depends on the make and model of the car. The third-party motor insurance premiums also consist of a fixed value that is based on the displacement of the vehicle’s engine. The petrol variant of Tata Tiago has an engine capacity of 1,199 cc whereas the diesel variant has a capacity of 1,047 cc. Both the variants fall under the 1,000 cc to 1,500 cc range. The third-party liability for this range is Rs.2,863, as per the standard rates published by the IRDA for the financial year 2017-18. This amount might be revised for financial year 2018-19. Own-damage cover is also dependent on the model and make of the vehicles.
- Driving history of the driver: The No Claim Bonus is received in case no claims are made for the insured vehicle in the preceding policy period. The insurance premium can be lowered at the time of renewal by availing the No Claim Bonus. If claims are not raised it basically indicates to the fact that the driver has a good driving record.
- Installation of safety equipments: While approving an insurance policy, the insurance company will consider all the probable risk factors because of which a loss might arise. Thus, addition of safety equipments like anti-theft device, ABS, EBD, etc., make the car safer. As the risk of physical damage or total loss is toned down by the addition of such equipments, the insurance premium for the vehicle becomes lower.
- Voluntary deductible: You can opt for a voluntary deductible, while buying a car insurance that helps you to save money on your premium payment. But that would also mean that you would be bearing a part of the claim, in case your vehicle suffers damages after being involved in an accident. The insurance company will be liable to pay off only the remaining claim amount.
- Registration area: If a vehicle is registered in an area which is prone to theft and/or accidents, the insurance company is likely to charge more premium for the policy. This is because the risk of loss is more in such cases.
- Loyalty of customer: Being registered with a specific car insurance company for a long period of time or having multiple insurance policies with the same insurer, might make you eligible for Customer Loyalty bonus. The Customer Loyalty Bonus can be availed as discounts on your premium amount at the time of renewal.
How To Buy An Insurance Policy For Your Tata Tiago:
As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, buying at least a third-party liability insurance cover is compulsory in India. There are two methods which you can consider while buying an insurance policy for your Tata Tiago car. The coverage you want for your car is the primary factor that is to be decided by you. Once you have decided the type of coverage you need, you can either visit the office of an insurance company and buy a policy according to your need or you can just visit a third-party website and buy a policy through them.
- Buying a policy directly from an insurance company: You can visit the nearest branch office of an insurance company and directly buy a policy that suits your needs. You can choose between a third-party liability cover and a comprehensive cover policy. In case you buy a comprehensive cover for your car, you can also opt for other rider plans offered by the insurer to increase the coverage limit.
- Visiting a third-party website to buy a policy: You can also consider buying a policy for your Tata Tiago from a third-party website. Buying online policies is a hassle-free process and provides additional options from all the registered insurance companies. The wide range of options will help you ascertain your insurance coverage needs and at the same time help you compare the premium amounts and coverage areas provided by the different plans. The entire process does not require any paperwork or waiting period and insurance can be bought (or renewed) immediately.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017