When it comes to a competent and comprehensive vehicle insurance policy, HDFC ERGO Auto Insurance is one of the pack leaders in India. A major subset of the HDFC ERGO General Insurance concern, the company handles the following auto insurance products- Private Car Insurance, Insurance for Commercial Vehicles, Two Wheeler Insurance and Liability Only Policy. Aside from being a simple, complete and scalable option, the feature that allows the purchase of the HDFC ERGO Vehicle Insurance Policy online makes it an instant favorite.
Key Benefits & Features Of HDFC ERGO Vehicle Insurance
Wide Network- Avail cashless claim at 1600+ network garages across India.
A World of Discounts- No Claim Bonus (NCB), Discount based on applicant’s age and profession, Discounts based on applicant’s participation in Automobile Associations and installation of specific anti-theft devices.
Hassle Free Process- Quick turnaround time, transparent procedures, robust 24x7 customer support, very competitive pricing and highly standardized procedures. Known as one of the fastest claim settling insurers in India.
Instant Online Policy- Beat the rush, save time by buying or renewing the HDFC ERGO Auto Insurance policy online.
Raising A Claim With HDFC ERGO Auto Insurance- Simple, Fast and Definitive
Often, the seconds after an unfortunate road accident are a collective mess of confusion and indecision. After ensuring that everyone involved in the accident are tended to, the process for the raising of a claim per your HDFC Ergo Auto Insurance Policy can be set into motion. The very simple steps are as follows-
- Intimate a HDFC ERGO customer support executive about the accident via the toll free number. Herein, both accidents and permanent loss due to theft are entertained.
- Next, you will be provided a unique claim number that ensures seamless communication between you and the HDFC ERGO resource through all future interactions.
- Herein, you can request the support personnel for towing or ambulance services, if required. Also, you could seek information about the nearest available network garage and procedures to avail cashless service.
- After reaching the garage, get a repair estimate, complete the claim document and attach any other necessary documents as required.
- After the repairs, and after ensuring that the same has been completed to the best of your satisfaction, pay only for the repairs, depreciation, additional fittings and other small deductibles that weren’t a direct result of the accident in question. The rest of the payment will be cleared by HDFC ERGO Auto Insurance with the garage.
- If the garage chosen by you isn’t a network garage, then ensure that only genuine, manufacturer approved parts as sourced from authorized retailers are used in the ensuing repairs.
Note- If your vehicle was involved in an accident with another vehicle, then take care to note down the latter’s registration number and the complete contact details of the other driver. If eyewitnesses were present on the scene then their details need to be recorded as well.
If your vehicle was the cause of or participated in an accident that resulted in the injury, death or damage to third party property, then the matter must be reported to the nearest police station immediately. In such cases, the third party insurance component of your HDFC Ergo Auto Insurance Policy will come into play at a later stage, as and when the affected third party decides to act for a claim.
If you suffer permanent loss of vehicle due to theft or any malicious acts, then the matter must be reported to the nearest police station immediately and an FIR must be filed.
Other Products from HDFC
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017