The whole world including India has been severely impacted by the outbreak of Covid-19. The number of cases for people suffering from the coronavirus is rising everyday. If a person or a family member of there is diagnosed with the virus, then the cost of its treatment can be very high.
Hence, if you don’t want to touch your savings to meet the cost of treatment of Covid-19, then you can avail the SBI General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy which will provide you coverage in case you or any member of your family is diagnosed with Covid-19.
Features of SBI General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy
- Newborn cover provided form day one.
- Home expenses will be covered for up to 14 days.
- No medical check-up required across all age group.
- Room rent and ICU charges covered at actuals.
- Exemption from tax under Section 80D.
What is covered under SBI General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy
- The expenses of your boarding, hospital room rent, doctor fees.
- ICU charges, nursing fees, and operation theatre charges.
- Medicines consumed by you during your stay in the hospital.
- Road ambulance charges.
- Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation charges of up to 15 days and 30 days respectively.
- You will receive 0.5% of the sum insured per day for every one day completed in a hospital for the treatment of Covid-19. The maximum number of days for which you will get this add-on cover are 15 days.
What will not be covered under SBI General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy
- Any expenses incurred before the diagnosis of the disease. Any other expenses which is not related to the current diagnosis will not be covered.
- If you get your treatment in a place outside the geographical limits of India.
- Any claim related to Covid-19 where it has been diagnosed before the commencement of the policy.
- If you get your testing done at a center not recognised by the Government of India. The same will not be recognised under the policy.
- The policy will cease to exist if you travel to a country placed under travel restriction by the Indian Government.
- Rest cure, respite care, and rehabilitation.
How to buy SBI General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy
- Click on the link https://www.sbigeneral.in/portal/covid-kavach.
- You will find the ‘Buy Now’ button on the page. Click on it.
- Enter your gender, date of birth, and the number of people you wish to insure under the policy.
- Click on ‘Go’.
- Provide your name, mobile number, and email ID.
- Click on the box where you agree to all the terms and conditions.
- A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- Follow the instructions as given. A representative from the insurance company will get in touch with you to aid you with the application process.
You can visit the nearest branch of SBI General Insurance to apply for this insurance policy. A representative from the insurance company will help you further with the application process.
Procedure for claims
- It is recommended to get yourself treated in one of the network providers.
- Fill the cashless request form available with the network provider and send it to the insurance company for evaluation.
- The insurer will verify the form and if satisfied with the information provided by you, will issue a pre-authorisation letter to the hospital.
- At the time of discharge, you will have to verify and sign all the discharge papers for inadmissible and non-medical expenses.
- All the relevant documents by the hospital will be then sent to the insurance company. The insurer will cover all the hospital bills. If you have already paid the amount out of your own pocket and sent the bill to the insurance company, the amount will be reimbursed by them.
- What is the eligible age to purchase this insurance policy?
- What is the sum insured option available?
- What is the waiting-period under this policy?
- Is there any rebate for health care workers looking to buy this insurance policy?
- What is the policy tenure?
The minimum and maximum age of eligibility is 18 years and 65 years respectively.
The minimum sum insured is Rs.50,000 and maximum sum insured is Rs.5 lakh.
There is a waiting period of 15 days under this policy.
Yes, a discount of 5% is offered to health care workers looking to buy this insurance policy.
Policy tenures offered are for three and half months, six and half months, and nine and half months.