Royal Sundaram’s Family Health Insurance Plan offers complete protection to you and your family against sudden accident, illness and unexpected hospitalisation.
Features & Benefits of Royal Sundaram Family Good Health
|Entry Age ||91 days- 21 years.|
Dependent parents up to age of 50 years without documentation. If there are proper documentations, then dependent parents are covered up to the age of 65 years.
|Policy Period ||1 or 2 years.|
|Medical screening ||Required for entrants over 50 years. Dependent parents up to 65 years.|
- Lifelong renewability.
- If the expiring policy is claim free, the renewal premium will be reduced by 5%.
|Bonus ||For every claim free year, the sum insured is increased by 5% subject to a maximum of 50%.|
- Flexibility to cover self, spouse, parents and children under a single plan
- The sum insured floats among family members and individual sum is insured for individual plan.
|Sum Insured ||Rs.2 Lakhs, Rs.3 Lakhs or Rs.4 Lakhs.|
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses such as consultation fee, medicines etc. are covered 30 days prior to hospitalisation.
- In-patient hospitalisation expenses such as room rent, consultation fee, surgeon’s fee. Medicines, anaesthesia, blood, oxygen, OT charges etc. incurred while admitted in the hospital for a minimum of 24 hours are covered.
- Post hospitalisation charges such as consultation fee, physiotherapy charges, medicines related to the disease or accident incurred within 60 days after discharge are covered.
- Any Day care procedure that doesn’t require the insured to be hospitalised are covered.
- Emergency ambulance charges up to Rs.1,000 per claim are covered.
- After 4 consecutive claim free years, Rs.750 is reimbursed towards the Master Health check-up.
|Other Benefits |
- Other company’s health insurance can be transferred to Royal Sundaram 45 days prior to the renewal date.
- Cumulative Bonus of 5%-50% is offered for the claim free year.
- Convalescence benefit of up to Rs.10,000 is given to the insured for being hospitalised for more than 21 days. The maximum amount given is Rs.20,000.
|Tax Benefit ||Policy holder can avail tax benefits for the premium amount under the Section 80D of Income Tax Act.|
- If the policy holder falls sick within 30 days of policy commencement, then there is no coverage for the same.
- The following is not covered in the first year of insurance:
- Congenital Internal disease.
- Stone in urinary and biliary system.
- Migraine or headaches etc.
- The following are not covered during first two years of insurance:
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- Knee or hip replacement.
- Heart diseases.
- Chronic renal failure etc.
- Pre-existing diseases that are declared during the purchase of the policy shall be covered after 4 years of continuous coverage.
- Maternity care expenses are not covered.
The policy holder will get a Health Card along with the policy documents that can be used to access Cashless facility and it also serves as an identity card. The policy only covers medical expenses incurred and that are subject to treatment in India only.
Please read and check the details of the policy to see if it meets all your requirements.
Other Health Insurance Plans from Royal Sundaram:
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.