Aimed to enable the poorer sections of the society get health insurance cover, this plan offers good sum insured at very low premium payments. This plan offers domiciliary hospitalization and hospitalization for premiums starting at a lowly Rs.70 for adults and Rs.25 for dependent daughter/son below 25 years of age.
Key features of Oriental Jan Arogya Bima:
- Benefits of up to Rs.5,000 per insured person.
- Premiums as low as Rs.70 for adults and Rs.25 for dependents.
- Hospital cover where expenses are reimbursed up to the sum insured when the insured is admitted for in-hospital treatment.
- Pre-hospitalization cover for 30 days before admission in a healthcare installation.
- Post-hospitalization cover for 60 days after treatment completed in hospital.
Tax benefits are available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Applicants should be above 5 years and less than 70 years old when applying for the policy.
- Children between 3 months and 5 years can also be covered subject to one or both parents being covered concurrently.
- Applicant should be a resident Indian citizen.
- Pre-existing diseases.
- Diseases incurred during first 30 days of policy tenure, unless hospitalized due to accident.
- Pregnancy and childbirth related expenses.
- Treatments including cataracts, hysterectomy, hernia, prostatic hypertrophy, piles, fitula of anus, bronchitis, asthma, fibromyoma or menorrhagia etc.
- Psychosomatic or psychiatric disorders.
Renewal of policy is allowed at the discretion of the insurance provider. Renewal can be done at the end of policy tenure.
Also Read: How to File a Claim with Oriental Health?