This plan provides cover to the policyholder in case of medical expenses following hospitalization or domiciliary hospitalization in the following scenarios:
- Sudden illness
- Accidental injury
- Surgery for diseases arising during policy tenure.
Primarily meant for individuals residing in the country, this plan takes care of all healthcare-related expenses accrued by the insured during the policy tenure, which usually lasts for 1 year. Policy can be renewed indefinitely, subject to an upper age limit.
Key features and benefits:
- Cashless hospitalization in network hospitals, reimbursement in non-network hospitals.
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses covered for 30 days and 60 days respectively.
- Room, boarding and nursing expenses up to 1% of sum insured or Rs.5,000, whichever is less.
- ICU expenses up to 2% of sum insured or Rs.10,000, whichever is less.
- Sum insured ranges from Rs.50,000 to Rs.5 lacs.
- Ambulance services, surgeon fees, specialist and consultant fees etc. are covered by the sum insured.
- 10% discount on premium if family members also covered.
- All resident Indian citizens.
- Available for people up to 80 years old.
- Applicants over 45 years old have to submit to medical check-ups before enrolling.
Policyholders can claim tax deductions up to Rs.25,000 on premiums in one year. Senior citizens get deductions up to Rs.30,000. These deductions are applicable under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Pre-existing diseases.
- Expenses incurred during first 30 days since policy inception, unless due to accident.
- Pregnancy and childbirth expenses.
- Treatments such as sinusitis, piles, hernia, hysterectomy, cataract, bronchitis, asthma, psychosomatic or psychiatric disorders etc.
- Policy can be renewed by continuing premium payment on expiry of policy tenure along with filling and submitting the renewal form.
- All pre-existing diseases covered after 4 years of continuous policy renewal.
- Policy renewal is done at the sole discretion of the insurer.
Also Read: How to File a Claim with Oriental Health?