The New India Assurance Company Limited offers a wide range of insurance products to meet the requirements of an extensive customer base, one of which is the Group Mediclaim Policy. This policy provides medical cover for treatment of diseases or illnesses or injuries incurred by individuals during the policy term. This health insurance policy covers all groups that include group of family members or group of employees. It provides cover for hospitalization expenses, nursing expenses, ICU expenses, cost incurred in day care treatments, etc.
Features of Coverage Provided:
- Hospitalisation expenses in case any insured individual contracts any illness or disease
- Surgical / medical treatment at a day-care centre / hospital in India
- Pre-existing diseases / illnesses will not be covered until the proposer has held the policy for a minimum of 48 months
- Nursing, room and boarding expenses availed from the hospital subject to a maximum of 1% of the sum assured per day, or actual, whichever is lower
- ICCU (Intensive Cardiac Care Unit) / ICU (Intensive Care Unit) expenses subject to a maximum of 2% of the sum assured per day, or actual, whichever is lower
- Consultants’ specialist, surgeon, medical practitioner, anaesthetist’s fees
- Oxygen, drugs and medicines, blood, dialysis, anaesthesia, operation theatre charges, chemotherapy, surgical appliances, artificial limbs, radiotherapy, cost of prosthetic devices used during surgical procedures, such as x-ray, pacemaker, diagnostic / relevant laboratory test and other medical expenses associated with the treatment
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses up to 30 days
- Post-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days
- Cataract, subject to a maximum of Rs.24,000
- Expenses borne for unani / homeopathic / ayurvedic treatment subject to a maximum of 25% of the sum assured if the treatment is availed for accidental injuries and disease / illness at government-recognised institutes and / or institutes recognised by National Accreditation Board on Health / Quality Council of India, not including centres for health rejuvenation, massage procedures and spas.
- Ambulance services to the extent of 1% of the sum assured or actual, whichever is lower, but not exceeding Rs.2500 if the patient is transferred from his/her home to the hospital for admission in ICU or Emergency Ward or if the patient is transferred from one hospital to another
- Hospitalisation expenses borne by the donor during organ transplant to the assured individual, not including the cost of organ, subject to a maximum of the sum assured of the assured individual receiving the organ.
*** Please read the policy document of New India Group Mediclaim Policy to know more about the plan. The information included here is indicative only.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: New India Assurance Network Hospitals
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans of 2017
Other Health Insurance Plans from New India Assurance:
- New India Floater Mediclaim Policy
- New India Asha Kiran Policy
- New India Mediclaim 2012 Policy
- New India Mediclaim 2007 Policy
- New India Family Floater Mediclaim Policy
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.