Medisure Prime is a health insurance policy offered by L&T Limited. It is one of the most well-organized health insurance plans that comes with a host of attractive features and service guarantee.
Key highlights of L&T Medisure Prime:
- Concierge service is available on request.
- Provides claim service assurance to ensure that you get claim settlement within 6 hours from the time you have intimated L&T.
- Provides personal case manager in select cities to explain the benefits of the policy and clarify your doubts.
- 24×7 claim assistance service.
- This is a family floater plan.
- Entry age to buy this policy is 18 years. You can buy this policy up to the age of 65 years.
- Children up to the age 18 years can be included under this policy.
- Pre-acceptance medical screening is required if you are above 45 years.
- Sum assured ranges from Rs. 3, 00,000 to Rs. 10,00,000.
- You need to renew your policy within 15 days from the date of expiry of the policy to enjoy the continuity benefits.
- Offers portability benefits that enable you to switch your policy from other insurance providers to L&T.
- Offers affordable premium rates. Premiums vary depending on the age, sum insured, policy tenure, and the zone of cover etc.
- You get double of the basic sum insured in case of critical illness specified in the policy.
- The policy cover the hospitalization expenses incurred during childbirth. Newborn babies can be covered under this policy for 90 days from the date of birth.
- The sum insured in the policy can be reinstated in case the whole amount is used in hospitalization and there is a second need for hospitalization.
- The policy offers a lump sum recovery benefit of Rs.10,000.
- Offers free health check-up every alternate year after consecutive renewal of the policy for two years.
- Unlimited daycare procedures are covered under the policy.
- Donor expenses are covered in case of organ transplantation.
- Ambulance charges are included up to Rs.1500 per hospitalization.
- Offers hospital cash of Rs.1000 per day from the 4th day of hospitalization up to 10 days.
- Includes expenses of accompanying person up to Rs.500 per day from the 4th day of hospitalization up to 10 days.
Value added benefits offered by Medisure Prime:
- The policy has no sub-limits for any of the medical expenses incurred in room rent, surgeon’s fees, operation theatre charges etc.
- You have the choice to renew your policy once in two years by paying lower premiums.
- You can cover up to 4 members of your family including self, wife and two dependent children up to the age of 18 years under the same policy with a single sum insured.
- The policy offers family discount. You can choose individual sum insured for each of your dependent under a single policy.
- Get cumulative bonus by 5% at every renewal followed by a claim free year.
- Get income tax benefits under section 80D of the Indian Tax Act, 1961.
- Offers a free look period of 15 days.
- Lifetime renewability is available.
- No medical screening is required if you are below 45 years.
- Get flexibility in premium payments based on your location. Premiums vary depending on the health care cost applicable in different cities.
Major Exclusions under Medisure Prime:
Mentioned below are a number of medical conditions not covered by Medisure Prime policy:
- Ailments including Cataract, Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, Congenital Internal Diseases, Fistula in Anus, Piles, Hysterectomy for Menorrhagia or Fibromyoma, Hernia, Sinusitis and related disorders are not covered unless the policy is two years old.
- Pre-existing diseases will not be covered for the first 2 years of the policy.
- Disease detected during the first 30 days of from the time of buying the policy will not covered.
- Domiciliary treatment expense.
- Expenses incurred in treating mental disorder, anxiety and.
- Treatment caused by self-injury and attempted suicide.
- Expenses incurred in treating alcohol or drug related complications.
- AIDS or HIV related complications will not be included.
Also Read: How to File a Claim with L&T Health?
Other Health Insurance Plans from L&T
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.