Having a health insurance policy enables you have medical care whenever you need it. With health insurance policies, you don’t have to worry about your medical cost. They provide comprehensive protection against all your major medical expenses at any time. Given the unpredictability of life, it is always better to secure you and your family’s future by buying health insurance policies. These policies enables you to enjoy cashless hospitalization, consultations, nursing, medical check-ups and many more benefits. You can buy these policies by paying a particular amount of money to your insurance provider.
Need of Health Insurance in Kolkata:
Kolkata, being one of the busiest commercial hubs in India, is witnessing a considerable growth of health complications in the recent time. Almost 30 % people in Kolkata are overweight. Apart from obesity, asthma, diabetes, thyroid, lung cancer and the tropical diseases like malaria, dengue - these some of the other health problems that affect the lives of people in Kolkata. Tropical diseases like malaria, dengue are also very common in Kolkata. The city records the highest number of lung cancer cases worldwide. So, the demand for health insurance companies in Kolkata goes up in order to bear the extremely high medical cost. Many popular insurance companies like Bharti AXA General Insurance Company, National Insurance Company, and ICICI Lombard General Insurance have a central presence in Kolkata, providing health insurance for the young adults and the senior citizens.
Best Health Insurance Companies in Kolkata:
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance: This insurance company has a good hospital network in Kolkata including hospitals like Columbia Asia, Ruby General Hospital, Desun Hospital, etc. It has three branches in Kolkata.
- Religare Health Insurance: It has tie up with hospitals like Columbia Asia Hospital, Ruby General Hospital and Desun Hospital in Kolkata. The insurance company has two branches in Kolkata.
- Reliance general Insurance: Its network hospitals include over 4000 hospitals across the country including Columbia Asia Hospital, Ruby General Hospital in Kolkata. It has three branches in Kolkata.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance: It is accepted in hospitals like Columbia Asia, Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, and Ruby General Hospital in Kolkata. It has two branches in Kolkata.
- Future Generali India Insurance: The Company has tie up with hospitals like Columbia Asia Hospital and Desun Hospital in Kolkata. It has one branch in Kolkata.
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance: Columbia Asia Hospital, Desun Hospital, Ruby General Hospital are some of the hospitals in Kolkata which accept this insurance. ICICI Lombard General Insurance has three branches in Kolkata.
- Star Health Insurance: It has one branch in Kolkata having tie up with some of the leading hospitals in Kolkata such as Desun Hospital, Columbia Asia Hospital etc.
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance: It is associated with 117 hospitals in Kolkata. Its network hospitals are Columbia Asia Hospital, AMRI hospital, Ruby General Hospital, Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Fortis Hospitals Limited etc. This insurer has two branches in Kolkata.
- Max Bupa Health insurance: It has one branch in Kolkata. The company has tie up with hospitals like Columbia Asia, Desun Hospital, Ruby General Hospital, etc.
- TTK Health Insurance: It is accepted in hospitals like Disha Eye Hospital & Research Centre, Ruby General Hospital, Desun Hospital, Apollo Gleneagles Hospital and BM Birla Heart Research Centre etc. It has one branch in Kolkata.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.