HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Silver is a unique insurance plan that offers the required coverage at a nominal price. This plan covers all the expenses incurred at the time of hospitalisation. Health Suraksha Silver extends its coverage to day care treatment, pre-hospitalisation expenses, domiciliary treatment, and post-hospitalisation expenses. The company also offers rewards in the form of a renewal bonus if you do not make any claims for an entire year.
Eligibility for HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Silver:
- There is no age limit set for availing this policy.
- Children under the age of 5 are covered only if both of his/her parents are covered under policies of HDFC Ergo.
Features of HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Silver:
- You need not do any medical check-ups to buy this policy if you are less than 45 years old.
- Cashless treatment is offered in all the network hospitals.
- A bonus of 5% on the sum insured is provided for every year you do not make a claim.
- No sub-limits have been set on any disease, doctor fees, and hospital charges.
- If there are 2 or more family members covered under the same policy on an individual sum insured basis, you can avail a family discount of 10% on the premium.
- The policy term can either be 1 year or 2 years based on your preference.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses are covered for 60 days prior to the date of hospitalisation.
- Post-hospitalisation expenses are covered for 90 days after you have been discharged from the hospital.
- This policy also covers day care procedures. You are eligible to receive compensation for 144 day care procedures listed by the company that does not require hospitalisation.
- Before making any claims, there is a waiting period of 30 days under this policy. This, however, does not apply for claims being made due to accidental injuries.
- The policyholder is given a time of 15 days to review terms of the policy. This time is called free-look period.
- Health Suraksha Silver gives the lifelong renewability and can be renewed at any point in your life.
- There is the option of availing cashless treatments from any of the network hospital listed by the insurance company.
- According to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, the amount paid as premium for this policy is eligible for tax benefits.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Silver:
The benefits of this insurance policy have been listed in the following table:
|Hospitalisation Expenses||The coverage provided for hospitalisation expenses in up to the entire sum insured limit.|
|Organ Donor||The policy covers all the cost you may incur at the time of harvesting an organ.|
|Emergency Ambulance||All the expenses incurred due to the use of emergency ambulance can be reimbursed using this policy.|
|AYUSH Benefit||Covers all the expenses in case of in-patient treatment taken under Homeopathy, Sidha, Ayurveda, or Unani.|
|Cumulative Bonus||A bonus of 5% is provided for every claim-free year. This cumulative bonus can go up to a maximum of 50%.|
|Health Checkups||Up to 1% of the sum insured can be used for health checkups after not making any claims for 4 consecutive years. This 1% can be a maximum of Rs.5,000.|
Some of the exclusions under this policy have been listed below:
- Any treatment done in the first 30 days from the date of commencement of the policy. This doesn’t include accidental injuries.
- Any pre-existing health condition before you availed the policy will not be covered for the first 48 months.
- Mental disorders and other treatments related to mental health.
- Expenses incurred from any type of cosmetic treatment.
- Hospitalisation due to war or acts of war.
- Expenses incurred from the treatment of HIV or AIDS.
- Hospitalisation due to the use of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapon of any kind. This includes radiation of any kind.
- Any expenses related to pregnancy and dental treatments.
- There are some exclusions for specific diseases for a period of two years from the date of commencement of the policy.
- Expenses incurred from unproven and investigational treatment.
The insurance company should be intimated before the completion of 7 days from the date of hospitalisation if they wish to make a claim. The company must be informed at least 7 days before the commencement of any treatment, procedure, or consultation. The insurance company should pre-authorise these procedures.
All the documents and reimbursement claims should be submitted to the company before the completion of 15 days from the date of discharge or completion of treatment, whichever is earlier. The insurance company will then pay the reimbursed amount to the policyholder.
Read terms, conditions and exclusions mentioned in the health insurance policy document.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: HDFC ERGO Cashless Network Hospitals
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans
Also Read: How to File a Claim with HDFC ERGO?
Other Health Insurance Plans from HDFC ERGO Health Insurance:
- HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold
- HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Silver Regain and ECB
- HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Top Up
- HDFC ERGO Critical Illness
- HDFC ERGO Critical Illness Platinum
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.