Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd is a joint venture between India-based Bharti Enterprises and AXA, which is a global insurance firma world leader in financial protection. The joint venture company has a 74% stake from Bharti and 26% stake of the AXA Group. The organization commenced national operations in August 2008 and currently has 59 branch offices across the country. It is the first organization in the general insurance industry to receive dual certifications of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 within the first year of operations in 2009 and subsequently the certification has been renewed in 2012 for further 3 years.
BHARTI AXA Health Insurance at a Glance
Total members covered
Coverage for a maximum of 4 family members with up to 2 adults and 2 children
Pre and Post Hospitalization cover
Medical expenses covered for 30 days before your hospitalization and 60 days for post hospitalization for related medical expenses
After every block of four claim-free years of your policy with us, 1% of the sum insured will be provided towards the cost of the health check-up.
Critical Factors of the Plan
Life long renewable
Policies offer lifetime renewability feature
Any pre-existing condition will be covered after a waiting period of 4 year
Unlimited room rent (on selected health plans)
Additional Features of BHARTI AXA Health Insurance
5% renewal discount every year maximum up to 25% on a progressive scale
Cashless hospitalization at 4500+ hospitals across India
Bharti AXA General Insurance Highlights Updated on 17 Mar 2018
|Waiting Period for Pre-existing Disease||4 years|
|Incurred Claims Ratio||86.84%|
|Number of Policies Issued||21692|
*For Year 2016-2017
Overview of Bharti AXA Health Insurance:
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd, is a company that is known for floating robust insurance products including Health Insurance, is a strategic joint venture between Bharti Enterprises (74%) and AXA (26%). The former is one of the leading and well known business conglomerates in India while the latter is a global leader in financial protection and wealth management. In India, Bharti AXA General Insurance started operations in August 2008 and currently boasts of 59 corporate branch offices across the country with the distinction of being the first company in the competitive Indian general insurance scene to receive the ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 certifications in its first year of operation. A remarkable achievement that highlights Bharti AXA’s commitment to quality, customer relationships and simplification of the claims process to emerge as a truly preferred brand.
Health Insurance Plans from Bharti AXA General Insurance:
Bharti AXA has various Health Insurance plans that are packaged keeping in mind the insurance needs of different customers. Following are some of the health insurance schemes offered by Bharti AXA –
✔Bharti Axa Smart Health Insurance Policy
✔Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance Policy
✔Bharti Axa Smart Health Critical Illness Insurance Plan
✔Bharti AXA Smart Personal Accident Insurance Plan
Let’s look at some of the basic features of all these plans in detail and how are they beneficial with respect to the benefits that they offer.
Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance Policy:
This Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance policy keeps you covered against all expenses incurred in case of a hospitalisation. The policy has a few extremely beneficial features like tax exemption on paid premiums, renewal discounts ranging from 5% to 25% for every consecutive claim-free year, and free health check-ups once in four years. Here is a detailed list of all the features of this health insurance policy by Bharti AXA –
|Entry Age/Eligibility||91 days – 65 years (For Family Floater, this policy can cover a maximum of four family members comprising you, your spouse and two dependent children (over 90 days old and up to 23 years of age)|
|Policy Period||12 months|
|Medical Screening||As mentioned in the policy brochure|
|Basis||Individual or Family Floater|
|Sum Assured||Rs.3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50 or 60 lakhs(Chosen coverage can be enhance at renewal) , Double the insurance coverage in case of critical illness|
Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance Plan:
The Smart Super Health Insurance Plan from Bharti AXA Health Insurance comes in three variants – the Value Plan, the Classic Plan, and the Uber Plan. Thus, you can choose an optimum sum insured amount as per your choice of the plan variant. The Smart Super Health Insurance Plan from Bharti AXA covers the policyholder’s hospitalisation expenses and also offers a range of other added benefits. A few features specific to this plan are listed in the table below: –
|Entry Age/Eligibility||As per policy brochure)|
|Basis||Individual or Family Floater|
Bharti AXA Smart Health Critical Illness Insurance:
As the name itself suggests, this insurance scheme by Bharti AXA is focused primarily on providing insurance benefits to people against any form of critical illness. The scheme Bharti Axa Smart Health Critical Illness Insurance aims to benefit you in terms of providing you a cover against expenses that you may have to incur due to being diagnosed with a critical illness. This policy benefits are available on an indemnity basis or as a lump sum benefit payout. The table below captures the major highlights of this health insurance plan from Bharti AXA.
|Entry Age/Eligibility||91 days – 65 years Family floater cover can be purchased for self, spouse, and two children up to 23 years of age|
|Policy Period||12 months|
|Medical Screening||Up to 50% of the pre-policy medical screening expenses will be reimbursed by the insurer|
|Basis||Individual or Family Floater|
|Sum Assured||Rs.2 lakh, Rs.3 lakh, and Rs.5 lakh. Sum insured can be enhanced only at the time of renewal.|
|Coverage||The policy covers hospitalization and medical expenses pertaining to the following twenty listed illnesses –
Bharti AXA Smart Individual Personal Accident Insurance:
This insurance scheme by Bharti AXA is one smart policy that insures you and your loved ones against any accident that might result in disability or death of the insured person. Here are a few important features of this Bharti Axa Smart Individual Personal Accident Insurance policy.
|Entry Age/Eligibility||Any Indian resident over the age of 18 years|
|Sum Assured||Rs.10 lakh, Rs.20 lakh, and Rs.30 lakh. Sum insured can be enhanced at the time of renewing one’s policy.|
Inclusions- Incidents Covered by the Policy:
- Medical conditions like dialysis, chemotherapy, eye surgery, lithotripsy or any other similar conditions that do not require hospitalization beyond 24 hours. These fall under the domain of ‘Day Care Treatments’ as undertaken by a hospital.
- Disease or injury that requires domiciliary hospitalization (medical intervention and rest at home) that exceeds 3 days.
- Critical illnesses as listed here- First heart attack, Cancer, Coronary artery disease & bypass surgery, Kidney failure, Terminal lung disease or liver failure, Bacterial meningitis, Terminal illness, Stroke, Major organ or bone marrow transplant, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Fulminant Hepatitis, Coma, Major burns, Motor neurone disease, Primary pulmonary hypertension, Heart valve surgery, Surgery to Aorta and Aplastic anemia.
*Note: Inclusions listed above are included as part of different products and are subject to the insurer's terms & conditions.
- The expenses incurred for hospitalization as a result of diseases or illnesses afflicted within 30 days of the inception of the policy. Kindly note that this clause isn’t applicable for any of the subsequent policy renewals.
- The following medical conditions aren’t covered by the policy in the first two years from the point of inception-
- Cataract and/or laser surgery.
- Dilation & curettage.
- Replacement of joints- unless the injury was caused by accident.
- Chronic renal failure that requires dialysis.
- Myomectomy, Hysterectomy unless because of malignancy.
- Sex change or similar treatments, circumcision.
- Dental procedures.
- Hernia, Hydrocele, fistula in anus, sinusitis, haemorrhoids/piles.
- Procedures relation to birth, pregnancy and fertility- Birth control, Hormone replacement therapy, Caesarean section, operations relating to fertility or conception.
- Gastric and duodenal erosions & ulcers.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and related diseases.
- Routine examination of eyes and ear. The subsequent cost of spectacles.
- All types of skin conditions, internal tumours, cysts, nodules, polyps including breast lumps (unless diagnosed as malignant).
*Note: This is a general list of exclusions, and maybe part of different products. Exclusions will vary as per the plan type, and are subject to the insurer's terms and conditions.
Additional Perks offered by Bharti AXA Health Insurance:
- Renewal Discount- For every claim free year, you get a 5% discount on the subsequent renewal premium, to a maximum of 25% on the progressive scale.
- Tax Benefits- Premium paid is subject to income tax benefits per Section 80(D) of the Income Tax Act.
- Health Check Ups- Under certain health insurance plans offered by the insurer, health check-ups can be availed by policyholders after completion of a certain period of time.
- Pre- Policy Health Check Up- If you are required to undergo a health check-up before the policy is approved, the expenses for such a check-up will be borne by the company, up to the limits specified in the policy brochure. However, if your policy is declined then the cost of the said check-up will be deducted before refunding your premium.
- No Strings Attached Free-Look Period- If you aren’t satisfied with the terms and conditions laid out under the policy, you can cancel the policy within 15 days from date of purchasing the policy. In such a case, your premium will be refunded to you while deducting any expenses incurred for medical check-ups or stamp duty charges. This option isn’t available for subsequent renewals of the policy.
- Policy Servicing- The procured health insurance policy will be serviced by an appointed Third Party Administrator (TPA) who would be responsible for providing, amongst other things, cashless facility for hospitalization in network hospitals.
- Reimbursement of Medical Examination Costs- If the proposal is accepted, the company shall reimburse up to 50% of the cost of a medical examination undertaken by the insured person at a designated hospital or diagnostic facility.
- Portability- The insured can migrate from their existing health insurance policy at the time of renewal, provided the current policy has been maintained without any breaks pertaining to the payment of policy premiums.
In Summation- A comprehensive, complete, scalable and robust health insurance policy, this offering from Bharti AXA Health Insurance is definitely worth a look. With a clear track record of claims settlements and constant improvements in their modus operandi, Bharti AXA has rightfully earned its tag as one of the most progressive insurance companies in India. Check them out TODAY!
Bharti AXA General Insurance Customer Care:
Bharti AXA General Insurance is one of India’s leading general insurance provider which currently offers a wide selection of more than 50 products for the retail, commercial, and rural segment. The firm was founded following a partnership between Bharti Enterprises of India with AXA Business Group. The firm currently offers insurance products like two-wheeler insurance, car insurance, health insurance, third-party motor liability insurance, and travel insurance, among others.
Besides offering well-appointed insurance solutions, Bharti AXA is also known to provide stellar customer care service to all its customers. The company has established a dedicated customer service phone helpline on which people can contact the representatives for policy-related issues and queries. These helpline numbers can be used by not only existing Bharti AXA customers, but also those who wish to enquire about the policies offered by the company. There are special helpline numbers set up for various types of policy related requests like purchase of insurance, renewal of insurance, registering a grievance, and for making a claim. Customers can also get in touch with the support staff at Bharti AXA via email, and visit the website for more information. In addition to the online network, customers can also write in to the company’s customer support team by writing in at the registered address.
Know More About: Bharti AXA General Insurance Customer Care Number
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Network Hospitals:
Medical emergencies can occur at the unexpected of times. It is important to have a health cover that will provide financial protection in your hour of need. Bharti AXA Health Insurance has partnered with over 4,500 hospitals across India where individuals with a Bharti AXA Health Insurance policy can avail cashless treatment. To locate a network hospital in your area, select your state and place of residence from the drop-down box on the Network Hospital Locator tool, on the insurer’s official website. Upon doing so, you will immediately get a list of network hospitals with contact details.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: Bharti AXA Health Insurance Network Hospitals
How to File a Claim with Bharti AXA?
Bharti AXA has a dedicated claims handler to help make the claim settlement process hassle-free.
Cashless Claim: Visit a network hospital of the insurer to avail cashless treatment. Intimate the insurer within 24 hours of unplanned hospitalisation and 4 days prior to your planned hospitalisation.
- Display your health card at the network hospital help desk.
- The hospital will verify your identity details and submit a duly-filled and signed pre-authorisation request form to the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) of the insurer.
- After verification of the pre-authorisation request, the TPA will send an approval letter to the network hospital.
- The hospital will proceed with the cashless treatment for the insured member. The insurer will settle the bill directly with the hospital.
- If the cashless claim is denied, the insured member can get treated and file for a reimbursement claim after discharge.
Reimbursement Claim: In the case of hospitalisation in a non-network hospital, intimate the insurer within 48 hours of emergency hospitalisation.
- Proceed with the treatment and pay the hospital bills. After discharge, collect all the original documents such as discharge summary, prescription, medical bills, hospital bills, pharmacy bills, etc.
- Submit a reimbursement claim form along with the original medical documents to the insurer.
- Upon successful verification and approval, the claim amount will be sent to the insured within 21 days of receipt of the documents.
- If the claim is denied, a rejection letter will be sent along with the reason for rejection to the insured.
Also Read: How to File a Claim with Bharti AXA?
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans of 2017
Bharti AXA Health Insurance FAQs:
What are the advantages of Bharti AXA Health Insurance over other such policies?
Here are a few main highlights of the Bharti AXA Health Insurance policies –
- Holistic hospitalization expense coverage
- Domiciliary Hospitalization resulting in treatment at home rather than hospitals
- Day care treatment is covered
- Expenses pertaining to pre and post hospitalization
- Pre-existing diseases get covered after 5th year of policy renewal
How is Bharti AXA Health Insurance different from other insurance policies?
Bharti AXA offers 360 degree coverage of medical expenses, ranging from hospitalization to diagnostics to medicine and other incidental expenses.
What is meant by TPA?
TPA are Third Part Administrators that are designated by the parent insurance company to cover all zones in terms of insurance services.
What are the major exclusions in the Bharti AXA Health Insurance Policy?
Major exclusions for which Bharti AXA Health Insurance is not applicable are as listed below-
- Pre-existing diseases
- Any Critical illness within 30 days of taking the policy
- Treatment of Hernia, Cataract, Fistula, Dilation, Curettage, Myomectomy, Joint Replacement surgeries and so on. These exclusions however, do not hold true in case of continuous renewals of policy after a certain period of time
- Routine eye, ear examinations. Cost of lens, spectacles etc.
- Prostheses, Corrective devices, hearing aids etc.
- Naturopathy Treatment
- Primary Diagnostic charges like x-ray, CT-scan etc.
However, you must keep in mind that exclusions vary from plan to plan.
What is claim settlement ratio?
Claim settlement ratio is the number of claims settled by an insurance company as against the total number of claims received in a particular year.
Is cashless facility available?
Yes. A health card will be provided to you for using it when you need to avail cashless facility at partner hospitals.
How much insurance cover do I need?
Your insurance coverage depends upon a number of factors like age, way of life, city of residence, yearly income etc.
What is the ideal age to get health insurance?
A health insurance should be availed as soon as possible so as to avoid any medical emergency that may arise anytime and anywhere. Health Insurance takes care of hefty expenses that are made in case a sudden serious medical mishap strikes.
I have a Health Insurance scheme from my Employer, do I still need a personal Health Insurance policy?
Yes. Since the Employer provided policy is non-transferrable, you might face issues when you change your job. Also, medical records are maintained more efficiently in case a single health insurance policy is continued. Hence, it is advised to have a private policy too in addition with the company provided insurance scheme.
Is maternity/pregnancy covered as a part of Bharti AXA Health Insurance Schemes?
Maternity benefits may be covered as per the inclusion criteria of your plan.
Can the sum-insured be changed?
Yes. It can be changed on policy renewal at the end of annual terms.
What is the maximum age of an applicant?
The maximum age at entry will differ according to the plan type. Make sure to check the policy’s eligibility criteria for more information.
What are the documents required for applying for Bharti AXA Health Insurance?
A few basic documents like age proof, ID proof, and residence proof is required at the time of purchasing the policy. In some cases, a medical examination too may be required.
How is a floater policy beneficial?
A floater policy covers all family members including spouse and children as well as dependents and hence it is quite useful.
Who decides the insurance premium that is to be paid?
The premium amount is fixed on the basis of several factors, including your sum insured, age at entry, type of policy, add-ons opted for, etc.
What are the minimum and maximum sum insured?
The minimum and maximum sum insured for various plans are different. Thus, make sure to opt for a policy with an optimum level of sum insured that will meet your needs.
Will the policy provide coverage if I avail hospital services abroad?
No. This scheme is valid only in India and not anywhere abroad.
Are day care treatments covered under this scheme?
Only those day care treatments that have been made fast due to technological advancements are covered under this insurance policy. However, make sure to consult the list of inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy brochure.
Examples of Network Hospitals in Major Cities
|CITY||NAME OF HOSPITAL|
|DELHI||MONGA MEDICAL CENTRE|
|MUMBAI||ASHIRWAD HEART HOSPITAL|
|KOLKATA||RUBY GENERAL HOSPITAL LIMITED|
|BANGALORE||M. S. RAMAIAH MEMORIAL HOSPITAL|
|CHENNAI||SRI RAMACHANDRA MEDICAL CENTRE|