This health insurance plan protects a person from unforeseen emergencies by covering medical expenses. The plan coverage is offered on individual sum insured basis and offers an add-on coverage for listed critical illnesses. Easy Health for Young is a health insurance plan offered by Apollo Munich. It covers maternity expenses, recovery benefits and one can also avail health check-up benefits at every fourth renewal irrespective of the claims made by the individual.
Features & Benefits – Easy Health for Young
5 years- 65 years.
A dependent child is covered from the 91st day that is if either one of the parents is covered under this policy.
1 or 2 years.
7.5% discount is offered if the 2 year policy period is opted for.
- Lifelong renewability.
- Grace period of 30 days is available for renewing the policy.
- Renewal premium is subject to change with approval from IRDA, which will be intimidated to the policy holder 3 month in advance.
- Individual coverage basis
- Individuals and their family members are eligible for the cover; family members being spouse, dependent children, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents and grandchildren.
- A family discount of 2% is applicable if 2 members of the family are covered and 10% if 3 or more family members are covered.
- Maximum of 6 members can be added in a single policy. In an individual policy a maximum of 4 adults and 5 children can be included.
Rs.3 Lakhs to Rs.50 Lakhs.
Get 7.5% additional discount if you buy a 2 year plan.
- Medical expenses for hospitalization of more than 24 hours.
- Expenses incurred due to illness 60 days prior to hospitalization.
- Medical expenses 90 days post after the discharge.
- 144 day care procedures that are enlisted which do not require the patient to be hospitalised.
- Domiciliary treatment that are done at home.
- Treatment expenses for the organ donor during the transplant.
- Ambulance service coming up to Rs.2,000 that is used on the way to the hospital for hospitalization.
- Daily cash is provided for the shared accommodation at the hospital.
- If the adult is accompanying the insured child during hospitalization, daily cash is paid.
- For the new born baby, the policy gives the policy holder an option to cover from day 1 till the baby is 90 days old.
- Both pre and post maternity expenses are covered.
- Medical expenses for inpatient treatment under Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy.
- Policyholder who has taken a policy for sum insured Rs.15 lakhs and above can enjoy a lump sum recovery benefit of Rs.10,000.
- Health check-up for the policyholders is conducted once at the end of a 3 year continuous policy period. It is up to 1% of the sum insured.
- Critical illness such as cancer, coronary artery surgery, first heart attack, kidney failure, major organ transplant, multiple sclerosis, paralysis and stroke is covered if you opt for the additional cover. The sum insured is either 50% or 100% of the basic sum insured the minimum being Rs,1,00,000 and the maximum being Rs.10,00,000.
- Policyholder will get a 10% Cumulative Bonus for every claim-free year. In case of a claim, 10% Cumulative Bonus will be reduced from the sum insured on the next renewal.
- Policy holder can obtain cashless service if they get a pre-authorization for the planned admissions, they need to obtain it 48 hours prior to the admission. Any emergency admission can be notified within 24 hours.
- Sum insured can be enhanced at the time of renewal.
- Policy holder can shift from other company’s health insurance to Apollo Munich on renewal.
Avail tax benefits for the premium amount under Section 80D of Income Tax Act.
Stay Healthy Program:
This program is offered for policies with sum insured that is greater than Rs.5Lakhs.
- Online health assessment.
- Avail diet and exercise plan from experts.
- Store your medical reports on an e-storage facility which is accessible for 24 hours.
- Discounts and offers on health products and services.
- Set alerts to track your medicinal intake and health appointments.
- Health newsletters and helpline services.
- Except for accidental injury all the other treatments within the first 30 days are not covered.
- Pre-existing conditions will be covered only after the 3 year waiting period.
- There is a 2 year waiting period for cataract, hernia, joint replacement surgery, surgery of hydrocele etc.
- Expenses arising from AIDS and HIV related diseases.
- Mental disorder, cosmetic surgery, congenital diseases and weight control treatments.
- Expenses from abuse of drugs and alcohol is not covered.
- The policy excludes hospitalization due to war or due to nuclear, chemical or biological weapon and radiation.
- Unless specified pregnancy, dental treatment, external aids and appliances are not covered.
93% of the policies are issued within 7 working days. And over 90% of the time the cashless authorization is done within 2 hours of the intimation. The average claims are settled in 30 days, if it is a clear case then it is settled in 15 days.
Disclaimer: Please read and check the details of the policy to see if it meets all your requirements.
Other Health Insurance Plans from Apollo Munich
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.