The Group Activ Health plan is a variant of the group insurance products offered by the private insurance firm, Aditya Birla Health. With this unique offering, Aditya Birla Health maintains its commitment to promote the physical well-being of individuals apart from providing a financial cover for medical calamities. Irrespective of the plans, all policyholders can take advantage of a wellness coach who will provide guidance for achieving fitness goals. Aditya Birla Health places the health of its consumers at the heart of its health insurance products making it different from other health insurance providers.
As the name suggests, the Group Active Health plan is a group insurance health plan which means that it provides coverage for members of a group. A group can be members of a society, professionals in a common group, and employees working for the same company, etc. A group health insurance plan is mostly included in the compensation benefits offered to an employee on joining an organisation. Group health insurance policies are uniform in nature which means that the same benefits can be enjoyed by all the members of the group or employees. Most employers extend the coverage under a group health insurance plan to the family members of an employee. Group insurance plans can be highly beneficial for people who cannot afford individual health plans.
Advantages of a Group Health Insurance Plan:
- There is no waiting period for a group health insurance plan, even for critical illnesses like diabetes, asthma, heart ailments, etc. and the insured individual is provided coverage from day one of enrolment.
- Even maternity benefits are available to be reaped from day one of the enrolment.
- The policyholder need not undergo any medical checkup or submit medical reports to be covered under the group insurance plan.
- Under a group insurance plan, the status of an individual is not taken into account. This means that an individual who is prone to diseases can avail benefits of a health plan at affordable premium rates. Insurers usually charge high premium rates for high-risk individuals.
- Buying an individual health insurance could become a costly affair for some and for those individuals, a group insurance health plan can come in handy when medical exigencies strike.
- Group health insurance plans are crucial for safeguarding the health of members of a group.
- Family members are also offered coverage under a group insurance health plan. This will reduce the financial burden of the policyholder because otherwise, he/she has to pay premiums for individual health policies.
Features and Benefits of Group Activ Health Plan:
As stated above, the Group Activ Health plan provides a comprehensive coverage for members of a group. It can be customised by the employer or the insurance provider to meet the needs of its group members. Below are the benefits and features offered by the plan:
- Provides coverage for pre and post-hospitalisation expenses, ambulance charges, room rent, doctor’s fee, etc.
- Expenses for daycare treatments are also covered under the plan.
- Maternity-related expenses are offered cover from day one of enrolment under the Group Activ Health plan.
- There is no waiting period for critical illnesses like hypertension, asthma, diabetes, heart ailments, etc.
- For major critical illnesses, a second opinion of specialist medical practitioners are available through an online medium.
- Settlement of claims will be provided through a cashless facility where the hospital bills will be directly settled by the insurance provider, in this case, Aditya Birla Health. The cashless facility can only be availed at network hospitals.
- The documentation involved in enrolling in a Group Activ Health plan is simple and hassle-free.
- Insurance coverage is provided for pre-existing illnesses as well.
- There is an option of availing the benefits of a wellness coach who will guide policyholders towards a sustained healthy behaviour.
- Different optional covers are available for policyholders as per their health needs.
- Under the Group Activ Health plan, the policyholder is eligible for a free health checkup every year.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation is also covered under the plan and includes attendant charges and medicine costs.
- Like in most group health insurance plans, there is no need for the policyholder to take a medical checkup or produce medical reports.
- Daily hospital cash allowance will be given in case the policyholder is admitted to a hospital and the amount can range from Rs.500 to Rs.5,000.
- Choice of hospital rooms is also given to the policyholder.
- Aditya Birla Health has a broad coverage of network hospitals to ensure high accessibility to hospitals.
- Any premium paid towards the Group Activ Health plan is eligible for availing tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The Group Activ Health plan can be an ideal health insurance partner for both the buyer and the beneficiary which in the case of organisations are employers and employees, respectively.