In order to ensure that the citizens residing in the state of Goa are insured for medical and hospitalisation expenses, the Government of Goa has rolled out the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana. All residents of Goa, who have resided in the state for 5 years or more are eligible for this scheme. The Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana gives the residents of Goa the privilege of receiving quality healthcare services from both government and listed private hospitals in the state for surgical, medical, and hospitalisation expenses. The Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana offers health insurance coverage between Rs.2.5 lakh and Rs.4 lakh, depending on the number of family members. That said, at no point will the health insurance coverage exceed Rs.4 lakh. Residents of Goa covered under the scheme have the benefit of the cashless facility in Government and listed private hospitals. The policy premium is either Rs.200 or Rs.300, also depending on the number of family members that will be insured under the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana.
Eligibility criteria of the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana:
Listed below is the eligibility criteria of the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana as set by the Government of Goa:
- All citizens of Goa that have been residing for than 5 years in the state are eligible to receive the benefits of the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana health insurance scheme.
- All Central as well as State Government officials that are already covered by the government medical reimbursement module are not eligible to receive benefits from the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana health insurance scheme.
Documents required for the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana:
Listed below are the documents that residents of Goa have to submit when enrolling for the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana:
- Aadhaar card.
- Enrollment acknowledgement slip.
- Proof of residence (only if has been issued 5 years ago) - Passport, Voter ID card, Driving license, etc.
- Ration card.
- Income certificate proving that the income is less than 6 lakh per annum in the case of OBC category.
- Caste certificate that has been issued by the Directorate of Tribal Welfare/Deputy Collector for those who belong to the SC/ST.
- Disability certificate if the individual is differently abled.
Registration and annual renewal premium charges for the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana
Listed below is the annual renewal and registration charges of the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana, depending on certain conditions:
- Rs.200 for a family or 3 or less members.
- Rs.300 for a family of 4 or less members.
- For individuals and families belonging to the OBC category, SC/ST, and differently abled individuals, they will receive a concession of 50% of the premium of the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana.
Hospitals listed under the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana:
Listed below are the hospitals listed under the Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana based on which district it is located in:
|South Goa||Apollo victor hospital|
|North Goa||Campal Clinic|
|North Goa||Gauns Child care Hospital, NICU & Premature Care Unit|
|South Goa||Grace Intensive Cardiac Care Centre And General Hospital|
|South Goa||Pai Hospital|
|South Goa||Usgaonkar's Children Hospital, Clinic and NICU|
|North Goa||Goa Medical College Hospital|
|South Goa||Hospicio Hospital|
|South Goa||Mother Care Multi-Speciality Hospital|
For families with 3 members or less, they will receive a health insurance coverage of Rs.2.5 lakh per annum and for families with 4 or more members, they will receive a health insurance sum assured of Rs.4 lakh. The sum assured could be either individually or as a collective and at no point will exceed Rs.4 lakh.