Launched on 21 January 2018, the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang health cover is an initiative by the Government of Manipur to give residents of the state the privilege of getting financial cover for secondary and tertiary hospitalisation in the case of listed critical ailments. Widows, those disabled, with AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) cards, and those who fall under the SECC (Socio Economic and Caste Census) category will receive an annual sum assured of Rs.2 lakh per family. Supported by the Government of India, the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang health cover will give those eligible the privilege of the cashless facility following treatment undertaken at the listed public or private hospital.
Eligibility of the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang:
Listed below are the eligibility criteria for the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang health cover:
- All residents of the state that are below the poverty line and fall under the SECC category are eligible for the health insurance cover.
- Widows, those with AAY cards, and disabled in the state can also receive the benefits of the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tenbang.
Enrollment for the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang:
Those eligible for the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang will have to follow the enrollment process to get the benefits of the health insurance cover:
- A day or two prior to the enrollment drive, an Asha worker will intimate the family members eligible for the scheme.
- Those eligible for the scheme will have to submit the following documents for identity and address verification - Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, any document that has been issued by a recognised education institute of the state, PAN card, Ration Card, etc.
- For the process to carry on, all beneficiaries have to be physically present at the enrollment center.
- Following verification of the applicants for the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang, the beneficiary and his/her family will receive a unique CMHT - Manipur health card. The card will have a unique identification number.
- On the card, all the details and names of the family members will be printed.
- To complete the process, the beneficiary will have to pay a fee of Rs.50 per family for the health card. However, if the beneficiary is a widow, is disabled, or has an AAY card, then no enrollment fees will be taken.
Documents required for the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang:
When enrolling for the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang, the applicant and his/her family will have to submit the below-listed documents:
- Proof of identification and address - Aadhaar card, Driving License, Passport, Ration Card, etc.
- Proof of eligibility - SECC card, AAY card, medical certificate proving disability, and income certificate issued by the Deputy Commissioner.
- The applicants of the scheme have to submit a copy of their Aadhaar card.
Benefits of the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang:
Listed below are some of the key benefits of the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang:
- Using the CMHT - Manipur health card, the beneficiary will receive the privilege of the cashless facility for coverage of treatments. For general ailments, the cashless facility will be up to Rs.50,000, while for critical ailments, the cashless facility at all listed hospitals will be possible up to Rs.2 lakh - including daily and travel allowance.
- The maximum health insurance cover under the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang is Rs.2 lakh per family on the family floater basis.
- From the sum assured of Rs.2 lakh, Rs.50,000 can be used for primary and secondary treatments at the listed hospitals. The whole sum assured of Rs.2 lakh, will be forwarded to the listed hospital in the case of a critical ailment.
- Beneficiaries are granted transport allowance up to Rs.300 per visit and a total ceiling allowance of Rs.3,000 per year which is inclusive in the sum assured of Rs.2 lakh.
- The scheme allows to cover for the air ticket or train ticket for the beneficiary plus one.
- If the beneficiary is receiving treatment outside Manipur, a daily allowance of Rs.1,000 will be provided which is limited to Rs.10,000. This too will be inclusive in the total sum assured of Rs.2 lakh.
Listed hospitals of the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang:
Beneficiaries enrolled under the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang can receive the benefit of the cashless facility up to the sum assured p.a. from any of the listed hospitals in the state as mentioned below:
|Imphal West||Sky Hospital & Research Centre|
|Imphal West||Raj Medicity|
|Imphal West||Shija Hospitals|
|Thoubal-Kakching District||Jivan Hospital|
|Chandel District||Chandel District Hospital|
|Imphal East||JNIMS Hospital|
|Churachandpur District||Churachandpur District Hospital|
|Ukhrul District||Ukhrul District Hospital|
|RIMS Imphal West District||RIMS Hospital|
|Bishnupur District||Bishnupur District Hospital|
|Thoubal East District||Thoubal District Hospital|
|Imphal West District||Tamenglong District Hospital|
|Senapati District||Senapati District Hospital|
For any doubt, clarification, or grievance regarding the health cover from the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang and the cashless facility and empanelled hospitals, the beneficiary can contact the customer care of the scheme at 1800 103 2015.