Petrol Prices in Telangana
Checking petrol prices is enormously important before you fuel your vehicles. It is because petrol prices unlike before keep fluctuating more often in all parts of Telangana, which is a newly formed south Indian state. Since 16 June 2017, the petrol price is getting revised on a daily basis under the fuel pricing mechanism called ‘dynamic fuel pricing’. After the daily revision on 7 November 2017, petrol was sold at Rs.63.29 per litre. The price includes crude oil prices, taxes and the exchange rate.
Petrol Price in Hyderabad
Let’s take the three major cities in Telangana in order to make a comprehensive study. In Hyderabad, the capital city of Telangana, the fuel was sold more than Rs.73.30 per litre since the beginning of November 2017. In the previous month, which is October 2017, the fuel was sold at the highest rate of Rs.75.06 per litre whereas the lowest price was Rs.72.28 per litre.
Petrol Prices in Warangal and Karimnagar
Warangal is the second largest city in Telangana. After the daily revision on 6 November 2017, the petrol price in the city was Rs.73.54 per litre. On 24 October 2017, the fuel price was Rs.72.76 per litre that increased to Rs.72.76 on 30 October 2017. On 16 October 2017, the fuel was sold at Rs.71.93 per litre whereas on 24 October 2017 the fuel was priced at Rs.72.26 per litre. In Karimnagar, the fifth largest city, the fuel was Rs.73.93 per litre on 6 November 2017 after the daily revision. In all the three major cities in Telangana, the fuel rate was almost the same.
State Levies on Petrol
Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell has recently released data on 04 October 2017. According to reports, the state VAT levied on petrol was 35.20% in Telangana. In Karnataka, it was 30%. In Tamil Nadu, it was 34%. Similarly, the state VAT levied on the fuel was 26.87% in West Bengal. In Uttar Pradesh, it was 32.90%. In Maharashtra, the state VAT was 47.94%, which was the highest.
Quarterly Petrol Price Trend in Telangana between January and March 2019
|Opening date price||Rs.72.97/litre||Rs.75.21/litre||Rs.76.17/litre|
|Closing date price||Rs.75.46/litre||Rs.76.06/litre||Rs.77.24/litre|
|Highest price||Rs.75.65/litre recorded between 22nd and 28th||Rs.76.06/litre recorded on 28th||Rs.77.29/litre recorded on 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th|
|Lowest price||Rs.72.64/litre recorded on 4th, 5th and 6th||Rs.74.56/litre recorded on 11th, 12th and 13th||Rs.76.17/litre recorded on 1st, 2nd and 3rd|
Quarterly Petrol Price Trend in Telangana Between October and December 2018
|Opening date price||Rs.88.85 a litre||Rs.84.19 a litre||Rs.76.98 a litre|
|Closing date price||Rs.84.38 a litre||Rs.77.35 a litre||Rs.72.97 a litre|
|Highest price||Rs.89.11 a litre booked on the 4 October 2018||Rs.84.19 a litre booked on the 1 November 2018||Rs.76.98 a litre booked on the 1 December 2018|
|Lowest Price||Rs.84.38 a litre booked on 30 and 31 October 2018||Rs.77.35 a litre booked on the 30 November 2018||Rs.72.97 a litre booked on the 31 December 2018|
Petrol Price Trend in Telangana Between October and December 2018
- Like diesel, petrol prices are revised daily by State-owned Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) under the ‘Dynamic Fuel Pricing’ mechanism, which considers the 14-day average crude oil prices as well as the rupee-dollar exchange rate.
- Based on this method, the petrol price in Telangana on 1 October stood at Rs.88.85 per litre, a record high on the back of the rising crude oil prices.
- Prices continued to rise significantly when it recorded the highest price of Rs.89.11 per litre on 4 October.
- Petrol recorded the lowest price the next day as excise duty of Rs.1.50 per litre was cut by the Centre, while it asked oil firms to reduce Rs.1 per litre under fuel subsidy.
- While prices increased after 5 October, towards the end of the month, petrol rates in Telangana dropped marginally.
- Overall, the petrol price trend in Telangana declined by 5.03% attributed to the fall in crude oil prices as well as to the cut in excise duty on fuel.
- On 1 November, petrol was priced Rs.84.19 per litre in Telangana, which was also the highest recorded price of the month.
- The incline in oil prices was influenced by the trade war between the US and China as well as after the US pulled out of the Iran Nuclear Deal, which led to a shortage in oil supply.
- While oil prices were on the decline this month, it was not on par with the start of the year, which kept fuel prices on record highs.
- By the end of the month, petrol recorded an 8.13% decline in prices influenced by the sharp fall in crude oil prices in the international market.
- The petrol price in Noida on 1 December stood at Rs.76.98 per litre, a record high for the month in the city.
- Crude oil prices declined to trade around $56 per barrel, down from four-year record high of $80 per barrel early October.
- This prompted fuel prices in India to decline when a litre of petrol in Telangana stood at Rs.72.97 per litre on 31 December.
- By the end of the month, the petrol price trend in Telangana declined by 5.21% impacted by the sharp fall in crude oil rates as well as due to the marginal appreciation of the Indian currency over the US dollar.
Quarterly Petrol Price Trend in Telangana between July and September 2018
|Opening date price||Rs.80.03 a litre||Rs.80.90 a litre||Rs.83.30 a litre|
|Closing date price||Rs.80.94 a litre||Rs.83.30 a litre||Rs.88.32 a litre|
|Highest price||Rs.81.51 a litre recorded on the 14th||Rs.83.30 a litre recorded on the 31st||Rs.88.32 a litre recorded on the 28th, 29th and 30th|
|Lowest Price||Rs.80.03 a litre recorded on the 1st||Rs.80.90 a litre recorded on the 1st||Rs.83.30 a litre recorded on the 1st|
Petrol Price Trend in Telangana in July 2018
- Fuel prices in Telangana are revised daily by State-run Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) based on the dynamic fuel pricing mechanism which takes into account the global crude oil price and the exchange rate of the Indian currency over the U.S. dollar.
- The petrol price in Hyderabad, the capital city of Telangana, on the 1st of July stood at Rs.80.03 per litre - the lowest price in July.
- Prices were kept unchanged until the 5th before increasing it by 17 paise per litre on the 6th of the month.
- During the first and second weeks, petrol prices in Telangana were increased relentlessly to touch the highest price of the month at Rs.81.51 a litre on the 14th of the month.
- Prices were subsequently reduced; however, it never came below the opening price of the month.
- By the end of the month, petrol prices had reduced by 57 paise as against the highest price recorded during the month when a litre was sold at Rs.80.94 a litre on the 30th of the month.
- The petrol price trend in Telangana during the month of July grew by 1.14% primarily due to the marginal rise in crude oil price in the global market.
Petrol Price Trend in Telangana in August 2018
- Oil companies reduced the petrol price in Telangana on the 1st of August by 3 paise per to stand at Rs.80.90 per litre. This was also the lowest price recorded in Telangana in August.
- Petrol prices were increased daily during the first and second weeks as crude oil prices continued to soar.
- The rise in crude oil prices in the global market was due to geopolitical tensions between the U.S. administration and Iran as the former pulled out of the nuclear deal between the two nations.
- This led to a shortage in the supply of crude oil in the market prompting fuel prices to increase across the globe.
- By the end of the month, petrol prices in Telangana rose to touch Rs.83.30 per litre, an increase of Rs.2.40 per litre when compared to the opening price of the month. This was also the highest price registered during the course of the month.
- Overall, petrol prices during the month of August in Telangana inclined by 2.97% mainly due to the increase in crude oil prices in the market.
Petrol Price Trend in Telangana in September 2018
- On the 1st of September, the petrol price in Telangana stood at Rs.83.30 per litre similar to that of previous day. This rate was the lowest price of the month in the State.
- There was no let up as petrol prices continued to rise significantly over the course of the first and second weeks.
- The incline in fuel prices was influenced by the steep increase in crude oil prices due to geopolitical tensions.
- Crude oil price rose to touch $80 per barrel, a four-year high prompting fuel prices to soar across the globe.
- Additionally, the exchange rate of the Indian currency touch record low of Rs.72 over the U.S. dollar.
- Both the rise in oil prices and the massive drop in the exchange rate of rupee-dollar influenced fuel prices to touch record levels during the third and fourth weeks.
- By the end of the month, petrol prices in Telangana during September rose to touch the highest price of Rs.88.32 per litre on the 28th which was kept untouched until the last day.
- Overall, the petrol price trend in Telangana during the month grew significantly by 6.03% primarily due to the sharp incline in oil prices coupled with the depreciation of the Indian currency.
How are Petrol Rates in Telangana Revised?
Since the introduction of dynamic fuel pricing on 16 June 2017, fuel rates (diesel and petrol) are revised at 06:00 a.m. every day in all cities in Telangana. It is advisable to check for a change in petrol prices. The daily revision of fuel rates will only for a few paise. If your fuel consumption is more, a minute variation can also mean a lot. The petrol price is revised largely based on the currency conversion rate and worldwide crude oil prices.
Advantages of Dynamic Fuel Pricing
Dynamic Fuel Pricing offers the following benefits:
- The mechanism ensures 100% fuel pricing.
- Dealers can effectively and efficiently manage stocks.
- The Indian fuel retailing sector can be interlinked to global fuel markets.
- Daily movements in the exchange rate and crude oil rates can be easily transferred to end consumers like you.
- Dealers and oil marketing companies can manage their working capital effectively and efficiently.
Quarterly Petrol Price Trend in Telangana Between April and June 2018
|Opening date price||Rs.78.08 per litre||Rs.79.04 per litre||Rs.82.98 per litre|
|Closing date price||Rs.79.04 per litre||Rs.83.04 per litre||Rs.80.03 per litre|
|Highest price||Rs.79.08 per litre recorded on 24th||Rs.83.13 per litre recorded on 29th||Rs.82.98 per litre recorded on 1st|
|Lowest price||Rs.78.08 per litre recorded on 1st||Rs.79.04 per litre recorded from 1st to 11th||Rs.80.03 per litre recorded from 27th to 30th|
Petrol Price Trend in Telangana in April 2018
- On 1st, the petrol price in Hyderabad, the current capital of Telangana, stood at Rs.78.08 a litre. This was also the lowest price of the month in the State.
- Petrol prices in India are revised every day under the ‘Dynamic Fuel Pricing’ mechanism. State-run oil companies fix petrol prices based on the global crude oil rate and the currency exchange value.
- With prices revised daily, during the first week, petrol prices in Telangana moved upwards marginally impacted by the rise in oil prices.
- While petrol prices inclined marginally, it was not influenced by domestic factors such as taxes, operational costs or the commission to dealers but rather by international factors of oil and currency exchange rates.
- Petrol prices rose to post the highest cost for the month at Rs.79.05 per litre on the 24th of the month mainly due to the increase in oil prices.
- There was an upward trend in petrol prices in Telangana of 1.23% largely due to higher crude oil rates.
Petrol Price Trend in Telangana in May 2018
- Fuel companies kept the petrol price unchanged in Telangana until the 11th of the month as oil prices in the global market remained steady.
- Petrol prices were revised from the 12th onwards with the cost increased in tandem with the crude oil price.
- The global crude oil price increased sharply in the backdrop of fears over a shortage in supply. With the US administration pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal, there were apprehensions that sanctions will be imposed by the US and thereby leading to a potential shortage in supply of oil.
- By the end of the third week, petrol prices had risen by Rs.2.11 per litre in Telangana compared to the 1st of the month.
- With the significant rise in crude oil rates, petrol prices in India continued to increase sharply to touch an all-time high of Rs.83.13 per litre in Telangana.
- By the end of the month, petrol prices in the State grew considerably by 5.06% despite the State and the Centre keeping domestic factors such as taxes and operational costs unchanged.
Petrol Price Trend in Telangana in June 2018
- The petrol price on 1st in the State stood at Rs.82.98 a litre, a slight reduction in price over the previous day. This price was also the highest for the month.
- During the first week, petrol prices in the State remained steady with a marginal decline in cost.
- With fuel prices touching an all-time high across the globe, the members of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its key ally Russia decided to meet on the 22nd to discuss ways to tackle the rising oil price.
- Petrol price in Telangana fell marginally in the second and third week influenced by the drop in crude oil rates in the global market.
- OPEC and Russia agreed to increase the production of oil by about one million barrels a day to offset disruptions in Libya and Venezuela along with the looming losses in Iran.
- The lowest petrol price in the State was recorded on the 27th at Rs.80.03 influenced by the fall in the global crude oil rate.
- Overall, petrol prices in Telangana in June reflected a downward trend of 3.56% mainly impacted by the decline in crude oil prices in the global market.
Trend in Petrol Price in Telangana between January 2018 and March 2018
|Opening date price||Rs.74.09 a litre||Rs.77.34 a litre||Rs.75.84 a litre|
|Closing date price||Rs.77.22 a litre||Rs.75.70 a litre||Rs.77.89 a litre|
|Highest price||Rs.77.22 a litre booked on 31st||Rs.77.69 a litre booked on 6th and 7th||Rs.77.89 a litre booked on 31st|
|Lowest price||Rs.74.09 a litre booked on 1st||Rs.75.70 a litre booked on 28th||Rs.75.84 a litre booked on 1st|
Trend in Petrol Price in Telangana in January 2018
- Petrol turned out to be an expensive fuel in Telangana. A multi-year high was ruptured at Rs.77.22 a litre this month because of crude oil expenses.
- The exchange rate also impacts the revision of the price tag to some degree. In this month, the USD depreciated minutely versus the Indian currency.
- Since there were no notable changes in the crude oil overheads and the exchange rate, fuel prices for the first 3 days were steady.
- Afterwards, the Indian Oil Marketing Companies have begun increasing the fuel rate under the dynamic fuel pricing framework.
- Dynamic fuel pricing enables the Indian OMCs to instantly transmit the changes in the currency conversion rate and transactional unrefined oil rates to customers.
- Fuel buyers were asked to pay Rs.74.09 to buy a litre of petrol in Hyderabad on 1st. The offer flown to Rs.74.42 a litre on 7th. You can now watch a price rise of 39 paise a litre.
- Likewise, on 15th, the fuel price further increased to Rs.75.37 a litre and Rs.76.33 a litre on 21st. The offer as on 28th stood at Rs.77.06 a litre. It can be interpreted that the weekly growth rate has gone up progressively.
Trend in Petrol Price in Telangana in February 2018
- On 1st, Arun Jaitley presented the Union Budget to the country. He announced a few noticeable changes in the excise duty levied on petrol. Fascinatingly, the fuel market was not affected by the announcement of the budget.
- During the first week, the average petrol rate in Hyderabad was Rs.77.51 a litre. The average fuel rate dropped to Rs.77.46 a litre during the second week.
- A price difference of 5 paise per litre was provoked by a strengthened USD and a reasonable gain in the price of unrefined oil in international markets.
- Further, the average fuel rate decreased to Rs.76.37 a litre during the third week and Rs.75.75 a litre during the last week.
- In the entire month, Hindustan Petroleum, Bharat Petroleum and Indian Oil have declared a price fall of 2.12% in all parts of Telangana influenced a fall in the demand for unrefined oil.
- As far as indigenous forces are concerned, no deviations were noted. The fabrication and supply of crude oil were usual.
- Globally, refinery activities were also reported to be steady. The revision of crude oil costs was not affected by the political trends in oil-producing countries.
Trend in Petrol Price in Telangana in March 2018
- No changes have been made as far as the excise duty is concerned in the quarter. As of 31st, on petrol per litre, the central levy was Rs.19.48. The State Government of Telangana collected the VAT at 33.21%.
- The overheads incurred by the Indian OMCs were Rs.8 per litre and the commission charged by the fuel dealers was Rs.3.59 a litre across the state of Telangana.
- In sync with the INR/USD currency translation rate and global unrefined oil prices, the petrol rate appreciated 4.87% to Rs.77.89 a litre on 31st between January 2018 and March 2018.
- For the whole quarter, the highest and lowest fuel prices stood at Rs.77.89 a litre and Rs.74.09 a litre.
- Like the first two months, the supply of crude oil was persistent in March also. According to reliable sources, the production of crude oil remained unaffected.
- The Central Government may reduce the tax on petrol to curb the growing fuel prices. Moreover, the State Government of Telangana may consider revising the VAT to reduce the fuel price for end consumers.
Why do Petrol Rates in Telangana Change Every Day?
Petrol prices in Telangana are varying every day due to the variations in global crude oil prices. Petrol is not a domestic commodity. India imports crude oil from foreign companies. Depending upon several factors such as importing charges, the demand for crude oil and export expense, the petrol rate in all parts of Telangana is determined. The demand for petrol is growing day by day with a growing number of petrol-run vehicles. Premier oil marketing companies consider charges and duties and offer a new price every day. The price will be slightly different because of various charges and tolls.
How can you Trace the Current Petrol Price in Telangana?
Indian oil marketing companies, which include Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum, have introduced many ways to track petrol prices daily at 06:00 a.m. Petrol consumers can trace the petrol price through mobile applications designed by oil marketing entities, SMS alerts, toll-free customer care numbers and websites. Fuel@IOC is the mobile application of Indian Oil, SmartDrive is the mobile application of Bharat Petroleum and My HPCL is the mobile application of Hindustan Petroleum.
How are Petrol Prices in Telangana Computed?
The Retail Selling Price of Petrol Consists of the following factors:
Taxes: How much is petrol taxed currently in Telangana? The tax imposed on petrol by the local government is subject to vary. Recently, Maharashtra and Gujarat have diminished the state VAT. In Telangana, petrol was taxed at 35.20% as on 4 October 2017. The central excise duty was Rs.19.48 per litre as on the same date.
Crude Oil Rates: Crude oil is bought from foreign oil marketing companies on a contractual basis. On 6 November, WTI Crude Oil was priced at 57.35 per barrel, which is equivalent to 159 litres.
Refinery transfer price (RTP): Refinery transfer price is paid by oil marketing companies. It is paid to convert crude oil into petrol.
Expenses incurred by OMCs: Entry taxes, operational expenses, marketing expenses and freight charges are the expenses incurred by oil marketing companies.
Therefore, the final price of petrol paid by end consumers includes all the aforesaid components. Pollution cess and the commission charged by dealers are also included in the retail selling price of petrol.
Factors Affecting Petrol Prices in Telangana
If the INR, the Indian currency, falls against the USD, the currency of the United States of America; the cost price of crude oil increases, and thus the retail selling price goes up. If the INR appreciates against the USD; the cost price of petrol decreases, and thus the retail selling price comes down. Crude oil prices and taxes are other factors affecting petrol prices in Telangana. The excise duty was reduced to Rs.19.48 per litre. Therefore, petrol prices were down in Telangana in October 2017.
Effect of GST on Petrol Prices in Telangana
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a united tax system introduced in India in July 2017. Unlike other commodities, petrol has been kept outside the scope of GST. So, GST has no impact on petrol prices. In a bigger picture, the oil and natural gas industry does not fall under the GST regime. If GST is levied, the cost of compliance will increase for industry participants and the petrol cost will decrease by 35-40%. The current GST rates should be reworked in order to apply GST on petrol.
Also Check Petrol Price in NearBy Cities of Telangana
|Petrol Price in Tamil Nadu||Petrol Price in Warangal||Petrol Price in Varanasi||Petrol Price in Aligarh|
*Disclaimer: BankBazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this page, the prevailing prices are susceptible to change and provided on an as-is basis. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.