Zero down payment of bike loan is the method where the lender finances 100% of the cost of your two-wheeler vehicle you wish to purchase. Here, You are not required to pay a single money from your pocket except a processing fee which varies from lender to lender.
Let us have a detailed look at why zero down payment bike loans are a beneficial financing option
Benefits of zero down payment bike loan
Some of the benefits of a zero down payment bike loan are:
- You will not have to go through the hassle of arranging money for purchasing your two-wheeler vehicle. The lender will finance the cost of the vehicle, following which you can repay your loan in easy EMIs.
- Your liquidity is not affected.
- In case you fail to make the monthly EMI payment, you don't stand to lose any money that you'd have otherwise lost, if you'd made a down payment
- The minimum age of eligibility can vary between 18 years and 21 years and may differ from bank to bank. The maximum age of eligibility may go up to 65 years.
- You must be a salaried or a self-employed professional.
- You must be a resident of India.
- You must have a minimum work experience of 1 year. Most banks will also require to draw a minimum salary of at least Rs.12,000 in order for you to be eligible for zero down payment bike loan.
- If you are a self-employed individual, then you must have an existing business for at least 2 years.
- You will have to declare any loans previously availed by you, and also ensure you must ensure you have a healthy credit score.
- Ensure none of your cheque payments have bounced in the past one year.
Fees and charges
|Processing fee||Up to 3% of the loan amount|
|Documentation charges||Up to 3%|
|Interest charged on the loan||Varies from lender to lender|
|Foreclosing charges||Varies from lender to lender|
|Stamp duty||Varies from state to state|
- Proof of identity such as PAN card, passport, voter ID card, etc.
- Proof of address such as such as utility bills, Aadhaar, etc.
- Proof of income such as bank account statements, income tax returns, salary certificate in case of private limited firms.
- Other KYC documents as specified by the lender offering the loan.
How to apply
You can get in touch with a representative of the lender to get more details of the zero down payment bike loan being offered by them. You will then have to submit the necessary documents and application form to the lender for verification. If all the details submitted are correct, your loan application will be sanctioned.
- What is down payment?
- What should I do to ensure I can avail the zero down payment option?
- I want to buy a superbike. Will I be able to avail the zero down payment loan to purchase it?
When you avail a loan for purchasing a two-wheeler vehicle, you might have to shell out 5% -15% of the total value of the car, while the bank finances the rest of the amount. The amount you pay out of your pocket is called the down payment.
You must meet the eligibility criteria and make sure you have a healthy credit score to ensure that the lender offers you the zero down payment option.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have a healthy credit score, not only will the bank sanction your application for a two-wheeler loan but will most likely finance 100% of the cost of the superbike.