Residents of West Bengal who belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) group or are just above the Above Poverty Line (APL) can apply for a ration card so that they can purchase food item at subsidised rates. Apart from that, the ration card can also act as a legitimate government document.
West Bengal Ration Card list 2020
You can check the list by visiting West Bengal official website. As you visit the website, the list will be displayed on the home page and you will be able to check the details for each district in West Bengal.
West Bengal Ration Card eligibility
If you are a resident of West Bengal and do not hold a ration card, or if your ration card has expired then you are eligible to apply for West Bengal ration card.
Documents required to apply for West Bengal Ration Card
The list of documents you will have to submit in order to apply for West Bengal Ration Card are:
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- Proof of income
- Proof of having a valid mobile number
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID/EPIC
- Email ID
- Proof of your age
- Old ration card only if available
How to apply for West Bengal Ration Card
Given below are the steps you will have to follow if you wish to apply for a West Bengal Ration Card:
- Visit the official website of West Bengal Department of Food and Supplies.
- As you scroll down you will find the link ‘Application Form for Non-Subsidised Ration Card or Conversion to Non-Subsidised Ration Card’. Click on it
- A new page will open where you will have to enter your 10-digits mobile number
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘VALIDATE’
- After you have validated your mobile number, your next step will be to choose one of the options if you are an existing ration card holder – AAY, PHH, SPHH, RKSY-I, or RKSY-II Card. If you are applying for a ration card for the first time, then you will not be required to choose any of the options given above
- If you are an exisiting customer, choose one of the options - AAY, PHH, SPHH, RKSY-I, or RKSY-II Card if you wish to convert your existing digital card to non-subsidised ration card
- In the next step, enter the district, block/municipality, gram panchayat, post office, police station, flat number, street lane, PIN Code, email ID, and your ration card number. Click on ‘DISPLAY’ to view the information
- Details of your family members will be displayed on the screen. You can then select all the card members or partially select the card members for conversion to non-subsidised ration card and then click on ‘View Selected List’
- You will then have to enter details such as date of birth, Aadhaar number, EPIC number (only if available), and PAN Number of the selected ration card and then click on ‘Save and View’
- You will then have to verify all the details provided by you and check the declaration form. Do the summation and click on the ‘Submit’ button. Your application form will be submitted successfully for which you will receive a confirmation message on your computer screen
- If you are a new applicant, then you will have to choose the option ‘New Applicant –Don't have a ration card’ option on the screen
- Enter the district, block/municipality, gram panchayat, post office, police station, flat number, street lane, PIN Code, email ID, and paper category, and select the Fair Price Shop/ Ration Dealer information
- You will then have to enter your personal details such as your date of birth, Aadhaar number, EPIC number (only if available), Email ID, and PAN Number of the selected ration card. Enter the details of your father and mother and then click on ‘Show Member’. If you are the head of the family then under the ‘relationship’ category and click on ‘Head’. You can click on ‘Add Family Members’ and then add the important details such as name of the member, their relationship to you, age, etc. Click on ‘Show Member’ to check the details
- Once all the members have been added, click on ‘Save and View Application’ button
- Verify all the details provided by you and check the declaration form. Do the summation and click on the ‘Submit’ button. Your application form will be submitted successfully for which you will receive a confirmation message on your computer screen.
You can also visit the nearest Seva Kendra or ration shop along with all the necessary documents if you wish to apply for a new ration card or renew your expired ration card. You will have to fill the application form and submit the necessary documents as proof and once that is done, submit it. Your documents will then be verified and if they are found to be correct, the new ration card will be sent to your communication address. You can also download the application form online, get a printout and then fill it. Once that is done, you can visit the nearest Seva Kendra and submit the document.
How to check West Bengal Ration Card status
- To check ration card status visit West Bengal ration card status page.
- Select the Form type, district, and municipality
- Enter the last 8-digits of your ration card application number or enter the 16-digits ration card application number
- Click on ‘Search’
- You will then be able to view the status of your ration card
How to download West Bengal Ration Card online
- Visit the official website of West Bengal Department of Food and Supplies
- Under ‘For Official Purpose’ click on ‘Official Login’
- Enter your user id and password, followed by a security process where you will have to answer the sum of two numbers
- Click on ‘Login’
- Once you have logged in, you can find the details of your ration card and download the ration card in the pdf format. You can also obtain a printout of the same for future use.
How to change name in West Bengal Ration Card
You can get a printout of the form by clicking on the link . After that fill the form by providing the correct name and visit the nearest Seva Kendra along with all the necessary documents and submit the application form. Once the documents submitted by you is verified, the name in the ration card will be verified.
How to change address in West Bengal Ration Card
You will have to get the printout of the form by clicking on the link and fill the form by providing the new address. After that visit the nearest Seva Kendra along with all the important documents including the proof of address and submit it. The documents will be verified, and you will later receive your ration card mentioning the correct address.
- Can I link my Aadhaar to my ration card?
Yes, you can link your Aadhaar to your ration card.
- Can married couples apply for ration card?
Yes, married couples can apply for a ration card provided one of the spouses is holds a West Bengal domicile certificate.
- Is there any application fee I will have to pay while applying for a ration card?
No, you will not be required to pay any application fee while applying for a ration card.
- Can I use my West Bengal ration card in other states?
Yes, you can use your ratio card in any state of India.
- In how many days will I receive my ration card after applying for it?
It will take around 2-3 weeks for you to receive your ration card at your communication address.
Ration Card Related Pages